Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are the shadow people so interested in me

whattupmyknittah

Ever since I could remember I've always seen shadows in my house. I've grown up in this home my entire life, (20 years) and it has been in my family for quite some time. A total of five generations including mine have lived in this home. Really long story short, I've always caught shadows or white mists floating about my house. My family used to tell me "It's just our family watching over us! They won't hurt you!".  I just can't help but feel uneasy about seeing them sometimes now, I feel crazy when I jerk my head to the side and my boyfriend gives me a funny look. He believes me, never has a doubt. But this is something I've wanted to discuss with people who have encountered the same. 

• Like 2

If it's making you feel uneasy, just do a simple banishment.

Something from your own belief system, or you can find the LBRP on youtube.

• Like 3

The human imagination can get the better of people. Lack of sleep or staying up too late can create visual hallucinations. Coupled with the belief in anything supernatural/paranormal can affect what is seen.  

• Like 3

I do have a regular sleep schedule and very rarely stay up late. But that could be why I used to see them so much as a child, I never really slept then. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whattupmyknittah said:

I do have a regular sleep schedule and very rarely stay up late. But that could be why I used to see them so much as a child, I never really slept then. 

The thing about kids is they are barely conscious being till they get near the double digits, even then. Mostly they run on instinct. So the imagination kicks up quite a bit. I think everyone has some spooky story that happened as a kid. Doesn't make them real or even special. It's just stuff that happens.

• Like 1

Welcome to UM @whattupmyknittah,

I’ll be that guy. In direct response to what your title is asking: Why do you have no evidence of the shadow people? Or do you? 

I’d be inclined to think because they’re not really there, but feel free to make your short story long if needed. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/15/2018 at 6:11 PM, whattupmyknittah said:

Ever since I could remember I've always seen shadows in my house. I've grown up in this home my entire life, (20 years) and it has been in my family for quite some time. A total of five generations including mine have lived in this home. Really long story short, I've always caught shadows or white mists floating about my house. My family used to tell me "It's just our family watching over us! They won't hurt you!".  I just can't help but feel uneasy about seeing them sometimes now, I feel crazy when I jerk my head to the side and my boyfriend gives me a funny look. He believes me, never has a doubt. But this is something I've wanted to discuss with people who have encountered the same. 

I use to see then a lot until I stopped being afraid of them. One night I was meditating and suddenly this big tall black figure stood near a door that was close to me. I thought it was my brother who is tall. Then I got up and went to the door to see what he wanted. No one was there then I started doing research on them and found out they will not harm you. Now I never see them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justice please said:

I use to see then a lot until I stopped being afraid of them. One night I was meditating and suddenly this big tall black figure stood near a door that was close to me. I thought it was my brother who is tall. Then I got up and went to the door to see what he wanted. No one was there then I started doing research on them and found out they will not harm you. Now I never see them.

That's that. Your fear which makes you see things. Feel things. Stop being scared and they dissolve into thin air. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Disha Sahoo said:

That's that. Your fear which makes you see things. Feel things. Stop being scared and they dissolve into thin air. 

yes that is right.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 7:32 PM, Timothy said:

Welcome to UM @whattupmyknittah,

I’ll be that guy. In direct response to what your title is asking: Why do you have no evidence of the shadow people? Or do you? 

I’d be inclined to think because they’re not really there, but feel free to make your short story long if needed. 

Sorry no story I did just see them. But I have no proof. I wasn't a child either I was an adult.

I don't have photographic evidence of something I can only catch a glimpse of. And I'm not about to set up cameras just to do so, I don't have the time to. So be that as it is. Pick apart the story as you'd like. 

it is possible to take pictures and videos of them, I have made some, I got 1 video of one.

you can find alot of proof and evidence of these creatures on camera

I didn't see anything unusual in the video.

Shadow people are not like shadows on a wall.

They're 3D and can seem to have some substance to them. 

But they easily dissipate like smoke if you're nervy enough to reach out and touch them. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, whattupmyknittah said:

I don't have photographic evidence of something I can only catch a glimpse of. And I'm not about to set up cameras just to do so, I don't have the time to. So be that as it is. Pick apart the story as you'd like. 

Well you can set up a webcam to capture motion with free and easy to use software. 

Would only take a few minutes to set up.

If you’re interested, let me know and I’ll provide links etc. 

20 hours ago, zenron said:

it is possible to take pictures and videos of them, I have made some, I got 1 video of one.

you can find alot of proof and evidence of these creatures on camera

Now, I'm not trying to be an ass(this time...sort of), but all I see is a great fixer-upper opportunity of a room(which I'm sure will be lovely when it's completed). I don't see anything else out of the norm. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ~Onyx~ said:

Now, I'm not trying to be an ass(this time...sort of), but all I see is a great fixer-upper opportunity of a room(which I'm sure will be lovely when it's completed). I don't see anything else out of the norm. 

you need to zoom in, you can see a shadow person or being peeking at me like hide n seek when the door is, 

some people say its my pot plant, I do not have a pot plant.

when ever i look at the door and in hall way you can see it peeking, 15,16,17,18 if you pause on those you can see it.

31,32,38,39,40,41,42 and maybe 51,52

@zenron, all I see is a nondescript and low resolution video of someone rambling about something and aiming the camera at various places in a cluttered too om for no apparent reason. 

I definitely didn’t see anything peeking from the door at those times. It would help if you took screenshots and outlined what you think is there. 

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

@zenron, all I see is a nondescript and low resolution video of someone rambling about something and aiming the camera at various places in a cluttered too om for no apparent reason. 

I definitely didn’t see anything peeking from the door at those times. It would help if you took screenshots and outlined what you think is there. 

image.png.760da8853f0bfe28fb3c7002ef40d953.png

Thanks @zenron, but the video shows nothing strange there. Seems that light is behaving how it should, according to the laws of physics. 

Edited by Timothy
Added username.
  • Confused 1

well i ever learnt the law of physics so as many other people who do not know it, I only know a alittle bit but my schools didn't teach anything about it.

how am i supposed to know if thats normal or not? how am I meant to know if its real or not, it actually shows up like that in real life too not just on bad camera but to the eyes

@zenron, if you forget what you’ve experienced, and just look at the video you posted, does it look weird at all? 

Pretend you’re me, or someone else watching the video. Would you expect to see anything more than a low quality video with nothing interesting/abnormal in it? 

You don’t need to understand the physics behind light to know how it basically works either. But where did you go to school, if they didn’t teach you basic physics?

every schools is different and every country is different, I went to normal schools, primary, intermediate,highschool

27 minutes ago, zenron said:

every schools is different and every country is different, I went to normal schools, primary, intermediate,highschool

New Zealand? I thought their schooling would be reasonably similar to Australia? 

Do you know a guy called Rambo over there?