Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

MS-13 gang lead says lockup is unbearable

Myles

What I don't understand is that the State Supreme County Justice is going to try to get him more phone access.  

An alleged major drug trafficker known as "Reaper" -- who's accused of being a kingpin in the brutal MS-13 gang -- told a judge life in lockup is unbearable and complained about a lack of phone access and the "discrimination" he faces at a New York county jail.

Miguel Angel Corea Diaz, 35, begged State Supreme County Justice Patricia Harrington to intervene while he's locked up in Nassau County, Newsday reported Monday. Corea Diaz claimed he was “suffering.”

Corea Diaz was charged with three counts of operating as a major drug trafficker and five counts of second-degree conspiracy. He pleaded not guilty to the crimes in April. The district attorney’s office had told the court Corea Diaz reported directly to the gang’s leaders in El Salvador.

In front of Harrington on July 31, however, Corea Diaz painted himself as a loving father who misses his children, the paper reported.

“I’m a human being, I have a family. I have children. I’m not able to talk to them,” he said. “It’s about time that I speak to them because when I get deported, I don’t know if I’m going to be able to speak to them again.”

Corea Diaz is locked in his jail cell for 23 hours a day and has limited phone access, his lawyer Scott Gross told the judge, adding “The conditions have been unbearable.”

In response to Corea Diaz’s pleas, Harrington said she had no control over where the jail houses inmates, but would look into getting him more phone access.

Corea Diaz, a Salvadoran national, faces 25 years to life in prison if he’s convicted of the charges against him. Plea negotiations with Corea Diaz are ongoing, district attorney’s office spokeswoman Miriam Sholder told Newsday. The district attorney’s office in June offered Corea Diaz a plea bargain of 7 to 21 years in prison, the newspaper reported, citing court records. He would have to waive his right to appeal the conviction.

MS-13 was started by Central American immigrants, mainly from El Salvador, in Los Angeles in the 1980s.  (Reuters)

Corea Diaz was named in a January indictment that officials claimed was a major blow to MS-13’s infrastructure.

MS-13 was started by Central American immigrants, mainly from El Salvador, in Los Angeles in the 1980s and has expanded to include Hondurans, Guatemalans, Mexicans and other Central and South Americans.

President Trump's Justice and Homeland Security Departments have made targeting the gang a top priority. The president himself has used the word "animals" to describe the gang.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/07/alleged-ms-13-kingpin-pleads-with-judge-to-improve-jail-conditions.html

Edited by Myles
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Myles said:

What I don't understand is that the State Supreme County Justice is going to try to get him more phone access.  

So he can use their "battle language" to order his minions around.........:wacko:

• Like 3

If he's actually guilty of being in MS-13, then the tiniest violin in the world is playing just for him. 

I can hear it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sorry about that unsightly black box in my post.    It wasn't there when I posted.  

I tried to improve it with white font over it, but it is still ugly.

• Like 2

Poor baby!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

From the reports I heard he's actually controlling MS-13 in up to 5 states. Why on earth he grant him the ability to communicate more?

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, skliss said:

From the reports I heard he's actually controlling MS-13 in up to 5 states. Why on earth he grant him the ability to communicate more?

the devil you know......

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

the devil you know......

Well, maybe they could get a few names or something but I doubt they'll get anything incriminating as these guys are aware they're being listened to.

46 minutes ago, skliss said:

Human rights, liberty, reform etc bull****. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kartikg said:

That seems to sum up the attitude of too many Americans today. 

56 minutes ago, kartikg said:

He is already given access to a phone.    This guy doesn't like jail and feels he should get special treatment.  

Just now, skliss said:

Well, maybe they could get a few names or something but I doubt they'll get anything incriminating as these guys are aware they're being listened to.

my point was they know what he is doing and no doubt listen to his phone, if someone else on the outside takes his place, they wont know any of that.

4 hours ago, aztek said:

my point was they know what he is doing and no doubt listen to his phone, if someone else on the outside takes his place, they wont know any of that.

I get your point. Why wouldn't they already be doing it then I wonder. If he's petitioning for access they must not be letting him have more time.

20 hours ago, Myles said:

He is already given access to a phone.    This guy doesn't like jail and feels he should get special treatment.  

Yes I think he needs a spa, high speed internet, weekends out of jail etc. 

• Like 1

Corea Diaz, a Salvadoran national, faces 25 years to life in prison if he’s convicted of the charges against him.

It's heaven on Earth compared to a Salvadoran prison. The hell with him.

• Like 2

They should take away the phone as punishment for complaining. lol

• Like 1

He needs someone to tell him what I often heard as a child,  "Keep it up.  I'll give you something to cry about."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The president is right they are animals and no he doesn't deserve more phone time.  He is in prison, not at a country club.

He's smart enough to control MS-13 gangs in 5 States so he's probably smart enough to know how to use our own Judicial system to benefit himself. He's gaming the system by taking advantage of our Western human rights ideals. This is as gross as it gets.