Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO in China

preacherman76

8 hours ago, Dejarma said:

i'm already there

See how a nice and succinct post from you can help? Clarity is very important if you’re actually wanting to have discussions on a text based medium. We’ve bothe been around long enough to know that.

Would have saved a whole lot of time for us and others if you explained yourself earlier rather than dancing around the points you were trying to make and assuming things.  

I think kind of critically, so when you say it’s CGI, and I can’t obviously see it, I want to know why.

So, subjectively, you still think CGI, objectively, could be real footage. 

17 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Would have saved a whole lot of time for us and others if you explained yourself earlier rather than dancing around the points you were trying to make and assuming things.  

i have not been dancing around! i said right from the start i feel it's CGI.. i've explained why i think it's CGI= i was not <<trying>> to make points- i made points that you or others will either agree with or wont!

you're becoming tedious now- all due respect

On 16/08/2018 at 6:20 PM, quillius said:

ok .......now I do think you havent looked into it properly......

that is a pointless & meaningless rebuttal! you need to explain what you mean by that for it to mean something to me!!!

On 10/08/2018 at 6:28 AM, Dejarma said:

cgi imo & very good cgi= the tracking is superb, can't fault it but unfortunately for the hoaxer he/she used good ol' aftereffects lights that 'to me' is bleeding obvious & sticks out like a sore thumb:rolleyes:

but all in all a good attempt= 8 gold stars out of ten;)

On 10/08/2018 at 6:46 AM, Dejarma said:

nope= i'm 97% sure it's cgi;)

On 10/08/2018 at 8:07 AM, Dejarma said:

imo there's nothing actually there= it's cgi

On 11/08/2018 at 12:45 AM, Dejarma said:

yep...that means nothing! if your intention is to create a good fake, therefore, taking your time/ putting a little thought into it by filming from 3 different angles/ editing each piece of footage to make it look like 3 different cameras then add the cgi= easy

it worked because it seems to be fooling you & a few others-- for me, i see right through it seeing CGI is my main income of late--- but no worries, enjoy the very small possibility i might be wrong;)

On 17/08/2018 at 9:40 AM, Dejarma said:

*snip*

Seriously now= are we looking at CGI? How am I supposed to really know! Only the uploader knows for sure.

*snip*

9 hours ago, Dejarma said:

i have not been dancing around! i said right from the start i feel it's CGI.. i've explained why i think it's CGI= i was not <<trying>> to make points- i made points that you or others will either agree with or wont!

you're becoming tedious now- all due respect

And with all due respect to you, my fine Sir:

Yes you most definitely did say from the start that it was ‘very good CGI’ etc.

It took you until post #119 to admit that you didn’t know it was CGI for sure.

I was just trying to determine how you were so sure it was CGI. That answer has only come in your most recent replies. 

So, I still think the footage looks authentic and is not CGI, and I think that the circumstances behind the footage seem reasonable. But yes it could be good CGI from someone with a bit of time on their hands. 

At this stage I still feel like it’s something high up firing an engine/countermeasures etc.

Edited by Timothy
Added post#.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

and I think that the circumstances behind the footage seem reasonable.

I respectfully disagree. I think the circumstances aren't clear and that's what, at least for me, makes me think this is just another hoax. I've been trying to find the original clips from the "compiled" video and I was totally unlucky. Even my friend Cheng from China can't find them. 

Edit: Yes, I have been through the "weibo" videos but they are 8 - 10 seconds long and the info attached doesn't say much. Also, I couldn't find more than the 3 posted in the compiled video. Taking into account China population and mobile phone access I would imagine that there would be more videos. Also, why only record 8-10 seconds of something that is "extraordinary". Yes. Weibo only allows limited-time videos. So, if someone did record for more than 10 seconds where are the long ones uploaded somewhere else? 

Edit: Also, many of the videos posted on weibo are re-posts from TV network. 

Edited by MrBene
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MrBene said:

I respectfully disagree. I think the circumstances aren't clear and that's what, at least for me, makes me think this is just another hoax. I've been trying to find the original clips from the "compiled" video and I was totally unlucky. Even my friend Cheng from China can't find them. 

Edit: Yes, I have been through the "weibo" videos but they are 8 - 10 seconds long and the info attached doesn't say much. Also, I couldn't find more than the 3 posted in the compiled video. Taking into account China population and mobile phone access I would imagine that there would be more videos. Also, why only record 8-10 seconds of something that is "extraordinary". Yes. Weibo only allows limited-time videos. So, if someone did record for more than 10 seconds where are the long ones uploaded somewhere else? 

Edit: Also, many of the videos posted on weibo are re-posts from TV network. 

Thanks for the info. What did Cheng think about the other people saying that they saw the same phenomena too?

As for the ‘why only record 8-10 seconds’, my opinion on that was in a previous post. There are a number of reasons why it could be the case, in this case. 

I still think it’s footage of a real phenomena, but yes I agree it could be a good hoax too. 

9 minutes ago, Timothy said:

What did Cheng think about the other people saying that they saw the same phenomena too?

Cheng is a very subjective person because he's into maths and physics but he told me that a large portion of Chinese people are very superstitious and he thinks that is because they are uneducated. Even some people think Chinese people have somehow "alien" origin. Despite of this generalization his reaction was opposite to mine because he thinks that what's on the video is something quite mundane but taken with crappy lens and zooms. He thinks it's the exhaust/turbine of a plane. His thoughts about the whole incident were two: one, it wasn't significant because this barely hit any news there and secondly he doesn't trust of the main source: weibo, which in his words "it's a social network for teenagers" who claimed ufo right away.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/08/2018 at 1:15 AM, Dejarma said:

that is a pointless & meaningless rebuttal! you need to explain what you mean by that for it to mean something to me!!!

hmm ok, this is what you said and my responses in bold (as I seem to not be able to use the quote function very well)

same as many other claims of this nature.. allow me to put forward my opinion on what is more than likely here if i may:

very general opening. 

a person/s make up a little story for a laugh.

again, very general comment, not sure why or how this story they told constitutes a 'laugh'. The transcripts and recordings certainly do not suggest this and if anything back up the fact that the men 'did' or at least 'believed' to have experienced something.

after a while the story gets around.

well kind of but again isn't that the way all stories/reports progress

then to their shock & amazement, the local paper knocks on the door & from there it mushrooms

not how it happened. what paper? whos door? when? 

after all the attention it creates it would be embarrassing to confess.. so it goes on & on & on becoming what you class as a <historic case>.

finally got the quote thing working but will keep in bold for continuity.

embarrassing to confess only works if a- it was a made up story to begin with. secondly what happened to Parker after a while? embarrassment would have seemed a nice outcome compare to what actually happened.

And of course, quite often some of these story tellers earn money from it making them even more reluctant to confess!

who made money where and when.....assume you have something to back this assertion?

i guess the next ridiculous thing to happen would be a major Hollywood film made of one of these made up BS stories= haha, but of course, that would never happen

not sure how to respond to out and out speculation, luckily a film was never made after all these years so I guess I will stick with that, unless you know somethings in the pipeline.....?

edit to add: if you do want to discuss this case there are a couple of old threads we can reactivate rather than us derailing this one. cheers

Edited by quillius