Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman sues dating agency over lack of men

Still Waters

A divorcee seeking a wealthy boyfriend has won £13,100 in damages from an elite dating agency after it failed to introduce her to the match she hoped would be “possibly the man of my dreams, the father of my child”.

Tereza Burki had sued Seventy Thirty, based in Knightsbridge, central London, for deceit and misrepresentation. On Wednesday the high court ruled it had misled the businesswoman about its “exclusive” membership.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/aug/15/not-enough-fish-woman-successfully-sues-dating-agency-seventy-thirty

• Like 3

I thought this was going to be one of those ridiculous pet tricks-type threads but after reading it, I actually agree with the judge.  Straight up fraud.  Maybe I'm too easily amused, okay I AM too easily amused, :w00t:   but I wanted to see a picture of a woman who has such high standards and is willing to pay over 12 grand for a matchmaking service.  Over here I don't recall any of the ones that advertise offering any guarantees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, and then said:

I thought this was going to be one of those ridiculous pet tricks-type threads but after reading it, I actually agree with the judge.  Straight up fraud.  Maybe I'm too easily amused, okay I AM too easily amused, :w00t:   but I wanted to see a picture of a woman who has such high standards and is willing to pay over 12 grand for a matchmaking service.  Over here I don't recall any of the ones that advertise offering any guarantees.

Geez...she paid 12 grand?

That's crazy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

Geez...she paid 12 grand?

That's crazy.

That's one expensive dud considering who signs up with your average service. :lol:

• Like 2

I'm avaliable for 12 grand ,awhile though :lol:

Edited by Avalanche
  • Haha 1

What was the show on for a while with the exclusive matchmaker....Millionaire Matchmaker? I think she charged way more than that. Claimed to be from generations of matchmaker but only took super rich people. 

• Like 1