Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Still Waters

Roger Thivierge and Marie-Claude Martineau are selling what was their retirement project after the municipality fenced off the "haunted" abandoned building on the property.

Thivierge and Martineau thought they'd found their dream retirement project in 2009 when they purchased a 43-hectare property on the Nicolet River in Sainte-Clotilde-de-Horton, a quaint village near Drummondville, Que.

The couple saw an ideal place to set up their French bulldog breeding business. They planned to look for funds to renovate the abandoned institutional building on the property and turn it into a seniors' home.

Nine years later, the couple says their dream has turned into a nightmare.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/sainte-clotilde-de-horton-haunted-asylum-1.4774594

• Like 2

Maybe they should breed guard dogs and train them to chase off ghost hunters. 

I thought it was a private house they lived in and they had a visit from Dead Files or someone else and got told due to dangerous paranormal activity  they needed to leave for their own safety.

I really don't see a story here....

First up the title is misleading.

Second there being "Forced" To sell it because it needs to be condemned.

I would like to know how much they paid for it (Non-of my business to be honest)

But 2.8 Million is more then the average Canadian household makes in it's entire life.

So simply put. I'm not totally convinced that this is not actually a ploy to sell the place for 2.8 million dollars.

• 1 year later...