Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Something Visited My School

Owen Strand

11 minutes ago, moonman said:

Doesn't matter. You don't know everything about everyone. Could be a guy from the city fixing stuff, could be a bum, could be a parent, could be ANYBODY. You're just a kid sitting in a lunchroom, nobody has to check in with you about where they walk.

If there were a bum walking by our windows, they'd put us in lockdown and call the police. That didn't happen.

A parent wouldn't be there either. They don't let parents walk around the school freely.

I like your first explanation though. That's the front-runner.

4 minutes ago, Owen Strand said:

There's no room for a person. It went from fence, to window. No gap in between.

Now you're changing your story. That's not what your picture shows.

Even if - that makes no sense. There's a fence directly next to the window? How does light get in?

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, moonman said:

Now you're changing your story. That's not what your picture shows.

Even if - that makes no sense. There's a fence directly next to the window? How does light get in?

It's a chain-link fence.

32 minutes ago, Owen Strand said:

It was on the other side of the window. And in my diagram I showed that the window was in a corner of a field, right next to a fence, so the odds of someone walking there were slim to none.

There were only two types of staff members: teachers, and kitchen assistants. It was lunchtime, so no kitchen assistants would be outside. And all the teachers would be in their classrooms.

School children could easily have walked over to a fence. Kids walk on railways lines, why not an area in a school?

17 minutes ago, Owen Strand said:

I don't want to hear that it's paranormal. That would terrify me. But I know the school, I've been there for six years, so it's easy to refute explanations.

You have not refuted any of our explanations. 

You do not want to hear it was paranornal and yet you this:

3 hours ago, Owen Strand said:

It paid off,

What do you think it was? 

You see a shadow on the other side of a window...how can you posibly think it could not be a person? The fence was not infront of the window and as you say

3 hours ago, Owen Strand said:

The windows in the cafeteria were close to the ceiling and from the outside they were close to the ground.

You saw someone walking past a stain glass window.....simple as that.

3 minutes ago, Owen Strand said:

It's a chain-link fence.

Which light (and shadows) can go right through. Going by your pic, someone could have been walking the inside of the fence, and turned when they got to the building.

I don't know why you're so against this having a normal explanation. Granted," I saw someone walk by a window" is a pretty lame story. You've obviously never considered that it was just a person, and now that you are - your story isn't interesting anymore.

Edited by moonman

1 minute ago, moonman said:

Which light (and shadows) can go right through.

It's not in front of the fence. My picture shows that. It's right next to the window. But no one could walk completely across the window unless the cut through the fence.

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

School children could easily have walked over to a fence. Kids walk on railways lines, why not an area in a school?

You have not refuted any of our explanations. 

You do not want to hear it was paranornal and yet you this:

What do you think it was? 

You see a shadow on the other side of a window...how can you posibly think it could not be a person? The fence was not infront of the window and as you say

You saw someone walking past a stain glass window.....simple as that.

The fence is RIGHT NEXT to the window. It would be physically impossible to walk from end to end of the window, but the figure did.

3 minutes ago, Owen Strand said:

It's not in front of the fence. My picture shows that. It's right next to the window. But no one could walk completely across the window unless the cut through the fence.

Like I said - they could have been walking inside the fence and turned right there. Or jumped the fence. Or any of 10 different normal explanations.

It was a stained glass window - you didn't get the luxury of details.

Edited by moonman

1 minute ago, moonman said:

Like I said - they could have been walking inside the fence and turned right there. Or jumped the fence. Or any of 10 different normal explanations.

It was a stained glass window - you didn't get the luxury of details.

No, the figure came in from the right.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Owen Strand said:

Let me remind you what your picture shows, the fence is at the side of the window.

What was on the left  ( from the angle of the picture ) of the hugh field next to the school building? 

Diagram.jpg

Edited by freetoroam

Just now, freetoroam said:

Let me remind you what your picture shows, the fence is at the side of the window.

What was on the left of hugh field next to the school building? 

I had to make room for the text.

The building was L-shaped, so to the right of huge field was the other part of the building.

Just now, Owen Strand said:

I had to make room for the text.

The building was L-shaped, so to the right of huge field was the other part of the building.

So someone could have walked from the other side without having to go over the fence.

Just now, freetoroam said:

So someone could have walked from the other side without having to go over the fence.

I would've already seen their shadow on the right side of the window.

11 minutes ago, Owen Strand said:

I would've already seen their shadow on the right side of the window.

Why would you, it was cloudy, you were eating your lunch, the lights had just flickered and you were seated on the 2nd bench in from the window  and the shadow would only have appeared as it passed the window.

You are pulling at straws now.

You have been given the best plausible explanations, do you want us to say ghost?

He we go:

Ghost.

Thats it, i am done here.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Owen Strand said:

To anyone reading this, please try to help me understand this story, because now I'm really interested.

Well my best bet is that you saw a Shadow Person ghost. Lights flickering add to the possibility. The fact that years later you are still motivated to write about it and draw a diagram increases the likelihood that you indeed saw something very rare and striking.

I think Shadow People are a type of two-dimensional ghost that takes less energy to appear than a full three-dimensional colored apparition. 

Now of course no one can say it was a Shadow Person but that is my best bet here.

There is actually a website dedicated to Shadow People and people's stories.

I think its a spirit of a teacher or pupil that died,still going through the routine day.Probably was a nerd that couldn't stay away from school.As good a explanation as any.No big deal, I see this tuff all the time but good to hear of others experiences.