Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are your 20s the best years of your life?

Still Waters

They are often said to be the best years of your life, but how different is it to be in your 20s now, than 10 or 20 years ago?

A new index which looks at people's wellbeing has found that 20 to 29-year-olds today are feeling more distant from their family and close friends than 20-somethings were in the previous two decades.

They are also less likely to feel a sense of belonging in their community and wider society.

How do you compare with the average 20-something?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44967221

• Like 1

Apparently still in my twenties... Body is older though:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DebDandelion said:

Apparently still in my twenties... Body is older though:D

In my head I'm still 25 but my left knee smacks me upside the head and tells me to quit being foolish. 

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

I'm my head I'm still 25 but my left knee smacks me upside the head and tells me to quit being foolish. 

I am sticking with giggling hysterically at my body and choosing to follow my brain on this :)

I have to say, I checked my laugh lines...and I realised I have laughed a lot (due to the amount of lines and their depth...no amount of botox can fix that ) and then my WTF lines (forehead)... And I do believe they got more in the past 10years. Cause u know...humanity...

• Haha 2

Well I'm still in my 20s so I don't know, but I've had a pretty great time so far. If this is the best it gets, though...well, I'd say that's a bit disappointing.

• Haha 1

I'd say, move around and do all you can while you're in your 20's, that life is not going to last.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, StarMountainKid said:

I'd say, move around and do all you can while you're in your 20's, that life is not going to last.

If they could only appreciate the truth of this.  Imagine how much more they'd enjoy it :)  

Might have been at some point.
I find that most people now consider the 30's there best years.

I would agree.

• Like 1

On August 11, 2018 at 3:11 AM, and then said:

If they could only appreciate the truth of this.  Imagine how much more they'd enjoy it :)  

I dunno about that and then,. I think one reason I enjoyed those years so much...is that I didn't have sense enough to realize ,or worry about, how soon youth would be gone.   

I am still 24.  I cancelled my 25th birthday cos I decided that would make me old, although ironically I also wanted to be older to give my voice more gravitas. 

These days I survive as a 24 year old with a body more than twice the age ....   People respect my opinion.  But my body doesnt always do what I expect it to ...

20's is the new punch in the crotch.