Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Uncle Sam

CNN Attempted to Dox Jurors

44 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Uncle Sam
Posted (edited)

You got to be ****ting me here CNN, **** you, you have no right to put these people's lives in danger! Pardon my language, but this makes me so mad! Playing with people's lives, threatening them and even going as far as putting them in danger!?

Quote

 

In a motion filed in federal court on Thursday, CNN and several other media outlets requested that the court release the names and home addresses of all jurors in the Paul Manafort fraud case. Jurors haven not yet rendered a verdict on any of the 18 charges against Manafort, who briefly served as President Donald Trump’s campaign manager in 2016.

The motion — filed on behalf of CNN, Washington Post, BuzzFeed, POLITICO, New York Times, NBC Universal, and the Associated Press — asks the court to provide to the media organizations the full names and home addresses of the men and women who were summoned and selected by the federal government to serve as jurors in Manafort’s fraud case.

For More, Click Here

 

The jurors have the right to privacy!

Also the judge is getting constant death threats to the point he needs federal protection!

Manafort Judge Under Federal Protection

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then

Is it going to require actual dead bodies because of media meddling before someone says ENOUGH?  The First Amendment is a shield for free speech by the press but I'm guessing that it isn't bullet-proof.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam
Posted (edited)

If they release them, and harm or death come to a juror, then CNN should be held liable. I believe this is more of an attempt by CNN to sway the jury into a guilty verdict.

Knowing that jury deliberations began on Wednesday, and by Wednesday evening there was not a slam dunk guilty verdict, CNN files for the release of all the jurors information on Thursday.

Early Thursday evening, members of the jury asked the judge a series of questions about the case and the legal threshold for proving guilt, including a definition of what “reasonable doubt” meant. Many outside legal experts interpreted the question as being good news for Manafort’s defense team and bad news for the prosecution.

Basically CNN is opening up a venue for the jurors to be targeted or killed, based on their verdict.

 

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wickian

I'm not really a fan of the Federalist, but if this is true the federal government should HEAVILY punish CNN for obstruction of justice.  Any kind of intentional pressure on the jury like this is grounds for a mistrial which is a costly and time consuming affair.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

wow, definitely no deep state, lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam
15 minutes ago, aztek said:

wow, definitely no deep state, lol

<shhhhh, not too loud>

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

I don't know about looking for deep state, an irresponsible and self serving press is enough.  Either way the verdict goes, there will be some crazies that don't like it.  Its a no win for the juries.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener

This is crazy. What justification could the Media POSSIBLY have for publishing the names and addresses of JURORS ? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

Another non-issue made into one...

Nevertheless, although the Supreme Court has never directly addressed the issue, it is generally believed that journalists and the public possess the right of access to juror names. Courts have found this right by invoking federal and state statutes, local court rules, the common law, and the First Amendment.

https://www.rcfp.org/browse-media-law-resources/news-media-law/news-media-and-law-fall-2015/identifying-jury

The judge can certainly decide that in this very high profile case it may be in the best interest of the jurors to have their information kept private.

That said, it's hardly outrageous for the press to request the information.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

Another non-issue made into one...

Nevertheless, although the Supreme Court has never directly addressed the issue, it is generally believed that journalists and the public possess the right of access to juror names. Courts have found this right by invoking federal and state statutes, local court rules, the common law, and the First Amendment.

https://www.rcfp.org/browse-media-law-resources/news-media-law/news-media-and-law-fall-2015/identifying-jury

The judge can certainly decide that in this very high profile case it may be in the best interest of the jurors to have their information kept private.

That said, it's hardly outrageous for the press to request the information.

Hardly outrageous ? It's INSANE. 

What POSSIBLE purpose does it serve ? Who benefits from this knowledge ? The ONLY people I could see benefiting would be criminals trying to threaten the jurors. It is MADNESS.

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GlitterRose said:

Another non-issue made into one...

Nevertheless, although the Supreme Court has never directly addressed the issue, it is generally believed that journalists and the public possess the right of access to juror names. Courts have found this right by invoking federal and state statutes, local court rules, the common law, and the First Amendment.

https://www.rcfp.org/browse-media-law-resources/news-media-law/news-media-and-law-fall-2015/identifying-jury

The judge can certainly decide that in this very high profile case it may be in the best interest of the jurors to have their information kept private.

That said, it's hardly outrageous for the press to request the information.

In this case there is a very high chance these jurors will be threatened and harassed, just like the judge presiding over this case, should their information be made public. CNN knows this, but does reporting "news" take precedence over someones well being or life? http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-manafort-trial-deliberates-20180817-story.html

That said, another reason CNN might be requesting this information is to check the political affiliation of the jurors. Suppose 9 republicans and 3 Democrats are on the jury and Manafort walks free from some, or all. We know where this will lead.

That said, I agree: The judge can certainly decide that in this very high profile case it may be in the best interest of the jurors to have their information kept private.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jury-seated-manafort-trial/story?id=56943112

 

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor

Yeah, in a politicized case like this, keeping their names secret would be for the best.  They are going to get death threats whether they find him innocent or guilty- by both sides of the spectrum.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee

 

from the Daily Caller link in the OP...
 

BREAKING: #Manaforttrial judge won’t release names of jurors citing safety reasons. Says he is under 24/7 US Marshals protection after threats and said “I had no idea this case excited this emotion in the public.”

 

It would have been madness to release the names etc of the Jurors.... their lives would have been hell from then on...
if they delivered a not guilty verdict ...

if they didn't get attacked or killed they could have been refused service at shops, garages, restaurants etc
and had their families intimidated as well.... 

such is the political climate that has been engineered by the Anti Trump Brigade...

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
Just now, bee said:

 

“I had no idea this case excited this emotion in the public.”

 

 

eh.... what.... where has he been for the last two (ish) years...?. :huh:

not on the UM forum that's for sure... :D

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

I think people should be talking about how a sitting POTUS is trying to influence a non-sequestered jury.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
1 hour ago, GlitterRose said:

I think people should be talking about how a sitting POTUS is trying to influence a non-sequestered jury.

No, I think people should be talking about how a media outlet is trying to subvert the judicial system. 

If those names are released, how do you think the extremists will react? The judge is ALREADY getting death threats. What do you think will happen to the jurors? Nothing? It’ll be all be daisies and cupcakes because no one would want to revenge themselves against the jurors if the trial doesn’t go the way they want it to, no. Not in this calm, dare I say placid and loving, political climate. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Sam
1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

No, I think people should be talking about how a media outlet is trying to subvert the judicial system. 

If those names are released, how do you think the extremists will react? The judge is ALREADY getting death threats. What do you think will happen to the jurors? Nothing? It’ll be all be daisies and cupcakes because no one would want to revenge themselves against the jurors if the trial doesn’t go the way they want it to, no. Not in this calm, dare I say placid and loving, political climate. 

Well said. I surprised no one has learned that the left are violent and willing to put people's lives in harms way to get what they want. We been seeing this type of actions for more than two years, CNN in the forefront of this and sometimes they directly tell the mobs where to go and who to attack. UGH!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Sam
4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Yeah, in a politicized case like this, keeping their names secret would be for the best.  They are going to get death threats whether they find him innocent or guilty- by both sides of the spectrum.

I am glad we agree on something Gromdor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
6 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I don't know about looking for deep state, an irresponsible and self serving press is enough.  Either way the verdict goes, there will be some crazies that don't like it.  Its a no win for the juries.

Respectfully, it's a no-win for ANY of US.  This is all being driven by that same media behavior.  On any given day you choose, you can canvas the major media outlets - CNN, MSNBC, Fox, CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, NPR,  and a majority of print and electronic sources and you will find nearly every one of them are carrying the same story(completely normal occurrence) but with the same SLANT and reporting with a biased spin.  Often, even the same wording is used.  This is not news reporting, this is the propagation and dissemination of propaganda.  No serious person can deny the factual basis of that statement.  

My question is, who is crafting the message that they are using to move public opinion?  

FTR, I expect CNN to keep digging until they get what they want, even if it happens after the verdict.  They'll find a jury member that disagreed or is disaffected for some reason and will publish all the facts about the other jurors that they can find.  The message will be delivered that if you vote the wrong way in a future trial, we're coming for you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
2 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

I think people should be talking about how a sitting POTUS is trying to influence a non-sequestered jury.

Fair enough.  I agree that he should respect the proceedings as well.  While I don't automatically ascribe a devious motive to him, he or his advisers should know better.  It isn't apt to help and could only provide a legal team some ammo for a mistrial or appeal.  Remember that this is just Manafort's first trial as a result of Mueller's inquisition.  He has several more charges that will be tried in the D.C. area.  I'm willing to go out on a limb and predict he's guaranteed to be convicted of those due to a heavily anti-Trump jury pool.  

Make no mistake, this legal action against Manafort is designed to send a message to all future campaign managers that THEY TOO better have squeaky-clean backgrounds because if they beat an establishment candidate, they'll be brutalized publically and drained of any assets they've managed to accrue.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Sam
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, and then said:

Respectfully, it's a no-win for ANY of US.  This is all being driven by that same media behavior.  On any given day you choose, you can canvas the major media outlets - CNN, MSNBC, Fox, CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, NPR,  and a majority of print and electronic sources and you will find nearly every one of them are carrying the same story(completely normal occurrence) but with the same SLANT and reporting with a biased spin.  Often, even the same wording is used.  This is not news reporting, this is the propagation and dissemination of propaganda.  No serious person can deny the factual basis of that statement.  

My question is, who is crafting the message that they are using to move public opinion?  

FTR, I expect CNN to keep digging until they get what they want, even if it happens after the verdict.  They'll find a jury member that disagreed or is disaffected for some reason and will publish all the facts about the other jurors that they can find.  The message will be delivered that if you vote the wrong way in a future trial, we're coming for you.

That is jury intimidation, they even did it to a old lady who voted for Trump, made her life a living hell. If you don't rule a certain way or you don't vote a certain I want you too, we will release your information to the angry mob. The angry mob will then call up their work places in attempts to get them fired, hound them outside their homes, attack them when they are alone, and send death threats to their family members. This happen to numerous people who have been doxed by the left and the mainstream media; remember the case of the Meme creator being doxxed by CNN?

9 minutes ago, and then said:

Fair enough.  I agree that he should respect the proceedings as well.  While I don't automatically ascribe a devious motive to him, he or his advisers should know better.  It isn't apt to help and could only provide a legal team some ammo for a mistrial or appeal.  Remember that this is just Manafort's first trial as a result of Mueller's inquisition.  He has several more charges that will be tried in the D.C. area.  I'm willing to go out on a limb and predict he's guaranteed to be convicted of those due to a heavily anti-Trump jury pool.  

Make no mistake, this legal action against Manafort is designed to send a message to all future campaign managers that THEY TOO better have squeaky-clean backgrounds because if they beat an establishment candidate, they'll be brutalized publically and drained of any assets they've managed to accrue.  

It is designed to get him to make a plea bargain to Mueller, the plea bargain would be he would have to give up any criminal activity among Trump's associates, Trump's Family, or the Trump himself. Police also do the same with drug users, drug dealers, and the drug cartel. It is called fishing for a crime in attempt to move up the chain of command. They also have resorted to entrapment multiple times if you have paid attention to what Mueller has been doing before the investigation and after the start of the Russian Collusion investigation. He isn't looking for Russian collusion, he is looking for any excuse to have the president impeached from office. If he was looking for Russian collusion charges, he would stayed within the scope of investigation, but the trail is evidence he expanded the investigation way beyond the initial investigation's scope. This is why congress is pressing the FBI and DOJ to release the scope of the investigation, but they have been stonewalled and slowed walked by the FBI the whole entire time. Mueller is racing against congress and the release of scope in attempt to get anything he cane to use against president Trump, anyone saying otherwise is fooling themselves since is clear his objective. I like to see who is financing his efforts. Is it the Democrats or is it something entirely else? Following the money will give us a broader picture of what is going on...

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
34 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

Well said. I surprised no one has learned that the left are violent and willing to put people's lives in harms way to get what they want. We been seeing this type of actions for more than two years, CNN in the forefront of this and sometimes they directly tell the mobs where to go and who to attack. UGH!

Not just the left, I can imagine the right extremists going after the jurors if they indict Manafort.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

hound them outside their homes, attack them when they are alone, and send death threats to their family members.

Legislation should be crafted to hold people like this to account because if it isn't there will eventually be a reckoning by other means.  If a bunch of strangers came up and started running their mouths or threatening my family and law enforcement told me they had a legal right to do it, someone would get badly hurt, eventually.  When mobs are allowed to go unchecked, anarchy follows.  I think we can agree that anarchy helps no one and it doesn't favor one group over another, it just leads to violence that becomes indiscriminate.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Sam
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Not just the left, I can imagine the right extremists going after the jurors if they indict Manafort.

9 times out of 10 it is the left. Rarely see any instances of the right attacking back. To be honest, the right's spine is pretty weak. We are more likely to see them just b**** about it with death threats from the unhinged (Both sides have crazies) and then they will move onto the next issue that is facing them.  The right barely stands their grounds on issues when the law comes down. They respect the law too much.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Not just the left, I can imagine the right extremists going after the jurors if they indict Manafort.

Just a point of clarification, Hats.  This is an actual trial, not a Grand Jury deliberating charges.  If convicted by this jury, he will receive prison time and possibly crippling fines.  I didn't follow this trial because I don't think it's anything more than Mueller's Mafiosi tactics to force Manafort's compliance in helping to get at Trump world.  That said, if the evidence is to be trusted, he's a tax cheat and is no better than anyone else to face the music.

As to Right-leaning extremists, it's possible but I wouldn't bet on it.  Not for THIS trial, anyway.  The one he'll face in DC in September may bring some out of the woodwork.  He's going to be treated to a full-scale media spectacle with that one due to the venue where the jury will be selected.  That portion of the legal actions against him is guaranteed to be a loss.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.