Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO in China

preacherman76

I have seen plenty of Orb video's, but never anything like this. Seems there is more then one camera view of this sighting as well. From what I understand this was a big deal on social media in China.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This creeps me out with a real bad feeling … last time I saw pics of UFO lights in China, that massive earthquake happened real soon after, maybe even a day? 

It got kind of erased from news by the quakes. I remember there was speculation about some pre-quake phenomenon I had not heard of that may have caused them which I did not really understand how, but, anyway … 

• Like 1

Looked up what I was remembering and it looks real different and is apparently a magnetic disruption, so is not the same thing, but anyway, here is that. Was a long time ago. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Ummm... fire lanterns ? 

I thought that for about 5 seconds, but they were disappearing and reappearing, seemingly moving across the sky, like a game of leap frog. Some of the video happened in near full daylight, and there seemed to be nothing there when the light went out.

• Like 1

It is odd, and taking film from different places of the same behavior helps support it as something actually up there. IDK what it is.

Maybe someone will come along with a better answer.

13 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I thought that for about 5 seconds, but they were disappearing and reappearing, seemingly moving across the sky, like a game of leap frog. Some of the video happened in near full daylight, and there seemed to be nothing there when the light went out.

Some of the "movement" is caused by the video looping. As for appearing/disappearing; they are moving through low cloud cover and/or pollution haze. :) 

They where at a considerable distance away. When their flame went out... you would not be able to see the remaining structure of the fire lantern. 

Edited by RoofGardener

8 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Some of the "movement" is caused by the video looping. As for appearing/disappearing; they are moving through low cloud cover and/or pollution haze. :) 

They where at a considerable distance away. When their flame went out... you would not be able to see the remaining structure of the fire lantern. 

I don’t know man, much of the video there doesn’t appear to be any clouds at all where the lights are. Especially as the sun starts really going down almost half way through the video. 

Look at it right about the 52 second mark. Seems to be happening in nearly  clear sky’s 

Edited by preacherman76

12 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Look at it right about the 52 second mark. Seems to be happening in nearly  clear sky’s 

I dunno Preacherman76 ... it looks hazy to me ? It's difficult to be sure because of the low quality of the video clip. 

• Like 1

Checked out the video. Went to 48 seconds. Nothing much to see other than a distant light that goes on and off. Could be a turning balloon with a reflector behind the light source.

Nothing really to see.

1 hour ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Looked up what I was remembering and it looks real different and is apparently a magnetic disruption, so is not the same thing, but anyway, here is that. Was a long time ago. 

Nice video.It is showing something completely unrelated to the earthquake. It is called a circumhorizon arc.

https://www.atoptics.co.uk/halo/cha2.htm

The rarity, or otherwise, of the arc depends on where you are. At medium latitudes like much of the USA it is notrare - it can be seen several times each summer.

China lies roughly from 20 to 36 north latitude.  This is misnamed a fire rainbow by some news reporters.

Enjoyed the video.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

Nice video.It is showing something completely unrelated to the earthquake. It is called a circumhorizon arc.

https://www.atoptics.co.uk/halo/cha2.htm

China lies roughly from 20 to 36 north latitude.  This is misnamed a fire rainbow by some news reporters.

Enjoyed the video.

thank you for this, I just believed what they were claiming, that it was some magnetic caused aurora effect and the mag was due to the impending quake. It showed up minutes before the quake, but I had never heard of it before. Mind you, I haven't heard of a lot of things :) 

appreciate your time.

12 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Checked out the video. Went to 48 seconds. Nothing much to see other than a distant light that goes on and off. Could be a turning balloon with a reflector behind the light source.

Nothing really to see.

hmm.....I thought the first video/angle (first 10-12 seconds of footage) is quite interesting.....

not sure I agree with either suggestion put forth Stereo and I also don't think they look like lanterns.

to be fair I am a little stumped so far

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, quillius said:

hmm.....I thought the first video/angle (first 10-12 seconds of footage) is quite interesting.....

not sure I agree with either suggestion put forth Stereo and I also don't think they look like lanterns.

to be fair I am a little stumped so far

I didn't check out the beginning. Just did.

The video is horribly out of focus. The look of the video suggests to me that the out of focus source is essentially a point of light. 

The dimming suggest to me a turning light source. It brightens and dims slowly because the source is turning. It might also be an incandescent bulb taking time to heat up.

There really is so little in the video it is of no interest to me.

1 hour ago, Not A Rockstar said:

thank you for this, I just believed what they were claiming, that it was some magnetic caused aurora effect and the mag was due to the impending quake. It showed up minutes before the quake, but I had never heard of it before. Mind you, I haven't heard of a lot of things :) 

appreciate your time.

I'm not surprised that people connected an atmospheric event to another event.

Sun dogs appear around twice a week on average. Yet, when I show many people they tell me that they have never seen them before. I've seen at least 10 solar halos this year. They are amazingly common yet many people never notice them.

47 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I didn't check out the beginning. Just did.

The video is horribly out of focus. The look of the video suggests to me that the out of focus source is essentially a point of light. 

The dimming suggest to me a turning light source. It brightens and dims slowly because the source is turning. It might also be an incandescent bulb taking time to heat up.

There really is so little in the video it is of no interest to me.

would that cause us to see three at once?

If I understand you correctly then at best (using your suggestion) we would see it appear, disappear, then appear again......rather than being able to see up to 3 at once?

maybe I am misunderstanding your suggestion

It looks quite a lot like flares dropped from an aircraft ? Although there is no sign of an aircraft in the video this might be due to the blurring.   

21 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

It looks quite a lot like flares dropped from an aircraft ? Although there is no sign of an aircraft in the video this might be due to the blurring.   

yes, quite similar to Phoenix in the way they ignite and then go out....only problem is their longevity is not in line with flares........at least none of the flares that we have previously looked into in regards to Phoenix event. Cant quite remember the details especially 'how long they are lit for' but it was certainly minutes not seconds as per the above video.

@L.A.T.1961 & @quillius, I was thinking along similar lines. 

Aircraft countermeasures or a rocket stage firing, something like that.

It definitely looks like it’s coming from a physical craft moving from left to right. You can see that the ‘rings’ also move to the right when they first appear, then slow and seem almost stationary. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, quillius said:

would that cause us to see three at once?

If I understand you correctly then at best (using your suggestion) we would see it appear, disappear, then appear again......rather than being able to see up to 3 at once?

maybe I am misunderstanding your suggestion

I am suggesting three light sources each is simply a light source hanging from a balloon. A possibility is that the light source has a reflector behind it. At it turns we see each of them turn on and off. 

If someone had a pair of binoculars then we'd have a chance at knowing what it was.

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I am suggesting three light sources each is simply a light source hanging from a balloon. A possibility is that the light source has a reflector behind it. At it turns we see each of them turn on and off. 

If someone had a pair of binoculars then we'd have a chance at knowing what it was.

Whatever is producing the lights is moving from left to right at some speed. Looks much more like rings of fire being expelled by some type of aircraft/rocket than something hanging from a balloon. 

Very clear to see it’s not more stationary like a balloon or Chinese lanterns. 

22 minutes ago, Timothy said:

@L.A.T.1961 & @quillius, I was thinking along similar lines. 

Aircraft countermeasures or a rocket stage firing, something like that.

It definitely looks like it’s coming from a physical craft moving from left to right. You can see that the ‘rings’ also move to the right when they first appear, then slow and seem almost stationary. 

I’m gonna look again to try and see the rings you are talking about. One thing that stuck out to me, I’m thinking this went on for some time. Through nearly the entire sun setting process. 

Unless it stopped and started up again, which is possible. 

8 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I’m gonna look again to try and see the rings you are talking about. One thing that stuck out to me, I’m thinking this went on for some time. Through nearly the entire sun setting process. 

Unless it stopped and started up again, which is possible. 

The best was I can describe it is to think of it like an aircraft blowing ‘smoke rings’ of fire as it moves on a reasonably straight track from left to right. 

It’s very clear to see this movement and the structure of the rings in the first two clips.

1 minute ago, Timothy said:

The best was I can describe it is to think of it like an aircraft blowing ‘smoke rings’ of fire as it moves on a reasonably straight track from left to right. 

It’s very clear to see this movement and the structure of the rings in the first two clips.

Right I gotta cha. Makes sense. We’d probably be able to see the craft, even if was was really far out though no? 

I gotta get to a bigger screen. This phone doesn’t give great detail. 

Maybe someone here has the know how to freeze a frame and zoom in on it?