Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Origin of ancient language

edenlog

I hear he was a salty old coot.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

I didn't think you could salt coots.

Everything is better with salt on it, even coots. Even old coots.

• Haha 3

Only when everything is properly dried and proper

~

• Haha 1

I seriously have no idea what this thread is all about...is it a thread devoted to understanding language development or a thread about Divinity - or lack thereof? Please enlighten me

1 hour ago, keithisco said:

I seriously have no idea what this thread is all about...is it a thread devoted to understanding language development or a thread about Divinity - or lack thereof? Please enlighten me

It started out as the former and then someone tried to pontificate it into the latter with bad information (things derived from someone's "psychic channeling" - information that doesn't match what the people who lived at the time of the writing were philosophizing about in writing, art, music, or any other form.)  

When this kind of thing happens, threads usually turn playful and then there's a lot of banter centered around the misinformation.  We usually stay on-topic if the overall information is from reliable sources within the original culture rather than some New Age stuff that some modern person has decided to inflict on an unsuspecting ancient culture.

• Like 3