Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am I experiencing someone else's memories?

sleepyowl

Hi. This is my first time using this forum, so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong category or if I'm doing something wrong. But recently something strange has been happening to me and I don't even know what it is. It's becoming increasingly concerning and I need some answers. I'm not sure what's happening or what could be causing this.

To preface, I don't even know how to explain this correctly. I can't even explain much of it to myself. But for the past year or so I've been experiencing what I can only describe as feelings, memories, or maybe visions? I don't know. But small things in my life will give me this sort of feeling of reminiscing but in a bad way. Little things like flat neon colors, plastic food, and clear blue skies with no clouds make me feel extremely anxious and uncomfortable. I already have multiple anxiety and panic disorders and this feeling isn't exactly helping with that. Sometimes I'll even have dreams about this world/place/life/vibe/feeling and they're typically the exact same, involving the things I mentioned before that make me anxious. A white room, nothing on the walls, a white table, and a plastic neon red/green/blue chair that's almost like a barstool with a rounded seat. On the table there's a bowl of fruit. Sometimes I'm sitting in the chair. In front of the table there's a window, but it's not even a window. It doesn't have glass, and all that you can see from it is a fake-looking clear blue sky and sometimes some fake-looking palm trees. Occasionally there is a square television on a stand with only static playing.

Now, as someone with traumatic memories, I originally dismissed this as a repressed memory coming back to me. But the more I experience this feeling, I've started to think this isn't the case. A big sort of "trigger" for this is palm trees, and I've lived in midwestern America for my whole life. Not to mention the feeling I get is like none I have ever experienced.

I've also been experiencing migraines my whole life, a few years ago they went away but ever since this started I've been getting them again. I'm not sure if that's relevant, but I feel it's worth mentioning.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me figure out what this is, and I'd like to know if anyone else has had something like this happen to them before. 

Welcome to UM :) 

What does your therapist have to say about it? My first impression is that your anxieties may be manifesting in a different way and he/she might be able to shed more light on this for you.

I'm a believer in supernatural things but your stuff sounds like you've been put on the wrong medication,if your on any.Not being smart or rude,had a mate put on wrong meds and was experiencing weird things like that.

• Like 1