Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fishing with grenades; cooking with C4

Eldorado

"We worked with the South Vietnamese soldiers and they showed us how to catch shrimp. But the best way to catch fish was to throw a hand grenade in the water and go collect the dead fish.

The Vietnamese would also barbecue snakes, but we were a little leery about catching them because there were some deadly ones and we didn’t know which was which."

Full article: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/fishing-with-grenades-and-cooking-with-c4-a-veterans-vietnam-food-memories-104572114/

"Jay was drafted in 1966. He arrived in Vietnam on December 25, a few weeks after his 21st birthday. “The first thing I said was, ‘Even for a Jew, this is no way to spend Christmas.""

:)

• Like 2

We used little chunks of C4 as stove fuel tablets in survival school when I was a CAP cadet. :whistle:

• Like 1

"Jay was drafted in 1966. He arrived in Vietnam on December 25, a few weeks after his 21st birthday. “The first thing I said was, ‘Even for a Jew, this is no way to spend Christmas.""

That's really sad.