Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow people

Rick hughes

I was asleep in the spare room in my house and awoke to seeing two female human form shadow people. One of them took the shape of my girlfriend holding a flash light as if it was looking for something in the room. I said babe, what are you looking for? The other one was the shape of my 13 year old daughter. All of a sudden they turned their heads very fast to look at me then they charged me. I threw the covers over me and awoke. But who could this be a dream? I’ve had demonic sleep paralysis experiences a whole bunch of times and those are scary! Terrifying! But those don’t even come close to what the shock and terror I got from the shadow people gave me. Way more realistic and much more terrifying! Scared the crap out of me! So I been seeing other things at night that looks real but it not a shadow all the time. It’s trying to take physical features of my girlfriend but it’s not her! Crazy! So i thought I could trick them by wearing a sleeping mask. It helps but now they speak! I’m not joking! Sleeping on the couch in the living room at 4 a.m. I hear something say “hey Rick”!  I jumped out of my skin! No one was around. First time I ever heard them speak. It seemed like it was trying to mimic my girlfriends voice but a little different. Creepy!  She was down the hall asleep in her bed in her room. Crazy! So if I cheat with the sleeping mask, now they wanna talk! I can’t win! What’s next , ear plugs? I don’t know what the hell these things are or were they come from but they give me shock and terror and panic. It seems all to real. I’m 41 now and this all started happening around April of 2018. Why me???

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rick hughes said:

I was asleep in the spare room in my house and awoke to seeing two female human form shadow people. One of them took the shape of my girlfriend holding a flash light as if it was looking for something in the room. I said babe, what are you looking for? The other one was the shape of my 13 year old daughter. All of a sudden they turned their heads very fast to look at me then they charged me. I threw the covers over me and awoke. But who could this be a dream? I’ve had demonic sleep paralysis experiences a whole bunch of times and those are scary! Terrifying! But those don’t even come close to what the shock and terror I got from the shadow people gave me. Way more realistic and much more terrifying! Scared the crap out of me! So I been seeing other things at night that looks real but it not a shadow all the time. It’s trying to take physical features of my girlfriend but it’s not her! Crazy! So i thought I could trick them by wearing a sleeping mask. It helps but now they speak! I’m not joking! Sleeping on the couch in the living room at 4 a.m. I hear something say “hey Rick”!  I jumped out of my skin! No one was around. First time I ever heard them speak. It seemed like it was trying to mimic my girlfriends voice but a little different. Creepy!  She was down the hall asleep in her bed in her room. Crazy! So if I cheat with the sleeping mask, now they wanna talk! I can’t win! What’s next , ear plugs? I don’t know what the hell these things are or were they come from but they give me shock and terror and panic. It seems all to real. I’m 41 now and this all started happening around April of 2018. Why me???

Need more replies. Can anyone relate?

Hello Rick, and welcome to UM.

We have a very large pool of information in regards to shadow people.  I  myself have had three incidents of Shadow people. 

Have a quick look through the search  feature and you will find plenty of information to help you out. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rick hughes said:

Yeah I've been there a few times. First time I don't think I was ever more scared in my life. Couple of thoughts. Some people think they are emotion, or fear parasites. That they actually draw energy from your strong emotions, in this case fear.

Others think they are the shadow part of your subconscious. In the Carl Jung sense. If so, they are there to get you to confront your fear. To eventually overcome your fear. If this is true, these experiences could end up being a good thing, IF you can eventually over come.

In either case the underlining factor is to drop your fear of them, and they will go away. Yes I know, easier said then done.

Quick question. Are you paralyzed when this happens? I noticed you said you saw them, then pulled the covers over your head? I did the same thing the first time it happened.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2

I do fell a sense of paralysis out of shock and fear. I they came at me so fast I thought they were taking me. I managed to cover my eyes with my hands then with covers. It happened so fast but it soooo very real. Thanks for your info.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

In either case the underlining factor is to drop your fear of them, and they will go away. Yes I know, easier said then done.

:tu: What he said!

• Like 1

Just do a simple banishment. Something from your own belief system, or you can find the LBRP on youtube.

Don't listen to anybody who claims you need to pay them money to get rid of this.

You can (and should) do it yourself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GlitterRose said:

Just do a simple banishment. Something from your own belief system, or you can find the LBRP on youtube.

Don't listen to anybody who claims you need to pay them money to get rid of this.

You can (and should) do it yourself.

3 hours ago, Rick hughes said:

I do fell a sense of paralysis out of shock and fear. I they came at me so fast I thought they were taking me. I managed to cover my eyes with my hands then with covers. It happened so fast but it soooo very real. Thanks for your info.

Just one more question. How often do things like this happen to you?

I've seen the shadow figure with the hat on before; that's the only one I've ever seen though; ever since I was a little kid.

One time I saw him across the yard standing next to the barn, just staring at me through the office window, before clearing the distance in a flash until he was right at the window I was looking out; scared the crap out of me. I was probably about eight at the time. 

Another time I saw him standing on the other side of the pond, again, just watching me. Spooked me, but I'd learned by then that other people can't see the things I can, so I opted to just ignore him and pretend like nothing was wrong. I was about 12. 

Another time I saw him as I was being beaten unconscious by a group of thugs when I was locked up. Standing on the other side of the chain link fence, watching us. I was fifteen. 

The most recent time was when I turned the television off and saw him standing behind me in the reflection, right in the living room. I pretended not to see him, but I wanted answers. When I thought I could feel his guard lower and I could surprise, I whipped around to try and grab him, but he was gone. I felt silly. I was 21. 

I'm 23 now. If the pattern continues, it'll probably be another year or two before I see him again; hopefully I can come up with a better plan to question him this time as to why he's been following me. Live a couple thousand miles away from where I used to, but somehow I don't think that will matter much. 

1 hour ago, Virtue Boy said:

I'm 23 now. If the pattern continues, it'll probably be another year or two before I see him again; hopefully I can come up with a better plan to question him this time as to why he's been following me. Live a couple thousand miles away from where I used to, but somehow I don't think that will matter much. 

It's a "thought form" questioning it won't give you any answers. It feeds on fear and anxiety. Once that's gone, so is it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

It happens every couple weeks Since April of 2018. Now it speeks my name to get my attention.

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Just now, Rick hughes said:

It happens every couple weeks Since April of 2018. Now it speeks my name to get my attention. I use a sleeping mask now so now it wants to talk! It says “hey Rick”! I jump out of bed. Hear it clear as day!

42 minutes ago, Rick hughes said:

It happens every couple weeks Since April of 2018. Now it speeks my name to get my attention.

If you’d like I can give you a little info that could really send you down the rabbit hole next time it happens.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rick hughes said:

Have you tried scouring the internet for thoughts and theories on 'Shadow People'. 

18 hours ago, Rick hughes said:

Firstly let me start by saying that I totally believe you. In order to get to the bottom of these disturbances please can I ask you the following questions:

1. Are you having problems in your relationships with other people at the moment (family, social, or work)?

2. If the answer is yes are you being subjected to high levels of stress which you cannot easily end?

3. With the bad relationships is it people trying to antagonise you to elicit reactions out of you?

4. Have you tried any forms of meditation?

5. Has anybody close to you died recently?

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Have you tried scouring the internet for thoughts and theories on 'Shadow People'. 

Yes, so much to read. These beings are not a dream, right? Demons have come to pass, now secret shadows lye. Emerged from the sadist mercenary’s ride. Realm not of this world, Godless messenger. That’s the feeling I get about the human shape shadow people. Creepy!

4 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Firstly let me start by saying that I totally believe you. In order to get to the bottom of these disturbances please can I ask you the following questions:

1. Are you having problems in your relationships with other people at the moment (family, social, or work)?

2. If the answer is yes are you being subjected to high levels of stress which you cannot easily end?

3. With the bad relationships is it people trying to antagonise you to elicit reactions out of you?

4. Have you tried any forms of meditation?

5. Has anybody close to you died recently?

Question 1 is no question 3 is no. Question 4 is no. Question 5 is no. Now what? These shadow humans seem soooo real! Blows my mind! Are they evil? Mine are aggressive.

You quoted me but didn't type a response. Was there something you wanted to say?

People have different ideas about what they are.

Some think they're hypnagogic hallucinations from a sleep paralysis type event.

Some think they are thoughtforms/tulpas that are manifested for some reason.

Some think they are actual entities...earthbounds/demons/archons that can be parasitic.

Whatever you believe they are...even if you only think it's psychological or if you believe they are from sleep paralysis events...banishment works. 

13 hours ago, Rick hughes said:

Question 1 is no question 3 is no. Question 4 is no. Question 5 is no. Now what? These shadow humans seem soooo real! Blows my mind! Are they evil? Mine are aggressive.

In my opinion your subconscious is trying to get your attention. There is a block preventing this happening the normal way so its manifesting outside of your head. Tell me, has anybody else been around to see them?

Its choosing your girlfriend and daughter for shock impact. That to me suggests your arent paying some aspect of your subconscious the attention it needs. 

3 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

You quoted me but didn't type a response. Was there something you wanted to say?

People have different ideas about what they are.

Some think they're hypnagogic hallucinations from a sleep paralysis type event.

Some think they are thoughtforms/tulpas that are manifested for some reason.

Some think they are actual entities...earthbounds/demons/archons that can be parasitic.

Whatever you believe they are...even if you only think it's psychological or if you believe they are from sleep paralysis events...banishment works. 

It’s taking the shape and form of my girlfriend and some say it a doppelgänger. I herd this is bad.

13 minutes ago, Rick hughes said:

It’s taking the shape and form of my girlfriend and some say it a doppelgänger. I herd this is bad.

People have different experiences. Maybe sometimes it's bad and sometimes it isn't.

I had an experience like that once.

I had a really bad migraine and it was upsetting my tummy. 

I knew there was migraine medication somewhere in the house, but I was worried if I took it, that I would throw up.

Anyway, I just laid there in bed, suffering. 

My partner came around the bed, and he stroked my forehead. He said why don't you take the medicine and I told him I was worried about getting sick.

Anyway, he brought the medicine and set it on the nightstand with some water, and kissed me on the forehead. Then he walked out the bedroom door.

I took the medicine and rolled over...and there he was next to me, fast asleep.

So I woke him up and asked him, and he hadn't gotten up at all, but the medicine and the glass were still on the nightstand. 

Edited by GlitterRose
  • Like 2

I didn't get sick from the medicine and it did make me feel better.

• Like 2