Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Mandela Effect real

andoniogonde320

On 8/15/2018 at 12:30 PM, papageorge1 said:

I tested the old Papameter and it seems to be functioning normally. On this particular subject I had a personal experience (posted earlier in thread) so it is more than measuring others' BS.

You should call up Coast to Coast AM during open lines. Tell George you remember an alternate reality where Imperial Japan, and Nazi Germany ruled the world in a joint effort. Be prepared to make up additional details. When in the following weeks people call in to report the same thing, then you'll know the M.E. is real.

Btw: My spellchecker recognizes "Flintstones".

8 hours ago, Hello Davros Kitty said:

You should call up Coast to Coast AM during open lines. Tell George you remember an alternate reality where Imperial Japan, and Nazi Germany ruled the world in a joint effort. Be prepared to make up additional details. When in the following weeks people call in to report the same thing, then you'll know the M.E. is real.

Nope, I won't make that call to George.  I am only interested in being honest with everyone. I do not have those memories.

8 hours ago, Hello Davros Kitty said:

Btw: My spellchecker recognizes "Flintstones".

So does everybody's. Your point?

i thought ed mcmahon was a spokesman for, i think it was called, "American Family Publishers," which went out of business some years ago. 

Even if it was true... why should anyone care about subtle differences in spelling? 

Show me something worth while. 

Kids books and movie crap don’t impress me.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2018 at 11:12 AM, papageorge1 said:

Nope, I won't make that call to George.  I am only interested in being honest with everyone. I do not have those memories.

Just think that if nobody made up "Black Eyed Children", we wouldn't have these stories by other people of BEC.

On 8/19/2018 at 11:12 AM, papageorge1 said:

So does everybody's. Your point?

A case of autocorrect becomes a story of ME.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hello Davros Kitty said:

Just think that if nobody made up "Black Eyed Children", we wouldn't have these stories by other people of BEC.

??? Unless there really are Black Eyed Children. And I think there are.

14 minutes ago, Hello Davros Kitty said:

A case of autocorrect becomes a story of ME.

This either makes no sense or you don't understand what the Mandela Effect is claiming.

Why? Why? Why do I waste my time with these types?

36 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

??? Unless there really are Black Eyed Children. And I think there are.

I know you're willing to believe anything.

This either makes no sense or you don't understand what the Mandela Effect is claiming.

I know what the claim is, and what people are doing.

Why? Why? Why do I waste my time with these types?

Why believe anything?

I remember, around 2010, I think, The World of Wicker shop in Bolton town centre being burnt down in a fire. It was just a gutted shell, with no roof anymore and just rubble within what remained of the outer walls. It was a major news story in the town. I walked past the remains of the building many times and, after several months, the ruins within the walls had become overgrown with weeds. I then remember JCBs coming in to finally pull down the walls. And that was the end of the matter - until just a few months ago. One night after work (I finish at 10pm) I passed that area on foot (weirdly, I can't remember how long it had been since the last time I had been there before that night). All of a sudden, whilst walking, I saw a building where the World of Wicker once stood. So I thought it must be a new building. But as I approached it I saw, to my amazement, that it IS the World of Wicker. But not a new one. The building looks old with old bricks. It's just like how I remember the World of Wicker used to be - although I equally remember it being burnt to the ground. There's also no mention of the World of Wicker fire anywhere online, such as on The Bolton News website.

• Like 1

Are people _really_ in love with the Mandela Effect, or are they just in love with obscure, irrelevant details? It's nothing to be ashamed of, in fact it's _good._I'd much rather read a book about discrepancies in peoples memories of childhood films than, say, a book of Caitlin Moran's cobbled-together articles about being a zany housewife, or the latest sh by Alexander McCall Smith, or the latest Police Precedural dross.

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 2:21 AM, papageorge1 said:

Here I something I posted in another forum. 

Today I was sitting on my armchair gazing at my globe in the distance and I noticed South America is way too far eastward from where I always knew it to be. I live in Detroit and the entire continent of South America is now east of me. I just feel strongly that this was not the case from my childhood memories (I have always liked globes and maps).

Then you should be aware that maps aren't all the same or to scale.

Maps are a very poor example given problems like the mapmakers dilemma.

1 hour ago, Rlyeh said:

Then you should be aware that maps aren't all the same or to scale.

Maps are a very poor example given problems like the mapmakers dilemma.

I was comparing globe to globe so the mapmaker's dilemma doesn't explain my case.

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I was comparing globe to globe so the mapmaker's dilemma doesn't explain my case.

Buy better globes. :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You were comparing your memory to a globe.

2 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Buy better globes. :rolleyes:

Make better easy 'explain aways'.:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

You were comparing your memory to a globe.

The Mandela Effect IS primarily about memories, yes. Proponents feel some cases can not be adequately explained away as 'normal' memory errors.

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The Mandela Effect IS primarily about memories, yes. Proponents feel some cases can not be adequately explained away as 'normal' memory errors.

Can't admit being wrong.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Can't admit being wrong.

I can admit being wrong on a lot of things including my memory being inaccurate on many things. A few things in my judgment truly can not be explained away that easily (like the 'Berenstein Bears'). I believe this is another genuine mystery that can not be adequately explained (IMO) in our simple conception of reality.

Edited by papageorge1

3 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Can't admit being wrong.

Are you saying that some people can't admit that they are fallible ?

Koala can't believe it - no way

• 3 months later...

My theory is that Mandela actually did die in prison & a body double took his place. Has President Mandela's DNA ever been tested against any of Mandela's known relatives?

As for other instances like Sinbad & the movie Shazam it's understandable that children of the 90's would get Shaq's Kazaam mixed up with something Sinbad did since he was pretty prevalent throughout the 90's.

I really don't think there's anything to The Mandela Effect, although I really wouldn't find it odd that people actually are switching realities with other versions of themselves from parallel realities without either really even noticing other than minor differences but I'm not really ready to take it that far.

4 hours ago, Kid_Marx said:

My theory is that Mandela actually did die in prison & a body double took his place. Has President Mandela's DNA ever been tested against any of Mandela's known relatives?

Are there any particular reason why you feel the need to tarnish the legacy of a great man like Nelson Mandela ? 

Even in prison he was a very well known person and when he got out his family and friends would surely have noticed that it wasn't him, don't you think ?

16 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Are there any particular reason why you feel the need to tarnish the legacy of a great man like Nelson Mandela ? 

Even in prison he was a very well known person and when he got out his family and friends would surely have noticed that it wasn't him, don't you think ?

I'm not trying to tarnish his legacy. It's like if Bruce Wayne died, someone has to take up the mantle of Batman, Gotham needs a Batman just like the world needed a Nelson Mandela so someone took up the mantle.

Yes I do think so but again the world needed Nelson Mandela so they kept quiet for the greater good "theoretically".

• 6 months later...
On 8/10/2018 at 1:36 PM, andoniogonde320 said:

Could be true or wrong, but if so many people collectively remember things the same way then there might be something happening> 

The problem is they don't collectively remember something the same way, they don't remember until someone mentions it and then they mis-remember.  Example - the Berenstain Bears, the authors name has always been BerinstAin.  Someone was telling me about some youtube videos that proves the mandalla effect is not real, haven't seen the videos but the examples I have heard about are just poor memory or misread words, habits like reading the first letter and last letter and filling in the blank with expectations, like Berenstein because that has been heard a lot or is more common.

• Like 3