Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dozens of cars are destroyed in Sweden

Michelle

8 minutes ago, skliss said:

Or it could be immigrants...you have to look at what's both possible AND probable.  

It almost looks like a co-ordinated action since it happened at many places at the same time. It sounds strange to me that immigrants would do such a thing.

Edited by fred_mc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fred_mc said:

It almost looks like a co-ordinated action since it happened at many places at the same time. It sounds strange to me that immigrants would do such a thing.

It's a way to force the Government to act in their favor. They can make demands for more welfare, better housing, etc.

The Swedish Government's response always points to "segregation" as the problem. 

19 minutes ago, fred_mc said:

There is less than one month left to the election in Sweden so I think it might have something to do with that. Nazi organizations/parties, mostly NMR, have been quite active (I think the first brochure I got in my mailbox for the election, already a few months ago, was from NMR). They don't have many members but they are quite loud. Therefore, I wonder if such organizations are behind the burnings. They are against immigrants so maybe they burn cars and make it look like immigrants are behind it to turn people against immigrants.

Go through my links RE prior riots. Far Right organizations have less to do with these events than you think. Also, it's pretty apparent from the videos these "protesters" wouldn't exactly fit in with the Far Right, if you catch my drift.

Sweden does have it's problems but it still one among the safest countries in the world. The current events might have something to do with the up coming election or it might be immigrants going berserk again and then in an organised way. The reasons behind it could be many  but it is still appalling i seriously hope they get caught and punished hard for their crimes. I find it surprising that Sweden doesn't have much CCTV at all i know they solve crimes in the uk with it maybe we have to rethink and put up CCTV in the high risk areas etc...  and yes I'm from sweden born and raised here as a turnip :-p

Edited by Avalanche
Spelling

4 hours ago, fred_mc said:

There is less than one month left to the election in Sweden so I think it might have something to do with that. Nazi organizations/parties, mostly NMR, have been quite active (I think the first brochure I got in my mailbox for the election, already a few months ago, was from NMR). They don't have many members but they are quite loud. Therefore, I wonder if such organizations are behind the burnings. They are against immigrants so maybe they burn cars and make it look like immigrants are behind it to turn people against immigrants.

Does NMR recruit only members with "dark hair"?  In some U.S. states, lethal force can legally be used to protect PERSONAL PROPERTY.  Maybe this gives a glimpse into why such "parties" don't happen here.

2 hours ago, Avalanche said:

Sweden does have it's problems but it still one among the safest countries in the world. The current events might have something to do with the up coming election or it might be immigrants going berserk again and then in an organised way. The reasons behind it could be many  but it is still appalling i seriously hope they get caught and punished hard for their crimes. I find it surprising that Sweden doesn't have much CCTV at all i know they solve crimes in the uk with it maybe we have to rethink and put up CCTV in the high risk areas etc...  and yes I'm from sweden born and raised here as a turnip :-p

I will defer to your knowledge of your own country but I suspect that had you mistakenly walked into that crowd of car burners, you might have had a poor outcome.  That kind of senseless lawlessness is an outrage against decency but it isn't nearly as bad as the sad plight of women in Sweden who go in fear of rape in greater numbers than ever before.  Where I come from, many around the U.S. look down the nose at us and consider us ignorant, possibly a bit "savage" but I can assure you that if large numbers of our womenfolk were being accosted in the way we've seen from Sweden, that problem would be sorted and disposed of in short order.  

13 hours ago, and then said:

many around the U.S. look down the nose at us and consider us ignorant, possibly a bit "savage" but I can assure you that if large numbers of our womenfolk were being accosted in the way we've seen from Sweden, that problem would be sorted and disposed of in short order.  

I am not sure anyone from the U.S. is qualified to make such a statement.  Inspite of the reports in the media about rape gangs and sexual assault capitals, the U.S. has over twice the amount of reported rapes than Sweden.  Statistically if US citizens took it upon themselves to solve the problem of a hypothetical rape gang, one of them would then go home to rape their partner.

There have been crazy instances of rape and sexual assault in the states, from Hollywood to High school fraternity and American football teams, as well as gang rape being used as a form of Gang indoctrination, which has become one of the many gang culture exports from the US into Europe.

Add into this the fact that amazingly, Rape is so common in the US it has become a running joke in many aspects of media and has even extended into fashion.  For example, how many times have you heard in pop culture the threat of rape in prison, how many times in the police procedurals does a 'good cop' threaten a 'bad guy' with anal assault?  It coined a phrase, 'dropping the soap' a phrase used casually in many conversations, another rather rapey term in common use is 'Lock up your daughters'.  As for the fashion, well the US exported the rather ridiculous 'let your bum hang out of your trousers look' which became so popular that the highstreet fashion names routinely stock these 'i'm ready to be raped' trousers and jeans. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, and then said:

I will defer to your knowledge of your own country but I suspect that had you mistakenly walked into that crowd of car burners, you might have had a poor outcome. 

Exactly  and that can happen anywhere in the world if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time. The risk of getting exposed to violent crime is fairly low here however the shootings involved with organised crime and gangs has increased. I see no problem with them killing off each other as long as no one else get hurt. No hard feellings but it seems little farfetched to compare the US with Sweden when we are such a  small nation, we dont have any no go areas or mass shootings. We have problem areas yes and there is places you should not visit alone at night etc.. but you can get far with common knowledge and just by being streetwise and stop looking at your phone when you are out and about. Sweden is in general quite safe and friendly place to visit. yes bad things can happen but it's life i guess..  

Edited by Avalanche
  • Like 1

Something is weird with this.

They say they picked up a 16 year old boy and then caught a 21 year old man who had fled to Turkey.

They also claim the attacks seem very coordinated and calm...not accompanied by rioting as they usually are.

The fact that they're so close to an election is making people think that it was done to affect that. 

I wonder who these people are that they have in custody. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grey Area said:

I am not sure anyone from the U.S. is qualified to make such a statement.  Inspite of the reports in the media about rape gangs and sexual assault capitals, the U.S. has over twice the amount of reported rapes than Sweden.  Statistically if US citizens took it upon themselves to solve the problem of a hypothetical rape gang, one of them would then go home to rape their partner.

There have been crazy instances of rape and sexual assault in the states, from Hollywood to High school fraternity and American football teams, as well as gang rape being used as a form of Gang indoctrination, which has become one of the many gang culture exports from the US into Europe.

Add into this the fact that amazingly, Rape is so common in the US it has become a running joke in many aspects of media and has even extended into fashion.  For example, how many times have you heard in pop culture the threat of rape in prison, how many times in the police procedurals does a 'good cop' threaten a 'bad guy' with anal assault?  It coined a phrase, 'dropping the soap' a phrase used casually in many conversations, another rather rapey term in common use is 'Lock up your daughters'.  As for the fashion, well the US exported the rather ridiculous 'let your bum hang out of your trousers look' which became so popular that the highstreet fashion names routinely stock these 'i'm ready to be raped' trousers and jeans. 

Not entirely sure you can prove that claim...

SWEDEN

IIn 2014, there were 6,697 rapes reported to the Swedish police, or 69 cases per 100,000 population, according to the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention (BRÅ), which is an 11% increase from the previous year.[5] In 2015, the number of reported rapes declined 12%, to 5918 (On the other hand, Swedish Crime Survey in 2015 showed that 1.7% of the total population or 129,000 people between 16-79 years old have exposed to some extension of sexual offenses include rape previously in their lives, increased from 1% in 2014[6]). In 2016, the number of reported rapes increased again to 6,715[7]. The number of convictions has remained relatively unchanged since 2005, with approximately 190 convictions on average each year

USA

Over the last four decades, rape has been declining. According to the National Crime Victimization Survey, the adjusted per-capita victimization rate of rape has declined from about 2.4 per 1000 people (age 12 and above) in 1980 (that is, 2.4 persons from each 1000 people 12 and older were raped during that year) to about 0.4 per 1000 people, a decline of about 85%

Source for both WIKI

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, keithisco said:

Not entirely sure you can prove that claim...

I did a bit of research but yes difficult to prove given the propensity of rape incidents that go unreported, figures could be massively misleading.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

Something is weird with this.

They say they picked up a 16 year old boy and then caught a 21 year old man who had fled to Turkey.

They also claim the attacks seem very coordinated and calm...not accompanied by rioting as they usually are.

The fact that they're so close to an election is making people think that it was done to affect that. 

I wonder who these people are that they have in custody. 

Yes it seems too organized  and coordinated it makes me wonder if it was the right wing movement trying to affect the up coming election. One of the leding politcal parties namely the Swedish Democrats was founded by two former SS veterans Gustaf Ekström and Gösta Bergquist if you tell people this they will automaticly say that they cant have the same political agenda today which is not true. 

Edited by Avalanche
Spelling

1 hour ago, Avalanche said:

Yes it seems too organized  and coordinated it makes me wonder if it was the right wing movement trying to affect the up coming election. One of the leding politcal parties namely the Swedish Democrats was founded by two former SS veterans Gustaf Ekström and Gösta Bergquist if you tell people this they will automaticly say that they cant have the same political agenda today which is not true. 

Well, they do try to say something similar about Dems here, but the fact is that racists defected from the Dems after the Civil Rights Act. 

I don't know if it's the same kind of thing happening over there. 

• Like 1

On 14/08/2018 at 9:03 AM, bmk1245 said:

At some point camel's back will break, and we will see Myanmar 2.0 in Europe.

Or Russia 5.0 in baltic? Kinda would like it now.

'If you treat us like animals, we will act like animals': Masked man's chilling warning to 'police, politicians and society' just one hour before dozens of cars were fire bombed across Sweden

On 8/15/2018 at 1:49 PM, Grey Area said:

I did a bit of research but yes difficult to prove given the propensity of rape incidents that go unreported, figures could be massively misleading.

:rofl::lol::rofl:

I suggest you go back and read your Propaganda 101 Handbook again.

Once you have been caught making stuff up or lying red-handed its probably best to  let it go or maybe even admit that you might have been wrong. 

Try it once, you might even feel better! 

2 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

:rofl::lol::rofl:

I suggest you go back and read your Propaganda 101 Handbook again.

Once you have been caught making stuff up or lying red-handed its probably best to  let it go or maybe even admit that you might have been wrong. 

Try it once, you might even feel better! 

I didn’t make stuff up or lie.  Perhaps go back to my statement and point out where it is you think I lied and come back with an equally smarmy reply.

There are 2 important statistics in play in the states figures, the official statistic of reported rapes which was in the 95k region and then the statistic presented by a state sponsored victim support charity puts that figure in the region of at least 450k factoring in reports they receive that we’re not reported to police. That puts the percentage of rapes in the total population around 0.012% against Sweden’s 0.0069%.

Like I said, I did research it, it is just difficult to find the figures.  But hey if you have knowledge that I don’t, please feel free to correct me.

further to this it is reported that over 20% of of all rape in the US against females is gang rape.  I am willing to bet that instances of gang rape in the US are staggeringly higher than in Sweden.

Dont have a lot of time today but if you go to the wikipedia page of rape in Sweden and go to unreported case, apparently a study funded the swedish government and crime victim compensation and support authority found that 80% of rapes in Sweden go unreported.

With that in mind that would mean the numbers of rape in Sweden could be as high as 33,485 or 0.345% of the population.  Also 450 thousand out of 320 million is approximately 0.12%, not the 0.012% Gray Area incorrectly calculated.

Also the other percentage should be 0.069%.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Dont have a lot of time today but if you go to the wikipedia page of rape in Sweden and go to unreported case, apparently a study funded the swedish government and crime victim compensation and support authority found that 80% of rapes in Sweden go unreported.

With that in mind that would mean the numbers of rape in Sweden could be as high as 33,485 or 0.345% of the population.  Also 450 thousand out of 320 million is approximately 0.12%, not the 0.012% Gray Area incorrectly calculated.

Thank you for the corrections:P

11 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

You forgot to mention the population of Sweden which is 9,903 milion today with that in mind the percentage is fairly low i wish there was none.

Edited by Avalanche

3 hours ago, Avalanche said:

You forgot to mention the population of Sweden which is 9,903 milion today with that in mind the percentage is fairly low i wish there was none.

Wasnt really forgotten as much as the percentages covered it, even if indirectly but ya even less then 1% it is still far too high of a percentage.

police told women to stay indoors.

'I never thought I would be scared to walk around in my hometown,' one of the speakers Sara Wettergren said according to Kvallsposten.

Hundreds took to the streets of Malmo in southern Sweden to protest after three teenage girls were brutally gang raped - and police told women to stay indoors.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5197675/Hundreds-protest-Sweden-series-gang-rapes.html

On 8/16/2018 at 7:14 PM, odas said:

Or Russia 5.0 in baltic? Kinda would like it now.

I'm not sure where you're going with that, though I wouldn't be surprised if that attack was orchestrated by Russkies.