Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Mandela Effect real

andoniogonde320

AND why would the sculptor sculpt the thinker with his hand on his head instead of his chin?  That doesn't even make sense.

On 8/11/2018 at 5:53 AM, Essan said:

It's a popular phrase much used in other places ever since.  Hence, everyone "knows" what she says, even though most (like me) have never seen the Disney film ..... and even if they have seen it, their memories have been over-written by what they have since heard was said ;)    

I think this encapsulates the "effect" quite well.  Now, expose that individual's memory to the memories of hundreds, thousands or millions by way of surfing the net daily and voila', subtle but constant, ongoing changes are made.

• Like 1

I fell for the Mandela Effect a few years ago but found it was either chalked up to bad memory or could be explained. For example

Jif/Jiffy: There is Jif Peanut Butter, Jiffy Popcorn and Jiffy Cornbread mix.

Henry the Eighth Portrait: It's clear he is holding a pair of gloves. It's easy one can mistake it for a turkey leg based on the color and angle in which he is holding the gloves.

50/51 states: This one is misunderstood by the fact Washington DC often gets characterized as a state when its an area within Maryland/Baltimore. It's just like how the Vatican is considered a city within the city of Rome.  

• Thanks 1