Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery murder victim shows up in 'Jaws'

UM-Bot

Hmm, looking at the two photos, I don't think you could say they are definitely of the same woman.

• Like 3

Hill maintains that the mystery woman, who has come to be known as "The Lady of the Dunes", appears in a scene in the 1974 monster movie Jaws.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/320397/mystery-murder-victim-shows-up-in-jaws

Jeeze thats one heck of a long shot, unless he knows something no one else does. :unsure:

• Like 2

This is startling, if true. I mean, it COULD be her. Some people really have a gift for remembering faces, so perhaps he did spot her as an extra. Just the odds against it are astronomical I'd think.

• Like 3

I had read another article on this and it had mentioned that they found a blue headscarf near the body, not sure if that was true. Still a long shot if so.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I had read another article on this and it had mentioned that they found a blue headscarf near the body, not sure if that was true. Still a long shot if so.

Yeah, same here. Maybe it is like the lotto and odds or not someone wins. Maybe it is her, maybe not. If they can even track extras paid to identify the woman... this might be one of those claims never able to be proven.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Maybe it is her, maybe not. If they can even track extras paid to identify the woman... this might be one of those claims never able to be proven.

Yea, I read in this situation it's even more difficult because she wasn't an extra, the shot she is in is just a general crowd shot in the Cape Cod area where they filmed Jaws, the people there may not have even known they were being filmed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Do I need to Brillo my eyeballs or something?

These two women don't even look similar!

Edited by acute
  • Haha 1

Isn't the one picture a computer generated approximation of the dead woman's face?  The records of the movie should be around somewhere with the extras' names or at least the agency they were hired from.  If they were hired from a cattle call, the checks had to go to someone. I know 40 years is a long time, but it's no less of a long shot.  Are there any unsolved missing persons cases out there that fit the bodies' description?  The case is far from being solved unless the hiring info is still on file.

• Like 2

Surely there are records around the Cape Cod area of women gone missing in that year.

• Like 2