Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hungary dumps Gender Studies

AnchorSteam

Yes, its happening, the back-lash is happening.

Maybe they are just trying to save the kids from going into debt and end up flipping burgers for a living. 

The facts are that it leads to no jobs outside of a job teaching it to the next batch of suckers, and the Hungarians have had enough of it. 

This isn't actually such a huge thing in Hungary, hardly anyone was interested. One only 2 students at one place (CEU) and there were 11 university with a capacity of 18 for the class (ELTE). This the case is made that it is not "economically rational" to continue with this.

The Universities have have 24 hours to reply.... whoops, time's up! :P

And since the bad guys hate a public forum for free Video-Recorded speech so much-

Edited by AnchorSteam
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well done, Hungary! :tsu:

• Like 2

Students have to take electives anyway, it's just that now the government has taken one of their choices away.

I remember hearing people clamoring that the free market should decide things like this. 

If nobody ever signed up for the class, then there would be no need for any professors to teach it, and they'd just go ahead and teach something else the students wanted. 

I don't see any reason why the government should be involved in the decision of what classes universities can offer to their students. 

12 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Yes, its happening, the back-lash is happening.

Maybe they are just trying to save the kids from going into debt and end up flipping burgers for a living. 

The facts are that it leads to no jobs outside of a job teaching it to the next batch of suckers, and the Hungarians have had enough of it. 

This isn't actually such a huge thing in Hungary, hardly anyone was interested. One only 2 students at one place (CEU) and there were 11 university with a capacity of 18 for the class (ELTE). This the case is made that it is not "economically rational" to continue with this.

The Universities have have 24 hours to reply.... whoops, time's up! :P

And since the bad guys hate a public forum for free Video-Recorded speech so much-

Hungary was one of, if not THE first nation to erect border fences when the migrant crisis began in Europe. They were ridiculed to no end for daring to turn away thousands of North Africans but hey - hindsight is 20/20, right Merkel?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, aztek said:

absolutely correct move,  gender study is liberal idiocy, 

It's not even the subject matter itself - the career choices for a "gender studies" major are so damn limited it's not even worth the paper it's printed on.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

Students have to take electives anyway, it's just that now the government has taken one of their choices away.

I remember hearing people clamoring that the free market should decide things like this. 

If nobody ever signed up for the class, then there would be no need for any professors to teach it, and they'd just go ahead and teach something else the students wanted. 

I don't see any reason why the government should be involved in the decision of what classes universities can offer to their students. 

The government paid for these courses to be run out of Public Funds, saw no value in them, so are removing them from Public Funded Universities. If there was a demand from industry then they would still operate, but there isnt. If someone really wants to take such courses then of course the private sector would run them. They dont because there is no demand.

• Like 1

you can't have it both ways, if education is free (paid by gvmnt) then gvmnt decides what classes needed and what aren't. when you want to have a choice, and take useless classes,  you will have to pay for education.

• Like 1

I'm so proud of the country of my grandfather for standing up to the EU, protecting its borders and culture, and eschewing post-Marxist education. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh NO.... they've discontinued Gender Studies ? 

Then.. how will I get my degree in Lesbian Dance and Transgender Music Studies ? :(