Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Senator honours White Australia Policy

Black Red Devil

30 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Weeell..... he hasn't apologised though, has he ? He has merely "regretted the choice of words" .. e.g. regretted getting caught.

And the Palestinian Cemetery thing was in 2014... hardly 20 years ago... and then we have the CURRENT wriggling and squirming to avoid embedding the internationally accepted definition of AntiSemitism into the Labour Party rule book ? 

I'm sorry Dark_Grey, but overall I don't think that Jeremy Corbyn is a suitable representative for the Australian People in the Senate. 

Actually.. I'll take that back. If you wan't him down under, you're WELCOME to him :D

Eh, I was just musing over the current state of our culture. It doesn't matter if we are talking about Trump, Kanye West or Ghandi, it seems nothing is forgivable these days. Remember when a politician could screw up, apologize in front of cameras and the world moved on? What ever happened to that? Now, we hold your feet to the fire over any perceived slight indefinitely. People are getting fired for minor, innocuous comments just to satisfy "mob justice". Nothing is forgivable and I think that stems from our post-modern culture that is becoming increasingly isolated. We judge harshly because we are afraid of becoming the next target. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

They weren't far off with the ZA farmers.

Dutton?

8 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

So you object to a plebiscite ? What are you afraid of ? :o 

Not afraid, it would be a waste of time because there is no support for the policy.  Only the far right Party's would be, Katter and One Nation and they hold no power.  If the proposal would gather momentum among the populace similar to Brexit, then yes, but I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Yes.

True, but even that idea got shot down.  Not even sure it's still on the table.

8 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

You appear to be confusing multiple different issues ? So far as I am aware, Jeremy Corbyn isn't an American Jew ? If he WAS however, I'm sure his contributions would have been humanitarian :P 

I thought you were considering you brought into the picture how Jews are being denigrated by the Left in another reality.

If Red Jeremy was an Aussie Pollie, hed be PM and any gaff would be met with the headline “another zinger from Jeremy Clanger” and we’d laugh at him and move on.

anyway, my mother (The Dowager Lady Of Hats) has a theory that pollies pull stunts like this to distract us from something else. The Whole citizenship saga nonsense? Stuff about tax havens was hitting the press. Barnaby and his mistress? The Royal Commissiom into Banking was kicking off. 

So what is Anning distracting us from?

I live in australia and am of European descent and i am hugely ashamed by the fact that any of my country mates would support morons like this sadly hes not the only one. Bob katter is a symptom of a growing racist disease spreading through the country trying to devide the people with an "us vs them" mentality. There was a time when australians were known to give the shirt off their own backs to help others now it seems were turning into a nation of entitled old white people with a superiority complex. Also bob katter quoted nazi germany in his speach regerencing a "final solution" what a piece of ****.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, hereticspl said:

I live in australia and am of European descent and i am hugely ashamed by the fact that any of my country mates would support morons like this sadly hes not the only one. Bob katter is a symptom of a growing racist disease spreading through the country trying to devide the people with an "us vs them" mentality. There was a time when australians were known to give the shirt off their own backs to help others now it seems were turning into a nation of entitled old white people with a superiority complex. Also bob katter quoted nazi germany in his speach regerencing a "final solution" what a piece of ****.

As I said, only 19 people voted for Anning. That would be (roughly) the number of people who campaigned for him plus a couple who voted for him by accident. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So what is Anning distracting us from?

Leadership challenge by Dutton?

3 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Leadership challenge by Dutton?

Looks that way, yes.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2018 at 5:56 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Looks that way, yes.

Adding to that - Dutto’s come out and expressed both loyalty to Malcolm and no desire to be leader. So that’s that, leadership spill within a week.

On 8/18/2018 at 8:53 AM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

As I said, only 19 people voted for Anning. That would be (roughly) the number of people who campaigned for him plus a couple who voted for him by accident. 

Yeah, that's a joke. 200k a year for that loser. There's a huge flaw in the system there. 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.news.com.au/national/politics/19-people-got-this-bloke-a-200k-job/news-story/f8d8aaa83f0c2bcab53626455a3698d6

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The media coverage of Anning's inaugural speech has solely focussed on the words "final solution" and not on his call of seeking the Australian public's opinion via plebiscite.

We do after all have a precedent here that holds that words are not held to offensive in , and of, themselves; and we really should look at their usage. Bray CJ in his ruling for Romeyko v Samuels (1972) 2 SASR 529 (FC), says, “...in my view, it is equally erroneous to hold that the common four-letter words are necessarily indecent in every context...and hold to that they can never be indecent at all.”

It had me wondering whether, or not, Katter should be given some doubt when explaining away the controversy as a malapropism.

But you can always count on the minor parties.