Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3 knocks, 3 nights...

UM-Bot

By: M | Location: San Fernando Valley, CA

Opinions or theories or explanations anyone? 

A little over two years ago my mom, son, and I moved into my brothers rental house. From the beginning it always felt a little off to me. Like the cliched "I felt like I wasn't alone" thing. It started off with me seeing black shadows out of the corner of my eyes when I'd walk by different rooms. 

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112108/3-knocks-3-nights

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like you have demonic activity. Knocking in three’s to mock the holy Trinity. I don’t know if you are spiritual or religious!? I consider myself a Bible believer and not a Christian per se, and when I rebuke something like that in the name of Jesus Christ, it always disappears and stops bothering me. 

They sure love to annoy us! 

• Like 2

3 knocks has nothing to do with relgion. But different ethnic backgrounds

• 4 weeks later...

I run a paranormal podcast called Snipe Hunt: Frightening Folklore. I am looking for stories to include in  a series called Real Encounters (working title) and I was wondering if I could get your permission to read your story in the podcast?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Legendarren said:

I run a paranormal podcast called Snipe Hunt: Frightening Folklore. I am looking for stories to include in  a series called Real Encounters (working title) and I was wondering if I could get your permission to read your story in the podcast?

If you really want something interesting for a podcast. You should investigate stories about Jack in the Latern encounters from Country Kerry, Ireland, in particular around Portmagee and Valencia Island. I've heard at least four generations of these stories. Many people have had sightings or encountered it.

Issue is I'm a physicist, and generally skeptical about stuff, so I don't know if these stories are just drunken memories or something else. However the amount of stories from different people is alarming. These go back well before the invention of the flying machines we have now and what's interesting is I've never heard anything like these stories anywhere else, so it's a localised phenomenon. Personally I think people are making up stuff, but a proper investigation would be interesting. Even if only the stories are heard and recorded.

1 hour ago, danydandan said:

If you really want something interesting for a podcast. You should investigate stories about Jack in the Latern encounters from Country Kerry, Ireland, in particular around Portmagee and Valencia Island. I've heard at least four generations of these stories. Many people have had sightings or encountered it.

Issue is I'm a physicist, and generally skeptical about stuff, so I don't know if these stories are just drunken memories or something else. However the amount of stories from different people is alarming. These go back well before the invention of the flying machines we have now and what's interesting is I've never heard anything like these stories anywhere else, so it's a localised phenomenon. Personally I think people are making up stuff, but a proper investigation would be interesting. Even if only the stories are heard and recorded.

Thanks for the topic suggestion! I'll definitely look into it.

• 3 months later...

Sorry I finally found this site again it took le forever! You are more than welcome to if you are still interested...and I have 6 or 7 other terrifying experiences as well