Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woken up by being poked in the stomach

CarrieLee

Hello everyone. 

First, let me start by saying I'm perfectly well (mentally) and a pretty well balanced girl. But something woke me up from a deep sleep this morning by poking me in my stomach/ribs with three sharp pokes. 

I've never experienced anything "paranormal" that I know of but THIS, this wasn't normal. When it happened I was immediately wide awake and clear headed. 

Has anyone experienced this? Co fused and a little spooked....

Edited by CarrieLee

I've had a lot of paranormal things happen to me over the years, including being woken in different manners by who knows,It may just have been wind you've experienced or could be something else.

• Like 1

The closest story I can say is my brother claimed he was woken up by being flipping around onto his stomach once.  I didn't see it, so I can't say if he was just telling a story or not, but all of us(my immediate family) has experienced some strange things growing up.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, openozy said:

I've had a lot of paranormal things happen to me over the years, including being woken in different manners by who knows,It may just have been wind you've experienced or could be something else.

Thanks for responding so quickly 

I'm not sure what you mean when you say " wind that I've experienced" 

Mind elaborating?

4 minutes ago, Timothy said:

@CarrieLee, probably just something https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnopompic related.

And @openozy has claimed some very bizarre stuff, just a heads up. 

Thanks Timothy, for the link. This made a lot of sense to me. I'm not one to be convinced of other wordly happenings but the experience I had this morning was very different. Not scary....just interesting. Thank you

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CarrieLee said:

But something woke me up from a deep sleep this morning by poking me in my stomach/ribs with three sharp pokes. 

I've never experienced anything "paranormal" that I know of but THIS, this wasn't normal. When it happened I was immediately wide awake and clear headed. 

You must be the only person to be "immediately wide awake and clear headed" after being suddenly awakened "from a deep sleep".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CarrieLee said:

Hello everyone. 

First, let me start by saying I'm perfectly well (mentally) and a pretty well balanced girl. But something woke me up from a deep sleep this morning by poking me in my stomach/ribs with three sharp pokes. 

After decades of interest in the paranormal, I have come to think that these events are rare but not 'that rare'. I believe non-physical entities can certainly do such things.

Normal explanations are sleep imaginations and some type of physical problem (intestinal, nerve, muscular, etc.).

Only you know the experience and you've been with your body your whole lifetime and you seem to think this was not in the realm of the 'normal'. As this was only a one-time experience I would say you just have to chalk it up to an Unexplained Mystery.

• Like 1

Gas pains? I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel those on occasion and they can feel just like that.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, CarrieLee said:

Thanks for responding so quickly 

I'm not sure what you mean when you say " wind that I've experienced" 

Mind elaborating?

I meant it could be just a sharp stomach pain,gas.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Timothy said:

@CarrieLee, probably just something https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnopompic related.

And @openozy has claimed some very bizarre stuff, just a heads up. 

Bizarre but true.And very applicable for the site Unexplained Mysteries.Skeptics seem to get frustrated when there's no scientific explanation,they just need to think outside the square.

Edited by openozy

9 hours ago, acute said:

You must be the only person to be "immediately wide awake and clear headed" after being suddenly awakened "from a deep sleep".

You sound skeptical and offer nothing resembling any kind of help. But I'll go ahead and respond just for kicks. 

I woke up wide awake from a deep sleep which I found odd as well. So strange that I mentioned it when I was explaining my experience. 

Acute pain will awaken you fully, quickly.Not a pun.

Edited by openozy
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, CarrieLee said:

When it happened I was immediately wide awake and clear 

You may well have been, but at the time it happened you were in a deep sleep. Could well have been gas pain or wind or it could have been a hypnagogic jerk, you believe you felt like you were being poked, but when asleep our minds can play some pretty scary tricks on us.

do you remember what you were dreaming about? You could have been dreaming about something on the lines of being poked or stabbed, hence why you suddenly woke up. 

you were not in pain or had any marks on you. It is posible you were passing wind while you were in a deep sleep, it could have manifested into being poked, and then....the hypnagogic jerk.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

You may well have been, but at the time it happened you were in a deep sleep. Could well have been gas pain or wind or it could have been a hypnagogic jerk, you believe you felt like you were being poked, but when asleep our minds can play some pretty scary tricks on us.

do you remember what you were dreaming about? You could have been dreaming about something on the lines of being poked or stabbed, hence why you suddenly woke up. 

you were not in pain or had any marks on you. It is posible you were passing wind while you were in a deep sleep, it could have manifested into being poked, and then....the hypnagogic jerk.

That's a great point. Funny but maybe true! I don't remember my dream but it's interesting that you brought that up because afterwards, when I fell back asleep I had a very disturbing nightmare which I don't usually have.

Thank you for the input I appreciate it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, openozy said:

Bizarre but true.And very applicable for the site Unexplained Mysteries.Skeptics seem to get frustrated when there's no scientific explanation,they just need to think outside the square.

I don’t get frustrated when there’s no scientific explanation, if there’s no scientific explanation then yes it’s an unknown, but our universe is pretty amazing and I don’t need fantastical explanations.

Anyways, OP’s experience does have a scientific explanation, so what are you even trying to say?

Yes your stories are true in your memory, but so bizarre and lacking any evidence that I’m pretty confident that you didn’t see a gnome eating roadkill while driving at night in NSW, Australia decades ago. We asked more questions, you failed to answer them. So don’t blame the sceptics for not believing your fantasies.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Timothy said:

I don’t get frustrated when there’s no scientific explanation, if there’s no scientific explanation then yes it’s an unknown, but our universe is pretty amazing and I don’t need fantastical explanations.

Anyways, OP’s experience does have a scientific explanation, so what are you even trying to say?

Yes your stories are true in your memory, but so bizarre and lacking any evidence that I’m pretty confident that you didn’t see a gnome eating roadkill while driving at night in NSW, Australia decades ago. We asked more questions, you failed to answer them. So don’t blame the sceptics for not believing your fantasies.

Your opinion of what I saw is irrelevant to me and worthless information to the forum.

Banishment works on that kind of stuff.

Just use something from your own belief system, or you can find the LBRP on youtube.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, openozy said:

Your opinion of what I saw is irrelevant to me and worthless information to the forum.

Ouch. 

*What I thought I saw.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, openozy said:

And, thusly, all of your unsupported (and unbelievable, with good reason) tales are of exactly equal value. 

• Like 3

Feeling touched with no physical cause is a known form of hallucination, also involuntary movements. Hallucinations of course can effect all of the senses.

3 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

And, thusly, all of your unsupported (and unbelievable, with good reason) tales are of exactly equal value. 

Slight tinge of jealousy in that statement.

On 8/18/2018 at 4:05 AM, CarrieLee said:

Hello everyone. 

Muscle twitches. I get them, a lot now since having my gut cut in half in surgery. Yes, I experience them, and describe them exactly how you just did.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, openozy said:

Acute pain will awaken you fully, quickly.Not a pun.

Not true. Had my gut cut open about 5 months ago. Wide open, muscle and all. Talk about pain during recovery. It would wake me, but not fully awake, and sometimes enought to let out a moan to wake my wife. She said I would moan through out the night. I was never fully awaken. I was tired as hell.

There are people who believe these are sleep paralysis/hypnagogia type events, thoughtforms/tulpas, or even actual entities like ghosts/demons/archons.

Whatever you believe about it, banishment works. 

So if it is in fact just some altered sleep state...it is still affected by affecting the psyche. 

• Like 1