Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghostly monk photographed at Tintern Abbey

Black Monk

A ghostly sighting of a 'phantom monk' has been caught on a teenager's camera while she was exploring a Welsh abbey at night.

Urban explorer Rosie Boulton, 19, had seen 'ghostly orbs' before, but nothing like what she discovered at Tintern Abbey, Monmouthshire, Wales.

Rosie and several friends say they have always been fascinated by the paranormal and visit several haunted hot spots per week. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6038897/Teenager-captures-ghostly-apparition-monk-exploring-12th-century-abbey-night.html

• Like 1

Came across this photo online...

VWOfQhg.jpg

There is something there in the arch. Same shape as her ghost. I’ll see if I can find other photos that show more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

Here’s another...

gxPn5A9.jpg

Seems as though her ghostly monk is the door itself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

33 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

Here’s another...

gxPn5A9.jpg

Seems as though her ghostly monk is the door itself.

That certainly sounds like the leading theory on this one. How could the girl and the media outlet not even have bothered to look at the same view in daylight first before getting all excited? 

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

That certainly sounds like the leading theory on this one. How could the girl and the media outlet not even have bothered to look at the same view in daylight first before getting all excited? 

It’s the Daily Mail, they’ll print ANYTHING regarding the paranormal.  I can’t remember how many times I’ve seen photos that have used ghost apps in their articles. 

As for the girl, I have no idea. 

• Like 2

I can't decide which is more disturbing, the obviously fake ghost pic or the fact that they put a pinup of her next to it.

Just garbage all around.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

Look at the link lol!

Is this girl trying to pose to be a model. Such a odd way to pose lol

• Like 2

Solved, but i am sure we have had this before on here, same door, different person.

And what is she wearing? She has a t.shirt in one photo and photo 7 she is wearing 1/4 of a wedding dress. She goes exploring dressed in either of those outfits? Jeeze!!!

Utter attention seeker, thats all she is. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Look at the link lol!

Is this girl trying to pose to be a model. Such a odd way to pose lol

Not sure why they have a picture of her in  a t.shirt infront of some fake Mr Blobby balloons, whats that got to do with any of it?

As for the other outfit in pic 7, surely she did not go ghost hunting dressed like that! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Black Monk said:

A ghostly sighting of a 'phantom monk' has been caught on a teenager's camera while she was exploring a Welsh abbey at night.

Urban explorer Rosie Boulton, 19, had seen 'ghostly orbs' before, but nothing like what she discovered at Tintern Abbey, Monmouthshire, Wales.

Rosie and several friends say they have always been fascinated by the paranormal and visit several haunted hot spots per week. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6038897/Teenager-captures-ghostly-apparition-monk-exploring-12th-century-abbey-night.html

Lol. Explain yourself! 

12 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

This applies to most photos like this posted online. Thought you would have figured that out by now Big Papa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Timothy said:

This applies to most photos like this posted online. Thought you would have figured that out by now Big Papa.

Each case can be quite different is actually my opinion Big Tim.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Each case can be quite different is actually my opinion Big Tim.

Yeah but how many are like this. Don’t even try and deny it. 

8 hours ago, Timothy said:

Yeah but how many are like this. Don’t even try and deny it. 

I would put this one in the lowest 10% for debunking effort. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I never really came here for the paranormal, I just like to argue about politics and such but this one is the silliest I've seen in the nearly 7 years I've been here.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, and then said:

I never really came here for the paranormal, I just like to argue about politics and such but this one is the silliest I've seen in the nearly 7 years I've been here.

Well actually, without the input of @SecretSanta on this one we would not have been the wiser and it would have ended in the usual contention. I give credit where credit is due even to an often adversary.

Would it have seemed so silly without that input? It seems rather unlikely that someone actually knew that bit of information.

Edited by papageorge1

I tend to be overly skeptical on most of these claims, anyway, so yes it would have been pretty obvious what we were seeing there.  I don't necessarily dismiss all claims without some investigation but most are just hard to believe.

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

It was already debunked by the time I got here, and I don’t have a time machine. 

46 minutes ago, Timothy said:

It was already debunked by the time I got here, and I don’t have a time machine. 

You misunderstood me. I wasn't talking about you personally debunking it. Assuming the debunking pictures are genuine, I meant the photographer and the media outlet should have made a modicum of effort to debunk.

• Like 1