Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who Built Puma Punku, Why & What Was It For?

SSilhouette

22 minutes ago, NotAlien7 said:

I like reading about Puma Punku and watching documentaries about it because it really makes you think about who built it. Throughout all the reading and TV watching about it I have never heard anyone ever say people of any skin color could not build Puma Punku. All I have ever heard is it was built by highly intelligent people. If you think people with the same color of skin as you built it then you should take that as a compliment not a racist remark.

Look at it from the indigenous point of view. When some white supremacist tries to say white people built those magnificent monuments in Mesoamerica (or Egypt or wherever), the inference is that the brown man was too simple minded and primitive to have done so. This was in fact the prevailing belief over a hundred years ago. Educated people know better today.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NotAlien7 said:

I like reading about Puma Punku and watching documentaries about it because it really makes you think about who built it. Throughout all the reading and TV watching about it I have never heard anyone ever say people of any skin color could not build Puma Punku. All I have ever heard is it was built by highly intelligent people. If you think people with the same color of skin as you built it then you should take that as a compliment not a racist remark.

Then you've been watching high-quality, responsible works, and watching them critically.

Not everybody does.

--Jaylemurph