Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Maxine Waters Under Investigation By FEC

Uncle Sam

Well before her current political fame, though, she mastered this somewhat-rare form of fundraising in slate mailers. California’s top politicians as well as local office-seekers have given far in excess of legal contribution limits to her campaign to be on her slate of endorsed candidates. The campaign then pays Karen Waters and other firms to produce, print and mail the sample ballots. The FEC approved the practice by Waters in 2004.

FEC Maxine Waters 750K Wire Fraud

Well blow me down and call me Shirley. I saw this coming from a miles and miles away.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This doesn't seem politically motivated at all.

I suppose it's an attempt to combat the GOP politicians who were recently charged with actual crimes. Was it 2 or 3 of them hit on the same day? 

• Like 1

All together now... THEY RAY SUS against Auntie Maxine!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

From the article:

On Thursday, a Democrat who is the second-highest-ranking elected official in Dallas pled guilty to taking over $450,000 in kickbacks and bribes.

U.S. Attorney Erin Nealy Cox announced that Dwaine Caraway, Dallas city council member and mayor pro tem, received funds “in the form of a phony consulting agreement, luxury suits, fully funded trips, gambling money, repayment of personal debt, checks and cash” from businessman Robert Leonard.

Caraway reportedly supported “key votes to promote and continue” a program putting cameras on school buses; that program was connected to Leonard, who owned the stop-arm camera company that took millions from the Dallas County Schools, as the Dallas Morning News reported. Cox also stated that Leonard pled guilty to conspiracy to commit honest services wire fraud.

Well that's nice...

• Like 3

i remember how they were pushing for those cameras here, few years back, so far i have not seen a single bus equipped with such device in nyc,  to be honest i do not think it is a bad idea in general. the details however scream corruption.

Edited by aztek

14 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

From the article:

Well that's nice...

I would like to see all these crooks gone.  No matter if they are left or right. 

• Like 3

Just now, Ashotep said:

I would like to see all these crooks gone.  No matter if they are left or right. 

me too, however honesty and politics do not mix, there aren't many none crooks there if at all.

• Like 2

One thing I learned in life. Those who scream the loudest about someone doing something, are usually doing it themselves. 

• Like 1

Just now, Uncle Sam said:

One thing I learned in life. Those who scream the loudest about someone doing something, are usually doing it themselves. 

Please do go to https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump and count how many times Trump accuses someone of being corrupt or working with Russia 

21 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

Politics is the rich doing favors for the rich. It infests every level from the local up to the Federal. There is no way to root out all the corruption now other than wiping the entire slate clean. It's been going on for so long it's actually become a part of the system. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aztek said:

lmao, you just proved his point, one only has to read your posts from last 2 years.,

You caught me. The DOJ has an active investigation going into my working with hostile nations, money laundering and obstruction of justice, THAT's why I scream and yell about Trump's behavior :tu:

Oh hey I also have some oceanfront property you may be interested in! 

YourNewsWire (styled as YourNewsWire.com[1]) is a Los Angeles-based clickbait fake news website known for disseminating conspiracy theories and misleading information, contrary to its claimed motto (“News. Truth. Unfiltered”).[1

]https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/YourNewsWire

• Thanks 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

You caught me. The DOJ has an active investigation going into my working with hostile nations, money laundering and obstruction of justice, THAT's why I scream and yell about Trump's behavior :tu:

Oh hey I also have some oceanfront property you may be interested in! 

no but you call racists everyone who does not agree with you  that trump pure evil. you talking a lot about hate, but it comes from you

Just now, aztek said:

no but you call racists everyone who does not agree with you  that trump pure evil. you talking a lot about hate, but it comes from you

No I most definitely do not do that. Thanks for playing though! 

• Confused 1

On 8/13/2018 at 2:36 PM, aztek said:

me too, however honesty and politics do not mix, there aren't many none crooks there if at all.

Not many but there are a few honest people there.  Doubt any of them that are there for life are.  Term limits are needed.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2018 at 2:40 PM, Dark_Grey said:

Politics is the rich doing favors for the rich. It infests every level from the local up to the Federal. There is no way to root out all the corruption now other than wiping the entire slate clean. It's been going on for so long it's actually become a part of the system. 

Reason I am for term limits and banning politicians from ever being lobbyists.  Probably wouldn't cure the problem but it would help.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ashotep said:

Not many but there are a few honest people there.  Doubt any of them that are there for life are.  Term limits are needed.

not just that it should not be a privilege\become special class, but a short one time duty with real consequences for doing it wrong, i bet we wont see any crook\profiteer run if that happens.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

Reason I am for term limits and banning politicians from ever being lobbyists.  Probably wouldn't cure the problem but it would help.

The crossover between big business and big Gov is also pretty crazy. Guys going from Monsanto to the FDA, etc

• Like 2