Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Hack3r

Items for detecting paranormal

23 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hack3r

What are the proper tools for detecting paranormal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Not A Rockstar

Depends. If you wish evidence to convince others, nothing will do it, as they say all pictures are photoshopped or something else. EVP are audial hallucinations. Any claims are delusions or lies.

Now, if you want it just for yourself, then cameras (digital is awful prone to orb errors but you can use one with that in mind), recorders, some run video. There are other things out there but beware of scams, and start out simple imo.

Just do not expect to show your stuff and to have anyone believe it just because you have evidence. If you can avoid feeling all hurt when it happens, this can be a fun hobby.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Varelse

All the devices sold specifically to find paranormal stuff are bogus.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar
2 hours ago, Varelse said:

All the devices sold specifically to find paranormal stuff are bogus.  

I don't know what is scarier - the things they sell or that some really believe it. That voicebox is freaky, for example, and I have seen videos of rival paranormalists claiming totally opposite words from the same tapes. Crazy stuff :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
15 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I don't know what is scarier - the things they sell or that some really believe it. That voicebox is freaky, for example, and I have seen videos of rival paranormalists claiming totally opposite words from the same tapes. Crazy stuff :( 

That's because our brains love patterns and will try to make sense out of nonsense. I think there was this thing a few years ago where people recorded tv static. Claiming they heard spirit voices. Those ghostbox's randomly shift through radio stations if I remember correctly, that screams audio pareidolia and false positives to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar
2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That's because our brains love patterns and will try to make sense out of nonsense. I think there was this thing a few years ago where people recorded tv static. Claiming they heard spirit voices. Those ghostbox's randomly shift through radio stations if I remember correctly, that screams audio pareidolia and false positives to me.

yeah. 

My idea of ghost hunting is to walk through a "haunted" location and just go with what I feel, for myself. 

Proof schmoof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
12 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

yeah. 

My idea of ghost hunting is to walk through a "haunted" location and just go with what I feel, for myself. 

Proof schmoof.

If someone is doing the whole ghost hunting thing for fun and perhaps a cheap scare, I say go for it. Because I think taking stuff like that seriously is a problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar
2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If someone is doing the whole ghost hunting thing for fun and perhaps a cheap scare, I say go for it. Because I think taking stuff like that seriously is a problem. 

I like the history of places the most, which is why I enjoyed watching ghosthunters. They filmed in some cool places. Back stories can bring it more to life.

In my earlier years when I did walk throughs, I have sensed or seen some things which I still ponder at times, wondering what caused it. I am not convinced it is "dead" caused in most cases. Maybe some imprinting of emotions we sense (or guess at), maybe some recording. I have experienced what I deem to be recording and that can be weird. I would like to know how that can even happen. 

But, it is nothing to get excited about. Just a strange event and not that common anyway.

JMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
7 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I like the history of places the most, which is why I enjoyed watching ghosthunters. They filmed in some cool places. Back stories can bring it more to life.

In my earlier years when I did walk throughs, I have sensed or seen some things which I still ponder at times, wondering what caused it. I am not convinced it is "dead" caused in most cases. Maybe some imprinting of emotions we sense (or guess at), maybe some recording. I have experienced what I deem to be recording and that can be weird. I would like to know how that can even happen. 

But, it is nothing to get excited about. Just a strange event and not that common anyway.

JMO.

I liken those "spooky vibes" to our instincts. I mean typically in an unfamiliar place with who know's what around. Ghosthunters was good, but I only watched ghost adventures to make fun of them. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar

The one time I would disagree with any claim it was just imagination happened when I was driving with my wife in a town we had never been before, trying to find an address. It was an old area of town and by the numbers it should have been close and on our right so we were driving in traffic and looking to the right for any sign of this bank she needed to find. We were given lame directions to find this lone branch over that way.

All of a sudden I felt strong threat vibes from my left just as she gasped and said "what the he-- is that?? My God!" and we both looked over and it was a small, now closed very old brick hovel of several floors which said it was an old mental hospital. The wife you gotta know is not one to sense much of anything or get excited if she does. 

It scared her and wierded me out for the moment. We found the bank and she did what she wanted to do there. We had no idea anything like that was there and truly were not from that area and were basically almost lost.

Real vibes, but, who knows? She swears not for a million would she spend the night in it and I am like, a million? Sign me up :D  It is the only place ever in our relationship she honestly feels dread about. Some places just exude sadness or pain, but I have not had one reach out and tag me like that when I was not even knowing it was around or looking for it. That she felt it in the same moment is astonishing really.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Varelse

Has anyone reverse engineered some of these devices to see exactly what they scan/record, modify or flat out generate at random?  The shows can be entertaining but I can only take so much hyper woo. My bigger fear in an old haunted building is the lead paint and asbestos dust. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Varelse
On 8/20/2018 at 8:04 PM, Not A Rockstar said:

The one time I would disagree with any claim it was just imagination happened when I was driving with my wife in a town we had never been before, trying to find an address. It was an old area of town and by the numbers it should have been close and on our right so we were driving in traffic and looking to the right for any sign of this bank she needed to find. We were given lame directions to find this lone branch over that way.

All of a sudden I felt strong threat vibes from my left just as she gasped and said "what the he-- is that?? My God!" and we both looked over and it was a small, now closed very old brick hovel of several floors which said it was an old mental hospital. The wife you gotta know is not one to sense much of anything or get excited if she does. 

It scared her and wierded me out for the moment. We found the bank and she did what she wanted to do there. We had no idea anything like that was there and truly were not from that area and were basically almost lost.

Real vibes, but, who knows? She swears not for a million would she spend the night in it and I am like, a million? Sign me up :D  It is the only place ever in our relationship she honestly feels dread about. Some places just exude sadness or pain, but I have not had one reach out and tag me like that when I was not even knowing it was around or looking for it. That she felt it in the same moment is astonishing really.

My only ghost experience was on a Savanah GA walking tour 20 yrs ago. We walked by some historical society mansion's previously owned by the old south's elite when I looked in a window and saw a ghostly woman sort of light up in a tall first story window. She wore a southern Victorian style white gown with long blond hair. And then she faded out and the window was pitch black again. I was the only one who saw it so that added to the drama of the night. Had to be part of the tourist trap. 

I was born near Villisca and my grandfather was friends with the owner back in the 70-80's, I think his name was Darwin or Delwin but I never knew it until long after both passed. I'd like to stay there one Halloween night but it ain't cheap.   

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar
6 minutes ago, Varelse said:

My only ghost experience was on a Savanah GA walking tour 20 yrs ago. We walked by some historical society mansion's previously owned by the old south's elite when I looked in a window and saw a ghostly woman sort of light up in a tall first story window. She wore a southern Victorian style white gown with long blond hair. And then she faded out and the window was pitch black again. I was the only one who saw it so that added to the drama of the night. Had to be part of the tourist trap. 

I was born near Villisca and my grandfather was friends with the owner back in the 70-80's, I think his name was Darwin or Delwin but I never knew it until long after both passed. I'd like to stay there one Halloween night but it ain't cheap.   

 

Villisca is an interesting case. I have always believed it was that itinerant preacher dude who did it. 

But, yeah, money money money anymore :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar
36 minutes ago, Varelse said:

Has anyone reverse engineered some of these devices to see exactly what they scan/record, modify or flat out generate at random?  The shows can be entertaining but I can only take so much hyper woo. My bigger fear in an old haunted building is the lead paint and asbestos dust. 

I just …. I don't think we have a clue WHAT might help detect them. It would be great if we could so we could set cameras if we detected something, you know? Start trying to pin down what it is, even. 

I doubt anyone has, V. Sceptics do not care about it and believers don't want to know, plus they cost more than they should. It is a racket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat

I recommend the Acme Paranormal Attractant Wand. Buy now and get two for the price of one ! :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Varelse

IF I was really going to get into it I'd buy gear that can be used for cryptids, general wildlife and ghosts. High end IR camera, a few high end mics and a good pair of running shoes!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar
5 minutes ago, Varelse said:

IF I was really going to get into it I'd buy gear that can be used for cryptids, general wildlife and ghosts. High end IR camera, a few high end mics and a good pair of running shoes!

I love your humor :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar
12 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I recommend the Acme Paranormal Attractant Wand. Buy now and get two for the price of one ! :D

yeah, I think it was @acute maybe who was offering auto-blur bigfoot binoculars so maybe you two could make a sweet collection there :) 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Varelse

I have an auto jiggle UFO camera I'll throw in.   

Edited by Varelse
sp
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:23 AM, Hack3r said:

What are the proper tools for detecting paranormal?

An open mind and a glib tongue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute
5 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I think it was acute maybe who was offering auto-blur bigfoot binoculars so maybe you two could make a sweet collection there  

The Bigfoot Binoculars 'auto-blur' feature is extremely useful, because it saves you having to add the fuzziness later in Photoshop.

;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
9 hours ago, Varelse said:

Has anyone reverse engineered some of these devices to see exactly what they scan/record, modify or flat out generate at random?  The shows can be entertaining but I can only take so much hyper woo. My bigger fear in an old haunted building is the lead paint and asbestos dust. 

I know some of these ghost apps that were decompiled pick random words from a list.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy

Why do people want to detect/record sounds,pics of spirits or supernatural stuff.Are they just trying to or wanting to believe.I feel its not a phenomena that can or should be recorded.If your open to it you'll experience it,if your not you never will.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.