Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Secret recording shows GOP's Nunes saying

ExpandMyMind

REP. NUNES (R-CA): “So therein lies, so it’s like your classic Catch-22 situation where we were at a – this puts us in such a tough spot. If Sessions won’t unrecuse and Mueller won’t clear the president, we’re the only ones. Which is really the danger. That’s why I keep, and thank you for saying it by the way, I mean we have to keep all these seats. We have to keep the majority. If we do not keep the majority, all of this goes away.”

REP. NUNES (R-CA): “They know it’s ridiculous to go after the president for obstruction of justice. But if they tell a lie often enough and they put it out there and they say, ‘Oh, we’re looking at the tweets,’ cause you know you’ve got a mixed bag on the tweets, right? Like sometimes you love the president’s tweets, sometimes we cringe on the president’s tweets. But they’re trying to make a political, this is all political as to why that story ran in the New York Times on the tweets.”

REP. NUNES (R-CA): “Now if somebody thinks that my campaign or Cathy’s campaign is colluding with the Chinese, or you name the country, hey, could happen, it would be a very bad thing if Cathy was getting secrets from the Portuguese, let’s say, just because I’m Portuguese, my family was. So Cathy was getting secret information from the Portuguese. You know, may or may not be unusual. But ultimately let’s say the Portuguese came and brought her some stolen emails. And she decided to release those. Okay, now we have a problem, right? Because somebody stole the emails, gave ‘em to Cathy, Cathy released ‘em. Well, if that’s the case, then that’s criminal.”

Portuguese. You know, may or may not be unusual. But ultimately let’s say the Portuguese came and brought her some stolen emails. And she decided to release those. Okay, now we have a problem, right? Because somebody stole the emails, gave ‘em to Cathy, Cathy released ‘em. Well, if that’s the case, then that’s criminal.”

Clip #4:

AUDIENCE MEMBER: “But also, on things that came up in the House on Rosenstein impeachment thing. And it appears from an outsider that the Republicans were not supported.”

REP. NUNES (R-CA): “Yeah, well, so it’s a bit complicated, right? And I say that because you have to, so we only have so many months left, right? So if we actually vote to impeach, okay, what that does is that triggers the Senate then has to take it up. Well, and you have to decide what you want right now because the Senate only has so much time. Do you want them to drop everything and not confirm the Supreme Court justice, the new Supreme Court justice? So that’s part of why, I don’t think you have, you’re not getting from, and I’ve said publicly Rosenstein deserves to be impeached. I mean, so, I don’t think you’re gonna get any argument from most of our colleagues. The question is the timing of it right before the election.”

REP. MCMORRIS RODGERS (R-WA): “Also, the Senate has to start –”

REP. NUNES (R-CA): “The Senate would have to start, the Senate would have to drop everything they’re doing and start to, and start with impeachment on Rosenstein. And then take the risk of not getting Kavanaugh confirmed. So it’s not a matter that any of us like Rosenstein. It’s a matter of, it’s a matter of timing.”

Insane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right there in black and white. America doesn't matter, law and order dont matter, only retaining power. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

But if they tell a lie often enough and they put it out there and they say, ‘Oh, we’re looking at the tweets,’ cause you know you’ve got a mixed bag on the tweets, right? Like sometimes you love the president’s tweets, sometimes we cringe on the president’s tweets. But they’re trying to make a political, this is all political as to why that story ran in the New York Times on the tweets.”

Are not the Presidents comments to America in the form of tweets just as political as FDR's fireside chats in another age?  

5 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Are not the Presidents comments to America in the form of tweets just as political as FDR's fireside chats in another age?  

I think they are generally viewed as official statements. I mean he's fired people by Tweet and his own press secretary confirmed that they are official statements.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

America doesn't matter, law and order dont matter, only retaining power. 

It is different for any US politician?

• Like 2

Nothing insane about any of that! What he is talking about is that the Senate only reconvines for 9 more days later in the year. So either you want to see a big fuss in the Senate over Rosenstien for 9 days or just let them do their business. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

Nothing insane about any of that! What he is talking about is that the Senate only reconvines for 9 more days later in the year. So either you want to see a big fuss in the Senate over Rosenstien for 9 days or just let them do their business. 

I really don't see anything about retaining power, more along the lines of retaining what they have manage to achieve. If they can't keep the majority, they would loose tax cuts and all these keys policies drawn up so far, plus risk of Trump being impeached regardless if there is a crime or not. Democrats had stated many times that they would work towards dismantling all gains we have gotten from these policies and willing to impeach Trump regardless of the circumstances. That includes economic growth, that includes increased wages, and that includes record low unemployment for all races I might add.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Sam said:

I really don't see anything about retaining power, more along the lines of retaining what they have manage to achieve. If they can't keep the majority, they would loose tax cuts and all these keys policies drawn up so far, plus risk of Trump being impeached regardless if there is a crime or not. Democrats had stated many times that they would work towards dismantling all gains we have gotten from these policies and willing to impeach Trump regardless of the circumstances. That includes economic growth, that includes increased wages, and that includes record low unemployment for all races I might add.

Two years of the public seeing that kind of hate on display might be all it takes to re-elect Trump ;) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, and then said:

Two years of the public seeing that kind of hate on display might be all it takes to re-elect Trump ;) 

What do you think of this?

So you see, the left is doing everything it can to destroy the perceived integrity, the honesty, the trustworthiness of our electoral system. And it all began in earnest… I think the modern era of this began after the Florida 2000 recount. When the Supreme Court stopped the Democrats’ efforts to steal that election for Algore, the left had their series of cows, had their conniption fits, and began saying that Bush was illegitimate because he didn’t win that election; Algore did.

Therefore everything Bush did in his presidency was illegitimate, shouldn’t have happened. They’re doing the same thing with Trump now, the presidential election 2016. You know the drill: The Russians colluded with Trump. The Russians meddled. The Russians engineered the outcome in several states. You’ve got a bunch of people believing this, even though it isn’t possible.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/08/09/evidence-of-the-lefts-march-toward-ending-elections/