Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Charlottesville Remembered

Farmer77

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

I think it's idiot Antifa and BLM who have been pushing people too far.

On a certain level I agree, both of those groups need to temper some of their actions. However as many are p***ed off that BLM exists at all as they are over any specific action they have done and that mentality fits right in with Spencer et al. 

I think "pushing people too far" though has different meanings to different folks.  "When you're accustomed  to privilege equality feels like oppression"  seems like a very fitting statement for this conversation. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

"When you're accustomed  to privilege equality feels like oppression"  seems like a very fitting statement for this conversation. 

It has nothing to do with privilege. It's stupidity. Take the Ferguson riots for example. Instead of peacefully protesting, they demanded the police stay out of their neighborhoods, looted their neighborhood stores, set fire to cars, attacked a CNN reporter,...etc. They funny thing about that was she was caught lying about the "peaceful protest" live on TV. Then they whine when the police stop regularly patrolling and they no longer have anywhere to shop because people aren't stupid enough to open up shop there again.

There are BLM chapters now all over the world, even in Canada. I've never heard of a widespread problem of police brutality in Canada.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

It has nothing to do with privilege.

Sure it does, having lived our entire lives with the privilege of not having an absurdly high rate of violent police interactions,conviction and incarceration rates , many simply refuse to accept that the BLM protests have a legitimate concern. 

If they did people wouldn't respond with "all lives matter" - which is especially ironic considering the anti immigrant push from the same folks spewing that line. 

10 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Take the Ferguson riots for example. Instead of peacefully protesting, they demanded the police stay out of their neighborhoods, looted their neighborhood stores, set fire to cars, attacked a CNN reporter,...etc. They funny thing about that was she was caught lying about the "peaceful protest" live on TV. Then they whine when the police stop regularly patrolling and they no longer have anywhere to shop because people aren't stupid enough to open up shop there again.

Yeah Ferguson was a misstep for sure.

I get it though. People yearn to be free and whatever the root cause when you have a section of the population which is being violently crapped on on a daily basis  eventually theyre going to erupt. 

Not saying its acceptable, but understandable. I do think the BLM tactics became more organized and focused after Ferguson. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

If they did people wouldn't respond with "all lives matter" - which is especially ironic considering the anti ILLEGAL immigrant push from the same folks spewing that line. 

Folks always forget a word.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

Sorry man but that ship sailed....

Trump Administration Wants to Limit Citizenship for Legal Immigrants

The 30 Million Immigrants Trump Would Turn Away

In his campaign policy paper, Trump took a hardline position, calling for “a pause” in all legal immigration. But in public Trump rarely discussed that idea. Instead, he usually softened his grim warnings about undocumented, or illegal, immigration by praising the legal kind: “I want people coming into our country, but they have to come in legally.” Trump was never pressed to entirely reconcile those vague welcomes with his specific call to suspend all legal immigration.

not to mention the whole deporting asylum seekers thing and changing what qualifies for asylum. 

As so grandly laid out by Laura Ingraham the POTUS and his sycophants are working to Make America White Again. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sorry man but that ship sailed....

Trump Administration Wants to Limit Citizenship for Legal Immigrants

The 30 Million Immigrants Trump Would Turn Away

not to mention the whole deporting asylum seekers thing and changing what qualifies for asylum. 

As so grandly laid out by Laura Ingraham the POTUS and his sycophants are working to Make America White Again. 

It can't be an all or nothing.   I am against illegal immigration and want to secure our borders.   That doesn't mean I am against immigration.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Myles said:

It can't be an all or nothing.   I am against illegal immigration and want to secure our borders.   That doesn't mean I am against immigration.  

Oh I get it but if you're supporting Trump you are supporting the nothing option.  Thats his goal. 

IDK IMO its been pretty blatantly transparent why Trump picks the issues he chooses to create a panic about. So its almost like we're constantly having two conversations. One with folks like yourself who truly just want things to be safe, and the other with folks who are seeing the same things I am and are cheering that on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

yes merit based immigration, not color\race based.

Having a hard time believing the current regime has the physical ability to admit someone has merit if theyre from "shithole" countries. 

• Confused 1

On 8/10/2018 at 7:43 PM, Agent0range said:

I mean, there is video of hundreds of men chanting "Jews will not replace us."  Whether they are part of the klan or the Nazi party, is in my opinion irrelevant.  We know what they stand for.  No, there were not fine people on both sides.  

YAWN!!!  This happens nationwide all the time.  The KKK gets proper permits to march.  They march and chant and then their parade ends.  They’ve expressed their freedom of speech and everybody goes home happy.  To think that their racist chants do anything to garner the masses to their side is hilarious.  As long as the KKK marches peacefully, they aren’t going to change very many minds.  In fact, keeping it in the open helps to keep numbers down.  People have learned that you don’t oppose their marches.  You don’t slap a tiger on the nose.  If violence erupts, it is on purpose by their opposition, to cause anarchy.

I’m not as worried with some racist group yelling "Jews will not replace us".  That chant is toothless.  I am concerned with another racist group yelling “Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon”.  That is a far more militant and dangerous group (including its parent).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Progressives always have selective memory.  They conveniently forget adjectives that completely change the meaning.  It’s like leaving off “Anthropomorphic” from Climate Change.  Most sheeple are not aware of the term “Anthropomorphic” and Progressives can then run on confusion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh I get it but if you're supporting Trump you are supporting the nothing option.  Thats his goal. 

I think that is a poor way of seeing it.   The same could be flipped on you.   You support totally open borders and no checks.   If you support a Democrat, you must support this.    Farmer, supporting a politician does not require you to support everything they do.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think that is a poor way of seeing it.   The same could be flipped on you.   You support totally open borders and no checks.   If you support a Democrat, you must support this.    Farmer, supporting a politician does not require you to support everything they do.  

Sure it doesn't mean you are supporting it emotionally or intellectually but you are supporting it materially. 

If I voted for a democrat who say wanted to legalize marijuana but also wanted open borders I would be voting for the one cause but my vote would be supporting them both.  (I wouldn't for the record) 

My point was more to shine light on the myth that illegal immigration is the end game of this administration. 

This happen after that Portland Rally... also I found out information I never heard from the "News" agencies.

And this...

Look at the end of the second video, you can see the realization in his face what he done. And a article about it... Armed Antifa Professor Admits Chasing Charlottesville Driver

Like what the **** man! This is information that would be vital to understanding the situation that has been kept out of public eyes or just swept under the rug!

Edited by Uncle Sam

• 11 months later...
On 8/13/2018 at 2:15 PM, Myles said:

Apparently, for those who hate Trump, it is exactly what they say they believe.  No grays, all black and white.  IOW grade-school emotional level.  We've got Manwon on here STILL repeating - and believing - that Trump called ALL Mexicans rapists.  It's not only a lie, it's an intellectually LAZY lie.  

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

when didn't they?   any media article on trump should be considered a lie by default, unless proven otherwise.

One blessing of Prager's videos are that they are a short five minutes or so and studiously factual.  

• Like 1

ANTIFA SIDE -- NAZI SIDE

Protester's for removal of the statue on the Antifa side yet away from Antifa. Very fine people

Protester's against removal of the statue on the NAZI side, yet away from the Nazi's. Very fine people

Yet for the sake of continuing this argument Farmer77 will claim if you were on the Nazi side no matter how far you kept your distance - You aren't a very fine person. And I doubt he will watch this propaganda video, just to keep the lie going.

17 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

ANTIFA SIDE -- NAZI SIDE

Protester's for removal of the statue on the Antifa side yet away from Antifa. Very fine people

Protester's against removal of the statue on the NAZI side, yet away from the Nazi's. Very fine people

Yet for the sake of continuing this argument Farmer77 will claim if you were on the Nazi side no matter how far you kept your distance - You aren't a very fine person. And I doubt he will watch this propaganda video, just to keep the lie going.

antifa IS nazi.

On 8/7/2019 at 2:33 PM, South Alabam said:

ANTIFA SIDE -- NAZI SIDE

Yeah sorry if you show up to march with folks who were chanting Jews will not replace us the night before youre not a very fine person.

The nazis didnt just sneak up on them they were there very publicly declaring their presence and intentions the night before.

After seeing that people decided that supporting a statue  was worth standing with Nazis. Thats their choice for sure but dont try and spin them as very fine people.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Thanks 1

Was it Twain who remarked about a "lie going around the planet before Truth gets his boots on" ? 

Even Jake Tapper admitted that President Trump did not say neo-Nazis were 'fine people':

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/08/08/flashback-jake-tapper-admits-trump-did-not-call-neo-nazis-very-fine-people/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Amita said:

Was it Twain who remarked about a "lie going around the planet before Truth gets his boots on" ? 

Even Jake Tapper admitted that President Trump did not say neo-Nazis were 'fine people':

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/08/08/flashback-jake-tapper-admits-trump-did-not-call-neo-nazis-very-fine-people/

18 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah sorry if you show up to march with folks who were chanting Jews will not replace us the night before youre not a very fine person.

The nazis didnt just sneak up on them they were there very publicly declaring their presence and intentions the night before.

After seeing that people decided that supporting a statue  was worth standing with Nazis. Thats their choice for sure but dont try and spin them as very fine people.