Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Quote Unquote

RoofGardener

Hi there everybody. 

I'm having difficulty with quotation tags. It is often my way to manually copy/paste some text into a post, and manually enclose it with

tags, and then write my own words of wisdom beneath it. 

Currently, this doesn't seem to work. When I hit save, both the original "quote", and my Words Of WisdomTM, are enclosed in an outer quotation shell. Moreover, if click on "edit", then whilst I can edit the text in the inner quote, I can no longer edit my Words Of WisdomTM

To illustrate: below is a quotation, followed by some WoW. 

blah blah blah this is a manually inserted quote, created by typing on the keyboard, I have preceeded this sentence with "quote" (in square brackets), and finished it with "/quote" (in square brackets

And here are some Words of Wisdom TM. Notice how everything is in a common quotation box ? 

Oh b*****.. it's behaved normally on this occasion. Lets try it in a new post. 

Edited by RoofGardener

Hmm.. can't seem to reproduce the effect now ? 

Edited by RoofGardener

Perhaps it was something to do with your browser - have you been using a different one at all ?

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Hi there everybody. 

I'm having difficulty with quotation tags. It is often my way to manually copy/paste some text into a post, and manually enclose it with

There is the quote.. and here are my Words of WisdomC

BLAST... it's working properly now :( 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Hi there everybody. 

Currently, this doesn't seem to work. When I hit save, both the original "quote", and my Words Of WisdomTM, are enclosed in an outer quotation shell. Moreover, if click on "edit", then whilst I can edit the text in the inner quote, I can no longer edit my Words Of WisdomTM

To illustrate: below is a quotation, followed by some WoW. 

And here are some Words of Wisdom TM. Notice how everything is in a common quotation box ? 

Oh b*****.. it's behaved normally on this occasion. Lets try it in a new post. 

Don't worry, you're not mad ..... I have been having the same problems (using Firefox btw)

when I add another quote like this by typing [ quote]  [ /quote] it didn't work - but I could add quotes by using the " icon instead.   Just slightly annoying because I am used to using [ quote] [ /quote] ...

And we#ll see now what happens ;)

....and it works okay again. 

Must have a been a glitch in the matrix that has now been resolved :) 

• Like 1

Nope.. it is still happening... but only when I try an

On 14/08/2018 at 11:27 AM, Essan said:

....and it works okay again. ....

OK, I've auto-quoted the above... now let me try and add to it with a manual quote/unquote (in square brackets). 

.... Must have a been a glitch in the matrix that has now been resolved :) ... 

And here are my Words Of Wisdom TM, which are BELOW the closing /quote element. Hence these words should appear BELOW the quote, and on a plain background (e.g. not as part of the quotation. 

. (subsequent edit) .. AHA.. can you see the problem ? The bit that starts "Must have been a glitch" are within the quote. The second sentence -  now incorporated into the quote - was BELOW the closing-quote element.  And they cannot be edited. 

Edited by RoofGardener