Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Papin Sisters/Shared Paranoid Disorder

Not A Rockstar

Whoa, just watched this youtube vid of a murder I had never heard of where two sisters committed a double murder in France, early 1900s. Gruesome, but what interested me most was the finding of the disorder they were believed to have suffered which led to it all. It was a fascinating case which tells their story swiftly and allows for insight into how they turned out that way. The vid is about 20 minutes and goes pretty quick. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

There are a couple of movies I've seen depicting the story or based off the story. It was a weird circumstance of folie a deux, madness shared by two and then the sexual relationship (possibly although both movies include it) make it quite salacious for now much less back then.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

Remember these two insane twins?  2008.

dayum! I have no words for that! 

We would run into this with people, thankfully not 2 together and not on a motorway like this, but, it was rough going and scary. PCP was what set it off in the cases I dealt with. I have seen them punching out reinforced windows with a fist and almost flipping a car over before starting on punching through the windows (effortlessly). Usually they are also soaking wet and hard to hang onto (sweating insanely) and violent. It looks awful but nothing to be done but restrain them with brute force because they are going to get someone else killed if not themselves. The brain is not at all coherent, you cannot reason with them.

I saw a film in Police Academy (security tape, nobody was filming for fun) of a guy on PCP rushing an officer with a knife. He was shot six times (those were the days they carried .38 cal only pretty much) through the heart. The organ was blown totally apart and no longer functioning. Yet the man kept coming and stabbed the officer to death, then turned away and ran another 100 yards or so before he dropped finally of sheer blood loss. 

Scary stuff and nothing really to tip you off if they are just standing there except pin point pupils, and really you never wish to be that close as to notice a detail like that :( besides the fact other drugs or conditions can also do that. But if you are ever near someone and notice their pupils seem to be gone or vanished or something, get the heck away like your life depends upon it, because, it very well might.

Seeing this, that would totally be my first guess.

But, on the humorous side, yes, that would be the same two LOL.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

@OverSword here is more on the case you posted above. No drugs, just mental. The one girl murdered a fellow the very next day!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ursula_and_Sabina_Eriksson

It is the same psychosis it seems as the Papin's had, they say.

That's right!  I totally forgot about that part of the story. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

@OverSword here is more on the case you posted above. No drugs, just mental. The one girl murdered a fellow the very next day!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ursula_and_Sabina_Eriksson

It is the same psychosis it seems as the Papin's had, they say.

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That's right!  I totally forgot about that part of the story. 

I hadn't ever heard either of these stories, thanks for sharing guys. 

The mind is a terrifying thing. Hell im afraid of my own mind and the darkness that lies therein and im fully in control of my faculties....well mostly....oh shuttup :lol:

• Haha 2