Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religious Nuts

ParanormalKris

45 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Smart guy, that anonymous, whoever he is.

One of the best thinkers, yeah :D 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Browng0at said:

But now a days if ur a nutter with a gun there's a high chance ur going to get shot no questions asked. 

yes but that doesn't mean its got anything to do with Karma. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Browng0at said:

Mental health doesn't work like that mate..only if it was that simple though. But now a days if ur a nutter with a gun there's a high chance ur going to get shot no questions asked. 

Or even a white  Australian woman in her dressing gown, who has called the police to report a disturbance.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

On 8/17/2018 at 8:38 PM, ParanormalKris said:

I want to get People Thoughts on Karma. especially, Group Karma. Families Who are Religious Nuts. A Grandmother Makes Her Daughter an Religious Nut, So when She Grows up She Has A  Son and Two Daughters. and then theirs Mother Teach Them That God is mean and Stuff Like that. So then They have Kids. Where Dose the Evil Stopped? It Keeps Going Down the Line.  

:hmm:  Karma............... 

Well, according to Dictionary.com  it’s: 

noun
  1. HinduismBuddhismaction, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in thislife or in a reincarnation: in Hinduism one of the means of reaching Brahman.Compare bhakti(def 1)jnana.
  2. Theosophythe cosmic principle according to which each person is rewarded or punished in oneincarnation according to that person's deeds in the previous incarnation.
  3. fate; destiny.

I don’t see someone being raised a certain way to end up raising their someone’s the same certain way as Karma. Personally, I think that’s just more of a particular way of being raised. I find this as a more teach and learn and then teach it to others situation. If I would think Karma would play into this, I would see it as the religious nuts going through the trouble to raise their young ones as they wish, and then the young ones grow up to reject it. (Or, is that irony?? :o  ) 

Or both? .... :w00t: 

Which ever, I find that I am highly superstitious, and a strong believer in Karma. Sometimes it takes a long time, but I have found it to be very evident, maybe more so in my life. And recently too, with somethings lately. *shrugs*  I think with some who are very strong in their beliefs and paths, would like to make sure their loved ones are in it too. So, they raise them with it. It’s not Karma, that’s a particular pattern. 

I would think, it might be thought provoking to consider whether this kind of situation is something to condone against. I say thought provoking, because despite the negative outlook of individuals being raised in families to be in a certain way that might be considered negative, (noticed I said ‘might be considered’ not that it’d definite considered as negative) the ideal that trying to pressure families how to behave and to raise their loved ones could be crossing the line. 

I think it’s something to reflect on, on families and how they raise their young and on how they do it, and wondering if it’s ethical to do so. Karma would probably play into this as someone who thinks they can pressure others, gets taking advantage of in the end. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Or even a white  Australian woman in her dressing gown, who has called the police to report a disturbance.  

It's a shame that we Australians aren't like the Americans where we should build a wall around the things that cause us trouble :D

14 hours ago, Torchwood said:

yes but that doesn't mean its got anything to do with Karma. 

Yes it does, what do u think? Just because they killed a whole heap of ppl they are going to be rewarded with lollipops? That's why when rapists go to jail and some of the end up getting raped themselves. A simple and basic saying about karma "What goes around, comes around" so yes it's karma. 

19 hours ago, Habitat said:

Smart guy, that anonymous, whoever he is.

Hmpff... I think he talks too much.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Browng0at said:

It's a shame that we Australians aren't like the Americans where we should build a wall around the things that cause us trouble :D

There's no need. We've got a moat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I don’t see someone being raised a certain way to end up raising their someone’s the same certain way as Karma. Personally, I think that’s just more of a particular way of being raised. I find this as a more teach and learn and then teach it to others situation. If I would think Karma would play into this, I would see it as the religious nuts going through the trouble to raise their young ones as they wish, and then the young ones grow up to reject it. (Or, is that irony?? :o  ) 

Which ever, I find that I am highly superstitious, and a strong believer in Karma. Sometimes it takes a long time, but I have found it to be very evident, maybe more so in my life. And recently too, with somethings lately. *shrugs*  I think with some who are very strong in their beliefs and paths, would like to make sure their loved ones are in it too. So, they raise them with it. It’s not Karma, that’s a particular pattern. 

I would think, it might be thought provoking to consider whether this kind of situation is something to condone against. I say thought provoking, because despite the negative outlook of individuals being raised in families to be in a certain way that might be considered negative, (noticed I said ‘might be considered’ not that it’d definite considered as negative) the ideal that trying to pressure families how to behave and to raise their loved ones could be crossing the line. 

I think it’s something to reflect on, on families and how they raise their young and on how they do it, and wondering if it’s ethical to do so. Karma would probably play into this as someone who thinks they can pressure others, gets taking advantage of in the end. 

Well... Karma isn't as crazy as the DPRK mandate of three generations of punishment.

So there's that... at least... I guess...:hmm:

7 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

There's no need. We've got a moat.

Because Australia is a hell hole bad enough our president backs up Trump :lol: hell has broken loose upon this one. 

6 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:
9 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Well... Karma isn't as crazy as the DPRK mandate of three generations of punishment.

So there's that... at least... I guess...:hmm:

Please forgive me my initial ignorance of it. So, if you're talking about this , then I think that is like comparing apples and oranges. Granted, both situations one has no control over, but Karma to me, would be apples and DPRK mandate of three generations of punishment would be the oranges..................

No, I would think that would be just flat out wrong. :o  :no: In fact, what would be the Karma effect be against those who instill it?

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Please forgive me my initial ignorance of it. So, if you're talking about this , then I think that is like comparing apples and oranges. Granted, both situations one has no control over, but Karma to me, would be apples and DPRK mandate of three generations of punishment would be the oranges..................

No, I would think that would be just flat out wrong. :o  :no: In fact, what would be the Karma effect be against those who instill it?

I think both ideas - that punishment can carry over to another connected lifetime - are crazy. In a sense they are apples and oranges; but, they're still fruit.

Specifically, I think Karma is hope from confirmation bias. 

• Like 1

On 18/08/2018 at 4:03 PM, Scudbuster said:

Religion, well, to me, it's kinda like this definition:

Religion definition.jpg

no, not a good definition= the practice of <<someone else>> training your mind at an early age is more like it!!

21 hours ago, pallidin said:

"There is nothing stranger than Reality itself"

- Anonymous 

what yardstick are you using?

On 8/18/2018 at 12:10 AM, third_eye said:

I am rather fond of those chocolate covered ones ...

~

$%%#(*&^ Cannibal!  :w00t:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Browng0at said:

Don't need a wall. We have an ocean :)  

On 8/18/2018 at 10:38 AM, ParanormalKris said:

I want to get People Thoughts on Karma. especially, Group Karma. Families Who are Religious Nuts. A Grandmother Makes Her Daughter an Religious Nut, So when She Grows up She Has A  Son and Two Daughters. and then theirs Mother Teach Them That God is mean and Stuff Like that. So then They have Kids. Where Dose the Evil Stopped? It Keeps Going Down the Line.  

That's indoctrination not Karma.

There's no such thing as karma. There's chance, that's it. Sometimes it swings your way, sometimes it doesn't. 

If we were to refuse to teach religion to a child until said child attains the age of reason, religion would most likely be already gone today. As education becomes more widespread, religion will continue to recede until it finnally accepts redundancy, which is well overdue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2018 at 12:10 PM, StarMountainKid said:

Yes, all this is a great danger to society, any society. I guess I'm a religious nut myself, as no one seems to pay any attention to what I say in these threads. :) 

Who are you? 

:lol:

• Haha 1

On 8/19/2018 at 5:07 AM, pallidin said:

Apparently you are unfamiliar with the bizarre world of virtual particles and similar oddities of quantum reality.

But that's OK. It truly is hard to grasp.

No doubt about that.

With all due respect, your comment would suggest the same, but you have had many describe what we do understand in great detail. QM does not support the God idea, it illustrates the very opposite. God of the gaps is not a valid argument, its an opinion. 

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

With all due respect, your comment would suggest the same, but you have had many describe what we do understand in great detail. QM does not support the God idea, it illustrates the very opposite. God of the gaps is not a valid argument, its an opinion. 

So is the option to reject the rational obligation to believe and behave in accordance with who God is.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Will Due said:

So is the option to reject the rational obligation to believe and behave in accordance with who God is.

Horse*****. To place faith in something that is not demonstrably true (to all!) is not rational. In fact, it is the definition of irrationality.

You want me to believe in your verbal vomit? Have your alien god buddy show up at my place in 2 hours. If it does, I swear by the blood of my ancestors, I will post on here how you are a prophet of the one true god.

But until then, I am more than willing to listen to your lamearse excuse why that won't happen.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

QM does not support the idea of a God, nor does it dismiss it.

In fact, standardized QM refuses even to address that issue in the interest of neutrality as there have been and are a number of notable QM researchers whom are purportedly strongly "spiritual", but differ in "faith" Other's  are atheist or agnostic.

Neutrality in research is vital in order for research  to responsibly progress.

QM does not effort to prove or disprove "God"

Rather, QM continues to seek an understanding of the bizarre underlying functions of Nature.

EDIT: Please forgive for now my lack of SOURCE, but I've read that eminent mathemeticians and theoretical physicists have actually come to an estimate that we currently understand only 8% of reality.

Edited by pallidin

11 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

You want me to believe in your verbal vomit?

Not while you're eating your own Jodie. :lol:

Challenge not accepted Will? How unsurprising...….

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

There is no obligation, God is personal, as such God is a slave to your own imagination. The God idea has been corrected morally by man more than once. 

God only does what you imagine him too, and his will is that which you impose upon yourself like an imaginary boss or something. 

God doesn't exist Will. He is our own creation.