Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Mandela Effect real

andoniogonde320

Some laugh mandela effect off as a joke, but there are many think this is indeed a big thing. And there are some real life examples, like the where the thinker statue puts his fist, a lot of ppl remember it was on the forehead but now it is under his chin, also another freaky example is Ed Mcmahon, the guy who was giving big checks from publishers clearing house, but the agency says on its website now that they never hired him. Come on he was on TV so much and everyone remembers this, could this be a mandela effect as well? 

(3:52) They were talking about Ed Mcmahon. 

Max Tegmark is at the frontier of the reaseach into parallel universes, and he has never entertained the idea of the Madela effect.
In fact only amateurs, youtubers and the latter season of The X-files has.

I think it's quite safe to assume that it's imagined. Deriving from normal faulty memory.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

The Mandela Effect :- because it's hard to admit you're wrong.

Could be true or wrong, but if so many people collectively remember things the same way then there might be something happening> 

2 minutes ago, andoniogonde320 said:

Could be true or wrong, but if so many people collectively remember things the same way then there might be something happening> 

Mass delusion is also quite normal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, andoniogonde320 said:

They remembered or assumed? The heart being on the left side is a perfect example. The heart being tilted to the left leads many people to incorrectly believe the heart is on the left hand side, when only about 2/3rds are actually on the left.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, andoniogonde320 said:

Memory is far from perfect and changes all the time. A simple explanation for a non-existent phenomena. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

They remembered or assumed? The heart being on the left side is a perfect example. The heart being tilted to the left leads many people to incorrectly believe the heart is on the left hand side, when only about 2/3rds are actually on the left.

I, for example, have no heart. Or maybe only the black, shrunken remnants of one.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, seanjo said:

I had it for breakfast...sorry.

Took a liking to bushmeat ?

• Haha 1

It's proof time travel is possible and does exist, a top secret US?/South African collaborated governments effort to ensure time and space is in correct order, esp. Nelson Mandela will benefit these countries and the whole world? Time travel is dangerous, because you can change the course of history and will have more unwanted, unexpected negative outcomes. Like to prevent Adolf Hitler from being born to prevent WW2 and the Holocaust, but what about Josef Stalin and the USSR/Soviet Russians could take over the world?

Is Mandela Effect real

I believe the Mandela Effect is real. Some personal ones I subscribe to; Berenstein Bears/Berenstain Bears; the location of South America on a globe; Flintstones/Flinstones; Froot/Fruit Loops

I had perhaps the most paranormal experience of my life while on the forum Reddit in regards to the Flintstones/Flinstones flip-flop (where the spelling flips multiple times). I documented it within the hour it happened:

On Aug 2, 2017 at about 16:40 EST, I was on reddit discussing the Flinstones/Flintstones flip on another thread. My position was that it is and always was the Flintstones. The guy sent me a reply saying at the time it was the Flinstones you could look at Wikipedia, and all official TV show and vitamin sites and it was always Flintstones; he used the word Flintstones in all four examples given.

I said 'I Know' you are confirming my point that it was always Flintstones.

Then when I was done with my reply and I looked up at his original post and all four 'Flintstones' had changed on my static display to 'Flinstones'. Did I just see it wrong?? I looked away and came back and it was 'Flintstones' again. I would just look away, blink, change my focus looked back and it would flip again. I was able to do this 6 or 7 times in under five minutes each time looking slowly and cautiously for this controversial 't' IN ALL FOUR PLACES. Impossible to me that I made a mistake slowly and cautiously each time. I felt something was trying to wake me up.

My thought: We assume there is one hard-fixed reality that we only observe. I am thinking reality is ultimately, ultimately consciousness created and at our level of consciousness the 'one hard fixed reality' model works fine. But the sometimes glitch....????

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don’t believe in the Mandela Effect. I think people are not remembering things correctly.

The Berenstain Bears have always been that, it’s the authors last name.

Flintstone makes sense because flint is a rock. The names all kinda had a type of rock in it. Rubble, Mr. Slate, Pebbles, etc.. I think people just sing the theme without pronouncing the T.

The Thinkers hand hasn’t moved.

Statue of Liberty was always on liberty island. If your school taught you something different, they’re wrong.

Sinbad never played a genie.

• Thanks 3

I normally don’t bother with this side of woo, but man there are many of these that are remembered differently totally changed today. 

Just as an example, anyone remember what Snow White’s evil step Mom said to her mirror just before it talked to her? Don’t look it up, just say it how you remember it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

I don’t believe in the Mandela Effect. I think people are not remembering things correctly.

The Berenstain Bears have always been that, it’s the authors last name.

Flintstone makes sense because flint is a rock. The names all kinda had a type of rock in it. Rubble, Mr. Slate, Pebbles, etc.. I think people just sing the theme without pronouncing the T.

The Thinkers hand hasn’t moved.

Statue of Liberty was always on liberty island. If your school taught you something different, they’re wrong.

Sinbad never played a genie.

I had the whole damn collection of the Bernstein bears when I was a kid. It was never Bernstain.  

If you look it up, they say it isn’t fintstone at all. It is and has always been flinstone. I remember clearly it being flintstone though. 

I also clearly remember Sinbad playing a genie. 

Now if I was the only one saying these things, I could see how I guess I remembered them all incorrectly. But there are many of us 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I normally don’t bother with this side of woo, but man there are many of these that are remembered differently totally changed today. 

Just as an example, anyone remember what Snow White’s evil step Mom said to her mirror just before it talked to her? Don’t look it up, just say it how you remember it.

A good example of how false memory syndrome memes work.

It's a popular phrase much used in other places ever since.  Hence, everyone "knows" what she says, even though most (like me) have never seen the Disney film ..... and even if they have seen it, their memories have been over-written by what they have since heard was said ;)    

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Essan said:

A good example of how false memory syndrome memes work.

It's a popular phrase much used in other places ever since.  Hence, everyone "knows" what she says, even though most (like me) have never seen the Disney film ..... and even if they have seen it, their memories have been over-written by what they have since heard was said ;)    

But why? When I first heard the Snow White one I asked everyone I knew who was old enough to remember the original. Every single one of them remembered it the way I did with out fail. I never spoke about it with anyone over the years. There is no way for a false memory to have been planted.

• Thanks 1

For those in their 40's and up, who grew up in America, would it surprise you to find out Ed McMahon never worked for publishers clearing house?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

For those in their 40's and up, who grew up in America, would it surprise you to find out Ed McMahon never worked for publishers clearing house?

Say What? 

23 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Say What? 

Yep. Never once walked up to a house with a giant check. Not once, according to todays memory. Forbes even did a article on it telling us how we were confused cause he worked for some other publisher who also did commercials. There was never any big check though.

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

But why? When I first heard the Snow White one I asked everyone I knew who was old enough to remember the original. Every single one of them remembered it the way I did with out fail. I never spoke about it with anyone over the years. There is no way for a false memory to have been planted.

I have never seen the film.  But I have always "known" what she said - because it - or something very similar - has been 100s of times in other places, pantomimes, comics, TV sketches, etc over the years.  And what we remember are them, not the original.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, godnodog said:

Go tell south africans if Mandela wasnt real?

It’s not they don’t believe he was real, the term mandela effect comes from people actually believing he died in prison years before he actually died.

12 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Yep. Never once walked up to a house with a giant check. Not once, according to todays memory. Forbes even did a article on it telling us how we were confused cause he worked for some other publisher who also did commercials. There was never any big check though.

I back you up on this one Preacherman. Everybody remembers it. As evidence just look at about the one minute mark of Johnny Carson on the David Letterman show on the video link below. The big check was a known gag at the time. And it says 'Publishers Clearing House' on it too. And the gag is all about Ed McMahon. 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ed+mcmahon+publishers+clearing+house&&view=detail&mid=210E52146772BD3D111A210E52146772BD3D111A&&FORM=VRDGAR

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2

Memory is not as good as one thinks.

• Like 1