Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Robot could search Mars for alien organisms

UM-Bot

I like this plan. If we wait to send manned efforts it will be a lot longer and perhaps rash. Sending a robot meanwhile which also has sensors to report radiation and daily ranges might make the difference for a manned effort afterwards, besides finding something interesting which might refine that plan more.

JMO.

If such a mission was to actually find something, it would be a discovery of monumental proportions.

If we do discover life it will be by taking small careful steps, as NASA is mandated NOT to land in areas that show a high probability of life for fear of us contaminating said area. In other words they will not land on green pastures and lakes.

• Like 1

I do hope they do not spend billions looking for alien life forms and find it most in here would take to there bed a cry i would hate for Nasa to burst there bubble.

If NASA is going looking then there is a very big chance they know more than they are saying or there would be no money spending on looking for a no hope project and one that is  looking for alien life forms

2 hours ago, johncbdg said:

I do hope they do not spend billions looking for alien life forms and find it most in here would take to there bed a cry i would hate for Nasa to burst there bubble.

If NASA is going looking then there is a very big chance they know more than they are saying or there would be no money spending on looking for a no hope project and one that is  looking for alien life forms

I don't think many people would be upset. The chance of us finding microbial life outside of Earth has had increased support over the last 20 years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Trelane said:

I don't think many people would be upset. The chance of us finding microbial life outside of Earth has had increased support over the last 20 years.

I always thought that ever one new there was life out there and took as the  norm are you telling me there where people out there and still are saying earth was the only place with life on it is that what you are saying.

PS you are winding us up eh.

Robot asks likely looking moving blob, "Are you an alien organism"? It replies, "I'm not an alien, you are."

Edited by UFOwatcher
Formatting