Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Suspect chased by herd of cows to police

The Caspian Hare

Never try to hide in field full of cows.  She is lucky there wasn't a bull in here. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

Never try to hide in field full of cows.  She is lucky there wasn't a bull in here. 

True that, a bull will kill your bleep, when a kid a bunch of us were surprised and not a big thing no worries, we jumped in the river and we all knew this well so not worried at all because there was a local CRAZY WILD GOAT that killed dogs there at times too.
This ole bull was nothing. GUESS AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crazy arrrrse bull, it had one of those top flappy things on its back, we all will never forget it, it flew right in after us, yeah nothing bad happened but it scared the hell out of us.

Just my two bits.

Edited by MWoo7

I've had some run in with cows myself. I was out running my father's beagles, I caught one and tied her up, then went to get catch the other one, when I heard her barking really frantic.  I ran over to her to find a cow and a bull going after her.  I tried to run them off and unhook her so she could get away. They chased us both into the swamp.  The other dog took of for home.  When i got home I told my mother what happen.  She said, she was wondering why Bang was circling around the house barking. 

• Like 4

Only in Florida does something like this happen.

They chase people off because they think your one of the local rednecks trying to push them over while they sleep standing up.

I know these kind of things.:D

Edited by Why not
Confession
  • Haha 1

When I was younger we thought nothing of walking through a field of cows, wouldn't do that now though. 

Cows are too unpredictable. Sometimes they just stand around looking at you, other times they start walking towards you and when one moves the rest follow. You can never be sure what they'll do especially if they have calves with them.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

When I was younger we thought nothing of walking through a field of cows, wouldn't do that now though. 

Cows are too unpredictable. Sometimes they just stand around looking at you, other times they start walking towards you and when one moves the rest follow. You can never be sure what they'll do especially if they have calves with them.

Cows are curious about new things in their pasture. Cows will also pursue you if you have the feed bucket. :yes:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Caspian Hare said:

Cows are curious about new things in their pasture. Cows will also pursue you if you have the feed bucket. :yes:

Growing up we used to live opposite a farm. It wasn't a big farm, just some cows, pigs, hens and a hay barn that we used to play in. The farmer used to let us help feed the cows in the cowshed and walk them up to the fields, bring them back for milking and watch them being hooked up to the milk machines, all this while trying not to get in his way.

He also had a field next to our house, it's in that field I watched one of his cows give birth. That was a first for me because the farmer didn't allow us in the cowshed when one of his cows had newly calved.

• Like 3

Best way to start a stampede is to spook a herd of cattle, bull or no bull.

I had a funny experience with cattle a few years ago.  I was on my way to our plant.  The cows broke through the fence and were crossing the road.  In the middle of the road was a bull making sounds like he was directing traffic. Trying to get the "girls" to move faster. Needless to say, a new fence was put up and I only recently saw some cows back in that part.  In fact I hadn't seen cows there in any part of the pasture until recently.  I guess the cows were being punished.  They were only following their bull's orders like good cows.

• Like 4

Speaking of bulls, when I lived away from home and used to catch a bus to work, there was this field directly across from the bus shelter. It was a country road and not all that wide so the bull wasn't that far away from us. There were three of us who used to catch that bus in the mornings and we were very wary of this bull. It was a huge brute of an animal and it would come pushing against the wire fence bellowing at us, it was really intimidating and this would happen every morning. We used to be ever so thankful to see the bus coming!

• Like 2

I like the way she mooves 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As a teen I remember herding some cattle on foot down a dirt road. This one cow kept stopping and looking at me.

Next thing I know it charged me. I had a stick and jabbed it at the cow. It went back to the herd but it scared the crap out of me.

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:32 AM, The Caspian Hare said:

That is very true.  I was out with a gf just SE of San Antonio on a dark rainy night about 20 years ago.  Long story short, we pulled into a desolate back road for some privacy and my car started slowly sinking into knee deep mud.  I went to get help when I managed to trudge a mile or so in muck then finally made it to a paved road.  I started walking when I became aware of several figures following alongside me and when I stopped to look, I saw a bunch of cow faces eyeballing me in the rain.  I forgot what I was carrying but I had something in my hand which the cows must've taken for food.  Why I stopped to play with the cows in pouring rain is beyond me but it was like the Bugs Bunny sequence with the hairy red monster where I would move then the cows would follow right after and then stop when I would stop.

• Like 2