Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If you were running for Congress

Grandpa Greenman

If you were running for Congress in 2018 what would be your platform?  What issues would you use in your campaign?  Why should we vote for you? 

• Like 3

“I am not yet a lying self-serving b****** who hides his millions in the Cayman Islands!”

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I would run in another part of the county.

All they would see with me running would be a Half Cuban half Israel Jew.

Would never fly in South Eastern Kentucky.

• Like 1

Quality of life would be my campaign platform. 

Wages, affordable health care, kindness, marijuana legalization to balance the budget and the preservation of civil rights. 

You should vote for me because after a crazy and violent youth (cuz ya know they'll dig that **** up) ive spent the majority of my life serving the public using my real world experiences to help better those around me. 

• Like 3

Strong Constitutionalist Independent With Right Leaning
Open Minded When it Comes to Solutions (Flexible)

Domestic Issues:

• Revitalizing Our Forgotten Towns (Stop Decay)
  • Repave All Roads In Oklahoma (Fix Infrastructures, More Jobs)
  • Encourage Business To Move Here (More Jobs)
  • Better Spending And Budgeting In State (Stop Over budgets and Delays)

State Elections:

• Make It Vital to Have Voter I.D. to Prove Your a Citizens (Don't Want Foreign Interference In Elections)
  • Only Legal Immigrants Who Been Here For More Than 7 Years Can Vote (Precaution From Foreign Interference)

Immigration:

• Campaign In Congress To Streamline Our Immigration System For Legal Immigrants (No More Excuses About It Being Hard)
  • Encourage Foreign Transfer Students in Our College to Legally Immigrate to Oklahoma! (No Overstay Visas, Become a Citizen)
  • Discourage Any Illegal Immigrants From Coming to OKlahoma (Oklahoma Citizens Come First)

Schooling:

• Increase Funding in Schools, Get Better Text Books That Do Not Have an Bias Slant (I Want to Give the Tools for Students to Succeed, Not Create Sheeps For Politicians)
  • Encourage Important Figures to Come To Our Schools, Regardless What Political Ideology They Are From (Better Them to Be Exposed to Diversity of Ideas Than to be Closed To No New Ideas)
  • I Want Our State's Colleges to Get A Major Overhaul, Implant the Best Teaching Methods If I Can For Our Students (No More Political Slants)

Only way to crush bad ideas is to give them a platform, they will crush themselves with their terrible ideas. My platform would only change if there is new issues to handle or if my ideas prove to be unfruitful, I will look for another way to fix issue. I am willing to be flexible when it comes to solutions to fixing our state. That is how I would be if I was running...

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 2

Abolishing parties in favor of a meritocracy and setting term limits to a maximum of 2 terms in any office with lots a fine print about not being able to extend the length of a single term.

7 hours ago, blackstarraven said:

I would run in another part of the county.

All they would see with me running would be a Half Cuban half Israel Jew.

Would never fly in South Eastern Kentucky.

If you find your ethnicity too important to not talk about then yea you’d better move to nyc or so-cal. Might I suggest just being plain American with some ideals instead?

Just now, F3SS said:

If you find your ethnicity too important to not talk about then yea you’d better move to nyc or so-cal.?

lol, nyc? i do not think so, you need to be corrupted\connected to the core to make it here as a politician, ethnicity, color are irrelevant here, only money and connections, which is what real politic is.

Wow, thank y'all for responding.   Here are mine.

!.  Expand medicare to everybody.  

2. Legalize weed, use the tax to upgrade the education system.

3. Cut back on military spending. They don't need all those toys, put more money into the troops.  Stop policing the world, use troops to help out with natural disasters. Drop food not bombs. (Got to help Puerto Rico to get back on their feet.) 

4. Stop supporting countries with despots, theocracies, etc.  

5. Work with science to prepare for climate change and protect the environment.  Expand green energy resources. Right now in Florida we are in the midst of an ecological disaster. We got to clean up Lake Okeechobee and try to restore it's natural flow.  Make sure everybody has safe clean water coming out of their tap.

6. Upgrade the infrastructure, put Americans to work doing it. 

Edited by Grandpa Greenman
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Hello Davros Kitty said:

Get everyone free artificial turf.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AstroTurf

I do mean everyone.

No artificial turf for me, thinks. I like my weedy yard and so do the butterflies and the bees. 

On 8/10/2018 at 3:57 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

“I am not yet a lying self-serving b****** who hides his millions in the Cayman Islands!”

Lol at the use of the word "yet."

I'd never be running for Congress because it's too cutthroat and I'm too nice.

Just now, Grandpa Greenman said:

Wow, thank y'all for responding.   Here are mine.

!.  Expand medicare to everybody.  

2. Legalize weed, use the tax to upgrade the education system.

3. Cut back on military spending. They don't need all those toys, put more money into the troops.  Stop policing the world, use troops to help out with natural disasters. Drop food not bombs. (Got to help Puerto Rico to get back on their feet.) 

4. Stop supporting countries with despots, theocracies, etc.  

5. Work with science to prepare for climate change and protect the environment.  Expand green energy resources. Right now in Florida we are in the midst of an ecological disaster. We got to clean up Lake Okeechobee and try to restore it's natural flow.  Make sure everybody has safe clean water coming out of their tap.

6. Upgrade the infrastructure, put Americans to work doing it. 

1 on whose dime? will my taxes go 100%,or 300% up?

2 no argument

3 we drop food as well,lots of it,  and you know what happens, local warlords keep it.  so unless we eliminate them it does not do much good, but wait you said no world policing, and no military spending, see the conflict?

4 no arguments here

5 if you mean use fields that we can grow food on to station solar panels, that have horrible efficiency, than it is a step backwards. SP may be enough to charge your cell phones, and get tax rebates but not power cities, windmills are harmful to environment, the same one you trying to protect. you might want to learn inconvenient facts behind "green" energy

6 no arguments.

I forgot one.

7. End Citizens United, make a more level playing field.  Everybody get one vote, so limit the size of campaign contributions, limit it to individual rather than big companies. Do away with the electoral college, go with popular vote.   

• Thanks 1

I forgot one.

7. End Citizens United, make a more level playing field.  Everybody get one vote, so limit the size of campaign contributions, limit it to individual rather than big companies. Do away with the electoral college, go with popular vote.   

then why end citizens united? it is basically stands for what you just said,  but i think I know why, they are conservative, not liberals, would they be liberals you'd praise them.

if we do away with EC new york  and California will be deciding election. FF saw  better what will happen 200+ years in the future than you living in it.

Edited by aztek

On 8/14/2018 at 9:14 AM, Farmer77 said:

Quality of life would be my campaign platform. 

Wages, affordable health care, kindness, marijuana legalization to balance the budget and the preservation of civil rights. 

I've got your slogan: Make America Great Like Canada!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

how about Canada just open borders for any American who does not like USA? give them free housing, give them universal income, no question asked, no background checked. will be win win for both, Canada will have all those who hate USA, and we in USA will make our country great to live in for those who contribute.

Edited by aztek

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

1 on whose dime? will my taxes go 100%,or 300% up?   

You don't pay for insurance now?  Do away with the middleman,  who is making huge profits and giving out as little real care as they can.  You might end up paying less and getting more out of it. Also give employers a break, they won't have to supply insurance. Make it easier for people to change jobs. 

2 no argument

3 we drop food as well,lots of it,  and you know what happens, local warlords keep it.  so unless we eliminate them it does not do much good, but wait you said no world policing, and no military spending, see the conflict?  

True that, but what good did it do going into Vietnam, Iran, Afghanistan they are all pretty much in the same shape as when we went in.  These folks got to fix their own governments, it is not up to us. 

4 no arguments here

5 if you mean use fields that we can grow food on to station solar panels, that have horrible efficiency, than it is a step backwards. SP may be enough to charge your cell phones, and get tax rebates but not power cities, windmills are harmful to environment, the same one you trying to protect. you might want to learn inconvenient facts behind "green" energy

Notice I said use science.  You put solar panels on top of people houses, business, in roads. There are lots of other options out there. I'll put in Piney as my energy zar. ;) 

6 no arguments.

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

how about Canada just open borders for any American who does not like USA? give them free housing, give them universal income, no question asked, no background checked. will be win win for both, Canada will have all those who hate USA, and we in USA will make our country great to live in for those who contribute.

Whoa whoa...let's pump the brakes here. We are taxed enough as it is and there are a lot more programs to be funded in the near future. Our Liberal Gov just axed a very big pipeline project so we are back on expensive Saudi oil - gas prices are ridiculous. Plus, now we have to pay carbon tax on top of that. Sorry Americans but we appreciate good border control here.

• Haha 1

True that, but what good did it do going into Vietnam, Iran, Afghanistan they are all pretty much in the same shape as when we went in.  These folks got to fix their own governments, it is not up to us. 

well, there are always 2 sides of the coin, if we are not there, they will be here, there is absolutely no doubt, if we were not able to project our power someone would project theirs on us, entire human history is my source.

• Like 1

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

Whoa whoa...let's pump the brakes here. We are taxed enough as it is and there are a lot more programs to be funded in the near future. Our Liberal Gov just axed a very big pipeline project so we are back on expensive Saudi oil - gas prices are ridiculous. Plus, now we have to pay carbon tax on top of that. Sorry Americans but we appreciate good border control here.

lol, i know i was just making a point, of course you wont do that. apparently not everyone of your countryman as good in seeing reality as you are.

Edited by aztek

17 minutes ago, aztek said:

then why end citizens united? it is basically stands for what you just said,  but i think I know why, they are conservative, not liberals, would they be liberals you'd praise them.

if we do away with EC new york  and California will be deciding election. FF saw  better what will happen 200+ years in the future than you living in it.

This is why.

In a nutshell, the high court’s 5-4 decision said that it is OK for corporations and labor unions to spend as much as they want to convince people to vote for or against a candidate.  https://www.publicintegrity.org/2012/10/18/11527/citizens-united-decision-and-why-it-matters

Cut down on those  campaign ads. I think we can shorten the time candidates can actively run for office, too.  

11 minutes ago, aztek said:

But I thought you hated the USA.

You don't pay for insurance now?  Do away with the middleman,  who is making huge profits and giving out as little real care as they can.  You might end up paying less and getting more out of it. Also give employers a break, they won't have to supply insurance. Make it easier for people to change jobs. 

well it looks great on paper, right, now tell me what you'd do to cut  hundreds of billions in profits that medical cartel makes, including hospitals, doctors compensation, big pharma...etc, they have more power than any gvmt,  no way they wouyld let you just take that.

the biggest selling point a senator would have is seeing reality as it is  gray, not black  and white, i do not see it yet from you.