Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ICE arrested a man driving his pregnant wife

acidhead

On 8/19/2018 at 1:49 PM, third_eye said:

I think the core of the headline here is that the whole sordid situation was not handled as well as some might hope for, a woman was in distress, about to give birth, arrest the fugitive by all means, but at least spare some thought to ensure that the woman and her unborn child is safely arrived at the destination/s, she should not have been left is such a lurch. Thankfully she arrived safely and her child safely delivered too. They were not criminals. its just common sense.

Come to think of it, if this had ended any other way near tragically, it would have been more than a black eye for ICE

She had a cesarean appointment.  A doctor's appointment to have a baby not in labor.  The husband is wanted for murder.  Trying to verify news can be fun and enlightening.  Try it.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Or you could google it to view many different reports, from the various news sources, to form your own opinion.

Someone would have to be living in a cave not to have heard about this.

Read about it as the feed hit. I'm a news junkie and don't have cable but do have several right-left-middle and foreign news sites with notifications turned on. Saw the headline and instantly thought "Whoa, that's cold". I read a few articles off google and yahoo while seeing all their GD targeted ads and finally getting to the part at the end where they said "Oh yeah" he was a scumbag wanted for murder" But not all said that at first. It's a game but not one in which we get to play. We just get played. Oh and F google. DDG it. 

37 minutes ago, kapow53 said:

She had a cesarean appointment.  A doctor's appointment to have a baby not in labor.  The husband is wanted for murder.  Trying to verify news can be fun and enlightening.  Try it.

Regardless, the woman was treated without consideration due to the circumstance that is disparaging to herself and her unborn child, try understanding what you verified, it can distance yourself from the hypocrisy that is practically dripping from your idea of fun

~

• Confused 1

On 8/19/2018 at 12:49 PM, third_eye said:

I think the core of the headline here is that the whole sordid situation was not handled as well as some might hope for, a woman was in distress, about to give birth, arrest the fugitive by all means, but at least spare some thought to ensure that the woman and her unborn child is safely arrived at the destination/s, she should not have been left is such a lurch. Thankfully she arrived safely and her child safely delivered too. They were not criminals. its just common sense.

Come to think of it, if this had ended any other way near tragically, it would have been more than a black eye for ICE

I think it was handled well. The Illegal immigrant murder suspect was arrested caught off guard at a gas station. You know rather than say having an armed standoff at their home where he might have held his pregnant GF as a hostage and before they arrived at the Hospital where there would have been hundreds of potential hostages if the guy wanted to go down fighting. As for the pregnant woman it was an appointment for a C-section. At worst she could have simply rescheduled the C-Section for the next day. She obviously was not in any distress or a freakin ambulance could have been called if that were the case, but she was fine and simply drove on to the appointment.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

Regardless, the woman was treated without consideration due to the circumstance that is disparaging to herself and her unborn child, try understanding what you verified, it can distance yourself from the hypocrisy that is practically dripping from your idea of fun

~

Matey, we’re talking about American Police here. She’s lucky they didn’t shoot her because she scared them.  

~

What circumstances ? What do you mean "disparaging to herself and her unborn child" ? 

• Like 1

So all murderers who happen to get someone pregnant should be able to roam free? Should she have given birth while her husband is in handcuffs and armed guards are watching? I think that would be even more stressful.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

I think it was handled well. The Illegal immigrant murder suspect was arrested caught off guard at a gas station. You know rather than say having an armed standoff at their home where he might have held his pregnant GF as a hostage and before they arrived at the Hospital where there would have been hundreds of potential hostages if the guy wanted to go down fighting. As for the pregnant woman it was an appointment for a C-section. At worst she could have simply rescheduled the C-Section for the next day. She obviously was not in any distress or a freakin ambulance could have been called if that were the case, but she was fine and simply drove on to the appointment.  

You are operating on a biased premise bent of a set of predetermined outcome, it could have been handled better doesn't hurt anybody, presenting flimsy excuses is worse for PR especially ICE

~

1 minute ago, skliss said:

So all murderers who happen to get someone pregnant should be able to roam free? Should she have given birth while her husband is in handcuffs and armed guards are watching? I think that would be even more stressful.

You are pleading an appeal to ignorance, I am sorry but you will garner none of such from me    

~

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Matey, we’re talking about American Police here. She’s lucky they didn’t shoot her because she scared them.  

POst hoc, ergo propter hoc Sir Hats ... I lack the strength to pursue a meaningless question

~

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

What circumstances ? What do you mean "disparaging to herself and her unborn child" ? 

Non sequitur ... Roofie ... observational selection can  only carry you so far

~

Those who invalidate reason ought seriously to consider whether they argue against reason with or without reason.

Ethan Allen

4 hours ago, third_eye said:

~

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Non sequitur ... Roofie ... observational selection can  only carry you so far

It is not a non-sequitur; I'm quoting you directly ?  .

• Like 1

Umm... I fail to see how what I said was a case of “post hoc, ergo propter hoc”. It was more a case of a fortiori.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, third_eye said:

You are pleading an appeal to ignorance, I am sorry but you will garner none of such from me

In other words, no answer...that's fine, you are backed into a corner. I notice you didn't answer anyone else either. Again, no good situation here and not all actions and facts are known.

I'm curious as to what you think they should have done....follow them to the hospital and arrest him a ) in the parking lot, b ) in the delivery room, c ) right after the baby is born d ) arrest him at home in front of his other 4 children.

This guy is a known murderer...it's conceivable he carried a weapon on him. At home he could use his children as hostages. In the hospital he could use staff or even his newborn baby. 

Should they just let him go?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skliss said:

In other words, no answer...that's fine, you are backed into a corner. I notice you didn't answer anyone else either. Again, no good situation here and not all actions and facts are known.

I'm curious as to what you think they should have done....follow them to the hospital and arrest him a ) in the parking lot, b ) in the delivery room, c ) right after the baby is born d ) arrest him at home in front of his other 4 children.

This guy is a known murderer...it's conceivable he carried a weapon on him. At home he could use his children as hostages. In the hospital he could use staff or even his newborn baby. 

Third Eye doesn't have an answer.   All he thinks he knows is that ICE is evil and they tried to put a pregnant woman in jeopardy. 

He's trolling.   Very poorly, but trolling.  

• Like 2

Well, ICE do have a reputation for pursuing illegal aliens vigorously. I mean... they're even on the moon, according to this article ? 

• Haha 4

On 8/22/2018 at 5:58 PM, RoofGardener said:

It is not a non-sequitur; I'm quoting you directly ?  .

Where you were attempting to go with this ...

~

On 8/22/2018 at 3:30 PM, RoofGardener said:

What circumstances ?

~

I am rather busy with the Hungry Ghost Festivities but as soon as I appease the good brothers of the underworld ...

~

On 8/22/2018 at 6:22 PM, skliss said:

No, you should read without your heavily biased shades on the little details ...

~

Remembering a great American ... yeah ... I'm also baby sitting a lot of the toddlers while the elders are organising the Festivities

~

[01.09:30]

~

On 8/22/2018 at 6:18 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Umm... I fail to see how what I said was a case of “post hoc, ergo propter hoc”. It was more a case of a fortiori.

You were a bit late to the party Sir Hats ... so ergo propter hoc,the persona non grata was to be hung 

~

Post hoc ergo propter hoc (Latin: "after this, therefore because of this") is a logical fallacythat states "Since event Y followed event X, event Y must have been caused by event X.

there were no consequential thinking involved in my comment “she was lucky, she could have been shot!” Therefore it wasn’t a logical fallacy. More a rhetorical gambit akin to “reducto ad absurdium” wherein I adopt an absurd extreme in order to end a debate.

13 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Where you were attempting to go with this ...

I don't know Third_eye. you posted that ICE's actions "disparaged the woman and her child". When I asked you to explain this, you went off accusing me of posting a non-sequitur ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Post hoc ergo propter hoc (Latin: "after this, therefore because of this") is a logical fallacythat states "Since event Y followed event X, event Y must have been caused by event X.

there were no consequential thinking involved in my comment “she was lucky, she could have been shot!” Therefore it wasn’t a logical fallacy. More a rhetorical gambit akin to “reducto ad absurdium” wherein I adopt an absurd extreme in order to end a debate.

I was already post hoc Sir Hats ... :lol:

~

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I don't know Third_eye. you posted that ICE's actions "disparaged the woman and her child". When I asked you to explain this, you went off accusing me of posting a non-sequitur ? 

I was preempting your line of reasonings to save us both the time and twisted fallacies ...

~

Now if you kind people will excuse me ... I have a good game of footie on the telly to get back to, Wolves are coping well in the EPL ...

~

On 8/18/2018 at 11:21 PM, papageorge1 said:

We are at the stage where people fall for inflammatory headlines. I am one now to be more suspicious than believing of the image presented in the headlines. A headline like that immediately produces a suspicion of left-wing bias in me given my overall impression of the place of today's media on the immigration issue.

An evil Trump-led ICE is the image that sells best right now.

Hmm very interesting

Edited by 3rdeyemansa24

I was preempting your line of reasonings to save us both the time and twisted fallacies ...

Ooh right.. excellent. 

Sooooooo.... you can pre-empt us ALL, and then there would be no need for debate ? 

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Ooh right.. excellent. 

Sooooooo.... you can pre-empt us ALL, and then there would be no need for debate ? 

If you were intending to 'debate' as you so intrinsically claim as such, you would have known that the hardliners vehement demands that was to be no debating allowed, which in effect establishes the fact that debating anything here was the last thing that is accommodating to your nefarious intentions.

~

On 8/22/2018 at 4:53 AM, third_eye said:

worse for PR especially ICE

Those who support border restrictions/enforcement won't be bothered by this non-story.  We're used to being called all sorts of vile names because of our stance.  That's the problem that those on the hard Left have... after a while, the hype becomes hysteria, then just boring repetition.  Neither the woman nor her 5th child was harmed.  My guess is that its murderer-father might have a problem if he's extradited back to Mehico...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Ooh right.. excellent. 

Its as if someone is begging, loudly and persuasively, to be put on your ignore list. 

Trust me, its best if you do. It helps filter out the white noise. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 11:28 AM, and then said:

Neither the woman nor her 5th child was harmed. 

That is the bottom line.   In fact, they were removed from the presence of an illegal and a murderer. 

• Thanks 1