Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

You can now buy a holographic 'wife' in Japan

UM-Bot

The Japanese situation is weird!

They have a relatively huge population of single seniors, and the younger men aren't the slightest bit interested in dating a real woman.

Edited by acute
  • Like 3

Yeah, it seems like a continual effort to replace real wives.

For example, they are also on the worlds leading-edge of sex-bot technology, mostly geared towards men.

Strange lot they are.

6 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Strange lot they are.

"Strange lot they are."  ...

Oh the brits or Aussies well yeah that's a given.

Just nose in the Enquirer rag and bat boy stories etc. sometime.  Silly lot indeed no end to it.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

And to be realistic, doesn't it have to be programmed to "nag" you as soon as you walk through the door?

"Where have you been?????????"

"What took you so long????????"

:lol:

Snap... I'm in trouble with the Mod's now...

>>> Prepare for Post deletion <<<

Edited by pallidin
  • Haha 4

Its hardly a 'wife', but I actually kind of like the idea of a little virtual friend. Especially for the disabled and elderly, who often tend to be shut-ins.

As for the topic of Japan... Part of the problem behind the 'dating scene' is that apparently things are still fairly sexist there towards women. So women are forced to choose between totally giving up their lives to look after the entire family, and having their own lives. So most are choosing to live their own lives.

as someone who works from home, and uses the Amazon Alexa and smart house components on a daily basis. I like the technology behind this. More for a sociable and visually interactive personal assistant however. But as a replacement for a wife or girlfriend... nah. nothing like ice cold feet in the middle of your back to wake you up in the middle of winter just when your nice and warm and nearly asleep...

• Haha 2

I think I would like to have a robotic dog, could be fun, and would avoid the downsides of real dogs such as pooping or peeing.

Nothing beats tickling and rubbing a real doggy tummy though, same goes for a wife I should say ...

~

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Won't be a few more decades we'll have Holodecks like in Star Trek. And, humans will holof@@k themselves out of existence.

10 hours ago, third_eye said:

Nothing beats tickling and rubbing a real doggy tummy though, same goes for a wife I should say ...

~

I wonder how long it'll take before there is decent simulation of that. 

Ah well. Maybe it'll cut down on overpopulation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think people are short-sighted about it, though, if they're mostly focusing on wives.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

I wonder how long it'll take before there is decent simulation of that. 

Ah well. Maybe it'll cut down on overpopulation. 

There's already more than decent simulation systems available now, its just a matter of getting the production costs down.

~

Why touch can be such a creepy sensation in VR | Science News

Apr 18, 2018 - There's a fine line between immersive and unnerving when it comes to touch sensation in virtual reality. More realistic tactile feedback in VR ...
~

Virtual Touch: Inside Technology That Makes VR Feel Real – Rolling ...

Sep 13, 2016 - Virtual Touch: Inside Technology That Makes VR Feel Real .... All of these sensations are constantly streaming to your brain. Even though the ...

~

Oct 3, 2014 - Virtual reality is so much more than visuals, but most of what we're used to seeing is little more than ...

~

• Like 1

Just now, third_eye said:

There's already more than decent simulation systems available now, its just a matter of getting the production costs down.

Virtual schmirtual.

I want something that can fix stuff and take out the trash.

• Haha 4

Imagine if it could fix the roof?

That thing would pay for itself in no time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

Virtual schmirtual.

I want something that can fix stuff and take out the trash.

~

2 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

Imagine if it could fix the roof?

That thing would pay for itself in no time.

~

Holograph and virtual kinda goes hand in hand, the systems now are decent enough to be indecent I should say ... what you want is ...

Ta Daaaa !!!

~

[00.00:34]

~

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Can I have Caroline Munro, in her prime, as mine? (Sorry at work so I can't attach a pic.) You can Google her.  I'm sure our UK friends may know her.

Edited by paperdyer
  • Like 1

And where are the digital husbands?!

Joking aside I gotta say that some part of me finds this pretty scary.
Another part of me finds it sensible.
And another sort of sad.

And another is now exited about the idea of something like holodecs, just for the story telling possibilities.

I am already all digital if not totally binary, practically virtual, one might say

~

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I am already all digital if not totally binary, practically virtual, one might say

~

Don't think they've invented a pretty three-eyed holographic mademoiselle for you yet.  Maybe in version 2.0. :yes:

• Haha 1

1k+ for a virtual??? That is way cheaper than the real thing. Too bad she can't make a sandwhich....or mow the yard.....

I bet they wont invent mother-inlaw robot (like all their other rubber skinned droids that all run for about 10 minutes and then need a 40 hour charge)

But unlike China, (who seem to copy anything not nailed down) at least Japan tries out new ideas - even if they do often go over the top.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mark One said:

But unlike China, (who seem to copy anything not nailed down) at least Japan tries out new ideas - even if they do often go over the top.

Agree, I also have to say ((with capitals) ALWAYS! polite and cordial and always trying other ways than what's in the lab oh and PUNCTUAL! in capitals and yes here and there an odd one but what place is absolutely perfect on this rock eh!?!?!