Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
The Caspian Hare

Indian lawmaker dons Hitler costume at work

The Caspian Hare

https://www.dw.com/en/indian-lawmaker-appears-in-parliament-dressed-as-hitler/a-45042557

An Indian lawmaker appeared in parliament dressed like Adolf Hitler to demand more funds for the development of his state of Andhra Pradesh in southern India.

Naramalli Sivaprasad, a former actor, also raised his hand in a Nazi salute for the media. But his stunt did not seem to bother fellow lawmakers, who seemed rather amused and entertained.

The 67-year-old has is known to don costumes of famous figures, including Hindu god Rama, to raise political causes. He has also previously dressed as a farmer, a cattle herder, a Muslim cleric and a woman.

• Haha 1

Wickian

Considering people dress up like pirates and other murderers for Halloween and no one says a word about it despite the things they actually did, I think enough time has passed that dressing up as Hitler(in sense of a costume and not actual behavior imitation) should be given a pass as well.  I don't think it will ever happen, but I can dream of a world without hypocrisy and double standards.

I guess I should edit to say it's good that his joke was well received so maybe there is hope.  If he did it here he would be crucified by the media.

Edited by Wickian
  • Confused 1