Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Random Flashing Light

Hack3r

Recently (like 5 minuets ago) i was going up some stairs when i saw a floating flashing light appear for a split second. I have always been skeptical about the paranormal activity. So its unlikely its my mind. It was seen at about 11:59. After getting to my room (which was right across from where i saw it) I heard a noise from where i heard it. After that i heard nothing. The spot i saw it has always been a place I see shadow figures. I'm not sure if it related but it probably is. Does anyone know what it could be?

37 minutes ago, Hack3r said:

I have always been skeptical about the paranormal activity. 

37 minutes ago, Hack3r said:

The spot i saw it has always been a place I see shadow figures.

The above two sentences seem contradictory to me.

40 minutes ago, Hack3r said:

Does anyone know what it could be?

My best hunch is a portal location for paranormal activity.

10 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

The above two sentences seem contradictory to me.

My best hunch is a portal location for paranormal activity.

portal location??? (What i meant was i always thought the shadow figures where just illusions and nothing paranormal).

1 hour ago, Hack3r said:

portal location??? (What i meant was i always thought the shadow figures where just illusions and nothing paranormal).

So you are thinking you just imagined the shadow figures and nothing out of the ordinary really occurred in the external world? (that wasn't clear in my first reading)  If so, then perhaps you might want to at least consider a theory 'B' (especially in conjunction with your mew experience). Shadow figures are commonly reported paranormal entities. 

• Like 1

If it starts to happen more often then you should get your eyes checked.

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

So you are thinking you just imagined the shadow figures and nothing out of the ordinary really occurred in the external world? (that wasn't clear in my first reading)  If so, then perhaps you might want to at least consider a theory 'B' (especially in conjunction with your mew experience). Shadow figures are commonly reported paranormal entities. 

So..... there is something paranormal?

17 minutes ago, Hack3r said:

So..... there is something paranormal?

Geez, I can’t determine it is or isn’t from here. 

My point is that you should consider the possibility.

• Like 1

There are MANY medical conditions, some serious, some not, that can cause this.  Even a brief bout of high/low blood pressure could be the cause.  Talk to a doctor first, not anonymous paranormal fanaticists on the Interwebz....

• Like 2

It sounds paranormal,its good to hear even skeptics see stuff sometimes.If you see things in the same place at different times I doubt if its a medical issue.You should go with your gut feeling and don't let your scepticism block it.As said it sounds like a portal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

There are MANY medical conditions, some serious, some not, that can cause this.  Even a brief bout of high/low blood pressure could be the cause.  Talk to a doctor first, not anonymous paranormal fanaticists on the Interwebz....

6 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

If it starts to happen more often then you should get your eyes checked.

It's probably not something medical because that's the only place i see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hack3r said:

It's probably not something medical because that's the only place i see it.

Ok. Well, ya know if I were seeing bright flashes I’d be worried about retinal detachment or high blood pressure not portals.  Maybe that comes with age, getting close to 50 and things start falling apart.

12 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

Ok. Well, ya know if I were seeing bright flashes I’d be worried about retinal detachment or high blood pressure not portals.  Maybe that comes with age, getting close to 50 and things start falling apart.

I'm 55 and at this age you should know if its a health issue or something else,instead of relying on quacks to inform you.I've found if I do go to the docs as I've got older they ask you about what you feel is wrong with yourself.All tied in with awareness and intuition.

Wow, I'm impressed by these folks who know better than 'quacks'....  As I've got older and learnt more, the more I realise just how little I know.

Anyways, you aged and wise experts have got this one covered - clearly paranormal. And OP, you have perfect health and nothing to worry about....  So well done.  First ever genuine proof of paranormalcy.  Whoda thort...

• Like 2

It doesn't matter what it was, you can't do anything about it, so worrying and obsessing on it is pointless. Nobody here has any clue of what it was - but you did say you were going up stairs at the time, maybe it was something induced by the exercise, like getting a head rush when standing up from a chair too fast.

If you get it in your head that you have "portals" in your house, you'll just make yourself nuts. Best to write it off as one of those things that won't be explained and move on.

Edited by moonman

Update: Recently around 11:00 I had seen  human (What you would call a ghost) at the same spot as the light. does this mean anything?

i'm scared ****less

Edited by Hack3r

1 minute ago, Hack3r said:

Update: Recently around 11:00 I had seen  human at the same spot as the light. does this mean anything?

i'm scared ****less

Yeah, it means you're either seeing things or your house is haunted. Take your pick.

Edited by moonman

1 minute ago, moonman said:

Yeah, it means you're either seeing things or your house is haunted. Take your pick.

If it was me seeing things then why did it take about 3 seconds to vanish after blinking a few times?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hack3r said:

If it was me seeing things then why did it take about 3 seconds to vanish after blinking a few times?

Because it was a ghost. No choice but to move now. Next comes disappearing items, bangs in the night and possession.

Edited by moonman

54 minutes ago, moonman said:

Because it was a ghost. No choice but to move now. Next comes disappearing items, bangs in the night and possession.

Say there was a ghost how do i remove it?

If you know as little as you have said and implied, where would you have come up with the idea that 'you can remove it.' Seems pretty advanced a thought for someone who knows so little about these things.

An additional couple of things that can be factored in with possible paranormal activity are:

1. I have had one experience of starting to dream before nearly being in bed. But I am a narcoleptic with lucid dreaming immediately when falling asleep. But it could still happen to you if you are really sleep-deprived.

2. The eye can occasionally 'misfire' bringing on such a phenomenon.

If you think you understand how your eyes work
... go into a dark room
... make it totally dark
... stay in the dark for 30 or more seconds
... flash an incandescent light as quickly as you can
Were you amazed? Please, tell us what you saw.

Edited by MyOtherAccount
Added all below the numbered list.