Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Charlottesville Remembered

Farmer77

There's another Unite the Right rally tomorrow in DC, organised by the same guy as the last time.

What sort of an ******* organises another rally to coincide with the one year anniversary of Charlottesville?

Just read a comment that echoes my sentiments on this matter: 'we went to war to stop Nazis from marching and now we're giving them permits to march in the country's capital'. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

There's another Unite the Right rally tomorrow in DC, organised by the same guy as the last time.

What sort of an ******* organises another rally to coincide with the one year anniversary of Charlottesville?

Just read a comment that echoes my sentiments on this matter: 'we went to war to stop Nazis from marching and now we're giving them permits to march in the country's capital'. 

While crappy, I don't think we should stop it.  

4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

'we went to war to stop Nazis from marching and now we're giving them permits to march in the country's capital'. 

This is a good thing, because it means you still live in a free Nation wherein all voices can make themselves heard and secondly its a good thing because this way you can see who they are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

This is a good thing, because it means you still live in a free Nation wherein all voices can make themselves heard and secondly its a good thing because this way you can see who they are.

Yes it's something people are even allowed to do in Australia and New Zealand.  

You can not censor a societies scabby wounds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2018 at 8:38 AM, CMPG said:

I had to post it. No one is/was listening to my research and discovery. I will post all my independent views and research on a separate post. 

I am none the wiser.

• Like 1

wow, it's been already a year since liberal fascists attacked people who protected the history?  it feels like it happened just yesterday. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, aztek said:

wow, it's been already a year since liberal fascists attacked people who protected the history?  it feels like it happened just yesterday. 

Please do read through the thread :tu:

2 hours ago, aztek said:

You can’t be a liberal fascist. Fascism is inherently right wing. If you’re a liberal extremist prone to violence you’re an anarchist. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

You can’t be a liberal fascist. 

sure you can, we see them in action, they call themselves liberals and they are fascists by actions, exactly what brown shirts did in 30s. right or left makes no difference

Edited by aztek

21 minutes ago, aztek said:

sure you can, we see them in action, they call themselves liberals and they are fascists by actions, exactly what brown shirts did in 30s. right or left makes no difference

All ideologies have their extremists, and oddly they all look and behave the same. 

• Like 2

As usual, there were a couple of dozen White Nationalists in DC for their "protest" and there were several hundred Antifa causing general mayhem because they didn't have enough people to fight.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Michelle said:

As usual, there were a couple of dozen White Nationalists in DC for their "protest" and there were several hundred Antifa causing general mayhem because they didn't have enough people to fight.

Are you kidding me :huh:

In a country of 320+ million people,those 30+ people are going to cause the next Reich!... :rofl:

It is funny though...this was again another case of "as usual" ;)

• Haha 2

But, but, but they are expanding, doncha know!!! And more dangerous than ever!!!   

:sk   :lol:

• Haha 2

The rally today in DC was hardly a white supremacists rally.  

Did you tune in?  There were plenty of individuals streaming live.  

It wasn't difficult to see it from all perspectives.

I watched in on live YouTube... The freedom of speech main corporate provider today!

The beacon of freedom ... YouTube .. lol

The individual who created the event ... A white guy!.. OMFG... Repeatedly said, and answered questions to reporters, said rally was for free speech for all individuals regardless of race, religion or sexual orientation!

There was no KKK there or Nazis!  

There was a black individual and a Latino individual who stood and spoke in solidarity with the white individual.

What I did notice and will take from the whole rally and counter rallies is individuals just want to be heard and in today's day n age with electronic mobile devices the individual is heard... 

The police there took a lot of abuse verbally.  

They didn't react... 

I think it's because they see it everyday.. domestic violence... 

Angry individuals who can change their lives if they so choose... I hope they do.

God blessed America!

Hope it continues on and on!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

All ideologies have their extremists, and oddly they all look and behave the same. 

Intimidation and suppression of the "other" through violence.  In the last 18 months or so it has become crystal clear which side in U.S. politics has been guilty.

I don't get it. Hardly any show up and instead of everyone coming together to celebrate the victory (the leader expected 400), people are ridiculing the type of people that, thanks to showing up in their thousands there in DC and in Charlottesville, 'scared' others into not showing up (in a white supremacist's own words on why there were so few).

Can we not just all be happy that their "march" was such an embarrassment for them? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I don't get it. Hardly any show up and instead of everyone coming together to celebrate the victory (the leader expected 400), people are ridiculing the type of people that, thanks to showing up in their thousands there in DC and in Charlottesville, 'scared' others into not showing up (in a white supremacist's own words on why there were so few).

Can we not just all be happy that their "march" was such an embarrassment for them? 

It depends on how they were convinced not to attend. Were they swayed by a convincing and compassion driven discourse, or were they disuaded out of fear of being beaten up?

because driving evil underground only festers it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Michelle said:

But, but, but they are expanding, doncha know!!! And more dangerous than ever!!!   

:sk   :lol:

Had they not been met with force a year ago, followed by legal actions and social shunning I think the results could have been very different this year. 

21 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It depends on how they were convinced not to attend. Were they swayed by a convincing and compassion driven discourse, or were they disuaded out of fear of being beaten up?

because driving evil underground only festers it.

Many of them faced legal consequences for their actions in Charlottesville and many more faced social ramifications as a result of their views being exposed. I think those factors had much more to do with the turnout than the threat of physical violence

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Many of them faced legal consequences for their actions in Charlottesville and many more faced social ramifications as a result of their views being exposed. I think those factors had much more to do with the turnout than the threat of physical violence

It was raining pretty bad too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gromdor said:

It was raining pretty bad too.

Bad for the torches... I guess?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Had they not been met with force a year ago, followed by legal actions and social shunning I think the results could have been very different this year. 

I have never seen more than a few dozen show up to any KKK, Nazi or White Nationalist rally and there have been many rallies in my lifetime. Either they came out of the woodwork to fight Antifa or there actually were a lot of people there simply protesting the Lee's Confederate Memorial removal in Lee's own home town. That is how I know everyone there wasn't a White Nationalist, KKK or Nazi.

This was the "huge" rally the KKK had in Memphis and it was one of the largest they had ever had. Five dozen showed up.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/03/31/us/tennessee-klan-rally/index.html

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

I have never seen more than a few dozen show up to any KKK, Nazi or White Nationalist rally and there have been many rallies in my lifetime. 

Agreed, until Charlottesville. That had the potential to be a real turning point. 

I think its two years of dog whistling that had them all wound up last year but the reality that POTUS' dog whistling doesn't help when you get shunned for being scum, or get arrested for acting on your warped beliefs,  made folks think twice . 

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Agreed, until Charlottesville. That had the potential to be a real turning point. 

I think its two years of dog whistling that had them all wound up last year but the reality that POTUS' dog whistling doesn't help when you get shunned for being scum, or get arrested for acting on your warped beliefs,  made folks think twice . 

I think it's idiot Antifa and BLM who have been pushing people too far. Give them an inch and they want a mile. They get more and more violent until they are appeased.

• Like 1