Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Raptor Witness

John Brennan Stripped of Security Clearance

68 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Raptor Witness
Posted (edited)
Statement from the President - Wednesday, August 15, 2018

As the head of the executive branch and Commander in Chief, I have a unique, Constitutional
responsibility to protect the Nation’s classified information, including by controlling access to it.
Today, in fulfilling that responsibility, I have decided to revoke the security clearance of John
Brennan, former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).
_____________________________________________________________________

This is one of the more ballsy moves that I've seen from this President, which I'm sure is good for his fan base.  Trump can't poison his former spy turncoats with Novichok like Putin did, but he can poison his enemies in other ways.

John Brennan told Rachel Maddow Friday night that the reason he called President Trump a "traitor," after the disastrous Helsinki meeting, was because "sometimes my Irish comes out."  Which makes me wonder, I wonder what happened to people on John Brennan's enemies list? Torture? Secret concentration camps overseas?

The US Intelligence community is getting a taste of their own reality show medicine.  Donald Trump is a human hurricane, sent spinning to our shores by a power equal to what sent them Edward Snowden. Which raises the question, why is Brennan worried now?  Why didn't he speak up when it might've counted, before the election? 

The answer is simple, no one in the US Intel community, except perhaps a handful of mathematicians at the NSA, could see behind them, much less ahead; the connection between a faceless man in black, spinning on a bed of fake snow, and a golden eye of Ra on the horizon.

Like Snowden, Donald "Trump" is here to help destroy something ....

Edited by Raptor Witness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76

I was surprised to find out people who no longer work for the government still have security clearance. That just seems like a foolish thing to do, and can only bring negative consequences. Let alone someone keeping clearance who works for the media. Everyone should get their clearance revoked the second it's no longer relevant to them.

And yes Raptor, he is here to destroy something. The satanic pedo cults that have been running institutions all over this country and world.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent0range
1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

I was surprised to find out people who no longer work for the government still have security clearance. That just seems like a foolish thing to do, and can only bring negative consequences. Let alone someone keeping clearance who works for the media. Everyone should get their clearance revoked the second it's no longer relevant to them.

And yes Raptor, he is here to destroy something. The satanic pedo cults that have been running institutions all over this country and world.

Just because you have a security clearance doesn't mean you can waltz up in to the CIA and access classified information.  You CAN'T access anything.  The reason they keep their security clearances is so they can be called upon by directors and such if they require their experience when something is encountered that they can help with.  What exactly do you think you can do with a security clearance?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor

The security clearance really isn't that much.  Almost just a courtesy really.  What raised my eyebrows was the President using his powers to punish his personal political enemies.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_corruption

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Jim
6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The security clearance really isn't that much.  Almost just a courtesy really.  What raised my eyebrows was the President using his powers to punish his personal political enemies.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_corruption

If it "really isn't that much" then how can removing it be considered punishment?  Why the outrage?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
3 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

If it "really isn't that much" then how can removing it be considered punishment?  Why the outrage?

Because it is selectively targeting only his political opponents or those involved with the Russia investigation? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
56 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Just because you have a security clearance doesn't mean you can waltz up in to the CIA and access classified information.  You CAN'T access anything.  The reason they keep their security clearances is so they can be called upon by directors and such if they require their experience when something is encountered that they can help with.  What exactly do you think you can do with a security clearance?

I hope you are right about that. And I'm not saying you are wrong, but the words "security clearance" by definition sounds like they still have access to classified information. If they cant access any information, then they have lost nothing. If their input is deemed necessary, it can just be reinstated.

For the life of me I cant see why any American would want the opinion of John Brennan to begin with.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent0range
5 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I hope you are right about that. And I'm not saying you are wrong, but the words "security clearance" by definition sounds like they still have access to classified information. If they cant access any information, then they have lost nothing. If their input is deemed necessary, it can just be reinstated.

For the life of me I cant see why any American would want the opinion of John Brennan to begin with.

Well, I held a security clearance for over 12 years, so I do know what I'm talking about.  Even when you are serving with a clearance, you can't just access anything you want.  It doesn't work that way.  And, no, a clearance can't just be reinstated.  Once the clearance is gone, or lapses, the multi-hundreds of thousands of dollar process that takes months needs to start over.  

This is clearly targeting political opponents.  There are THOUSANDS of people not serving that holds clearances, yet, how come he is only targeting people who are critical of him?  That is straight out of the playbook of a dictator.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
6 hours ago, Big Jim said:

If it "really isn't that much" then how can removing it be considered punishment?  Why the outrage?

Two answers.  First, 'cause, Trump... and second, they can't feed at as many troughs without that clearance.  It is necessary for many of the jobs/contracts they expect to pursue when they leave official government service.  As to why he's targeting his critics, why not?  He's been taking outrageous amounts of incoming since he won.  He deserves to give a little back.  If these former officials want to be treated with the same courtesies their predecessors enjoyed then maybe they should behave with the same respect and dignity those predecessors did.  The last time I read anything about Dictators, inconveniencing people was the least of their worries.  If any of his detractors begin to die or disappear, get back to me.  Until then, I recommend rebreathing from a brown paper sack for that hyperventilation.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam

Brennan's patriotism has been in question a long time. A lot longer than Trump has been President.

Here's a 2015 article. http://www.intrepidreport.com/archives/15993

The recent revelation by retired Lieutenant General Michael Flynn, the former head of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), that the Obama administration, including Brennan at the CIA, ignored the threat of the rise of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), provides yet further proof that a Saudi and Wahhabist “Manchurian Candidate” now occupies the director’s chair on the seventh floor of the CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia. Flynn said that the White House and supporters of the Syrian rebellion against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad ignored the DIA’s SECRET report from August 2012 on the rise of the Islamist caliphate in Syria and Iraq and did nothing to stop it.

Here's a 2014 article. http://www.patriotortraitor.com/john-owen-brennan/

In mid-December 2013, Judicial Watch obtained and released the full transcript of a May 7, 2012, teleconference between then-White House top counterterror adviser (now CIA Director) John Brennan and various TV terrorism consultants in which Brennen revealed that the U.S. and its allies had “inside control over any plot” in its efforts to thwart a May 2012 terrorism bomb plot, thus blowing the cover on undercover agents within al Qaeda.

The Brennan revelation of “inside control” – an intelligence community euphemism for spies within an enemy operation – reportedly helped lead to the disclosure of a previously well-kept secret at the heart of a joint U.S.-British-Saudi undercover terrorism operation inside Yemen-based al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP). According to to a Reuters May 18, 2012, report:

The next day’s headlines were filled with news of a U.S. spy planted inside Yemen-based Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), who had acquired the latest, non-metallic model of the underwear bomb and handed it over to U.S. authorities.

He appears to be an enemy of the state.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Jim
13 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Because it is selectively targeting only his political opponents or those involved with the Russia investigation? 

Do you really expect Trump to take everything that's been thrown at him and not hit back?  He's removed one person's security clearance.  Not from multiple "opponents" and not from "those (again multiple) involved with the Russia investigation".  This is the same projecting and imagining that is common in a lot of criticisms about President Trump.  According to your original assessment, it still wouldn't be much of a punishment if he did it to 20 people.  If it's a wet noodle, then it's still a wet noodle no matter how often you use it.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
21 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

Do you really expect Trump to take everything that's been thrown at him and not hit back?  He's removed one person's security clearance.  Not from multiple "opponents" and not from "those (again multiple) involved with the Russia investigation".  This is the same projecting and imagining that is common in a lot of criticisms about President Trump.  According to your original assessment, it still wouldn't be much of a punishment if he did it to 20 people.  If it's a wet noodle, then it's still a wet noodle no matter how often you use it.

 

You haven't seen the list of who he was planning on stripping the clearance from I take it.  As for hitting back- using your government position to hit back is the very definition of corruption.  He can whine on twitter. But the second he starts using presidential power to strike at enemies no matter how small or petty that power is, it is still corruption. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You haven't seen the list of who he was planning on stripping the clearance from I take it.  As for hitting back- using your government position to hit back is the very definition of corruption.  He can whine on twitter. But the second he starts using presidential power to strike at enemies no matter how small or petty that power is, it is still corruption. 

Just curious..

Where did you read the King had a list?

Who told you?

 

Edited by acidhead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/08/17/rand-paul-backs-trump-on-pull-brannans-security-clearance-n2510746

Before President Trump made the decision to strip Brennan of his clearance, Republican Senator Rand Paul publicly backed the idea and had a conversation about it at the White House. 

Today I will meet with the President and I will ask him to revoke John Brennan’s security clearance!

— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) July 23, 2018

Public officials should not use their security clearances to leverage speaking fees or network talking head fees

— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) July 23, 2018

He's still standing by the decision and told Fox News in an interview Thursday night it's long past time.

 

He leaked information that came out in the media that we had a double agent in Yemen," Paul said. "John Brennan should have been fired for that alone."

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnchorSteam
4 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/08/17/rand-paul-backs-trump-on-pull-brannans-security-clearance-n2510746

Before President Trump made the decision to strip Brennan of his clearance, Republican Senator Rand Paul publicly backed the idea and had a conversation about it at the White House. 

Today I will meet with the President and I will ask him to revoke John Brennan’s security clearance!

— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) July 23, 2018

Public officials should not use their security clearances to leverage speaking fees or network talking head fees

— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) July 23, 2018

He's still standing by the decision and told Fox News in an interview Thursday night it's long past time.

 

He leaked information that came out in the media that we had a double agent in Yemen," Paul said. "John Brennan should have been fired for that alone."

Nicely done, South Alabam, as they used to say in Rome; Q.E.D.

 

Its a tough Swamp to cross, but at least somebody is trying!

TrumpCrossingSwamp4894.jpg.b3f69d84cc15e4dab37782e02122be5b.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
9 hours ago, acidhead said:

Just curious..

Where did you read the King had a list?

Who told you?

 

Donald Trump and the White House?  I know they aren't very credible and his supporters don't listen to him.  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/08/17/after-brennan-donald-trump-seeks-yank-more-security-clearances/1019013002/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
On 8/19/2018 at 4:38 AM, preacherman76 said:

And yes Raptor, he is here to destroy something. The satanic pedo cults that have been running institutions all over this country and world.

Are you talking about the Catholic Church?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Jim
9 hours ago, Gromdor said:

You haven't seen the list of who he was planning on stripping the clearance from I take it.  As for hitting back- using your government position to hit back is the very definition of corruption.  He can whine on twitter. But the second he starts using presidential power to strike at enemies no matter how small or petty that power is, it is still corruption. 

I've heard of the others, same as you.  But I distinguish between plans and actions.  You are still criticizing him for things he hasn't done as if they have already happened.  Many people serve and enjoy the perks of their position "at the pleasure of the President".  Removing people or revoking their privileges because they have displeased him is well within his rights as Chief Executive and not corruption at all.  On the contrary, corruption is better defined by people assuming that what were once privileges are now rights that cannot be revoked.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent0range
7 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

I've heard of the others, same as you.  But I distinguish between plans and actions.  You are still criticizing him for things he hasn't done as if they have already happened.  Many people serve and enjoy the perks of their position "at the pleasure of the President".  Removing people or revoking their privileges because they have displeased him is well within his rights as Chief Executive and not corruption at all.  On the contrary, corruption is better defined by people assuming that what were once privileges are now rights that cannot be revoked.

So you are advocating the use of Presidential powers as punishment against critics?  How is that not something straight out of Putin's or Kim's playbook?  If this was a Democrat, you people would be going absolutely crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
13 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

I've heard of the others, same as you.  But I distinguish between plans and actions.  You are still criticizing him for things he hasn't done as if they have already happened.  Many people serve and enjoy the perks of their position "at the pleasure of the President".  Removing people or revoking their privileges because they have displeased him is well within his rights as Chief Executive and not corruption at all.  On the contrary, corruption is better defined by people assuming that what were once privileges are now rights that cannot be revoked.

You know there was a reason why our forefathers went with a president instead of a king.

Political corruption is using government power for personal gain.  Punishing personal critics is personal gain and nothing more.  It should be real amusing to see what happens if he follows through and removes Mueller's clearance.  I'm not so sure that it will happen.  He needs more supporters like you and less detractors like me for that to fly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam
Posted (edited)

On Wednesday, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders accused Brennan, who led the CIA for most of former President Barack Obama's second term, of "lying." Brennan's "recent conduct, characterized by increasingly frenzied commentary," Sanders said, "is wholly inconsistent with access to the nation's most closely held secrets."

Sanders' remarks echoed the sentiments of Paul, who has spent weeks calling for Brennan, a harsh critic of Trump, to lose his clearance. Late last month, Paul wrote on Twitter that "Brennan and other partisans" should be stripped of their security clearances. He suggested Brennan has leveraged his clearance into gigs as a cable news talking head.

So it came as no surprise that Paul lauded Trump for taking away Brennan's security clearance. "I urged the President to do this. I filibustered Brennan's nomination to head the CIA in 2013, and his behavior in government and out of it demonstrate why he should not be allowed near classified information," Paul said in a statement. "He participated in a shredding of constitutional rights, lied to Congress, and has been monetizing and making partisan political use of his clearance since his departure."

https://reason.com/blog/2018/08/17/rand-paul-trump-should-keep-revoking-ex

 

Turns Out Obama Revoked Security Clearances Also – Why No Outrage Then?

This action is part of a broader effort by Mr. Trump to suppress freedom of speech & punish critics. It should gravely worry all Americans, including intelligence professionals, about the cost of speaking out. My principles are worth far more than clearances. I will not relent.

— John O. Brennan (@JohnBrennan) August 15, 2018

 

However, the Obama-appointed Brennan, as well as his defenders in the Intelligence Community, were silent when the former president revoked the security clearance of Adam Lovington, an analyst who uncovered questionable payments to FBI mole Stephan Halper.

Halper has since been implicated as having played a role in events leading to the Mueller investigation.  A Pentagon analyst was stripped of his security clearance in 2016 after he raised questions about unusual and “astronomically” high contracts for Stefan Halper, a secret FBI informant deployed against Trump campaign affiliates

https://rightwirenews.com/turns-out-obama-revoked-security-clearances-also-why-no-outrage-then/

 

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Jim
1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

So you are advocating the use of Presidential powers as punishment against critics?  How is that not something straight out of Putin's or Kim's playbook?  If this was a Democrat, you people would be going absolutely crazy.

I'm not advocating anything, just recognizing that the President's actions are well within his Constitutionally granted authority.  It exists without my help or approval.  If he was using the playbooks you cite Brennan would be dead.  

I do not speak for "you people", nor base my understanding of the Constitution on the party in power.  Democrats have indeed done the same thing and I did not go crazy.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Jim
1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

You know there was a reason why our forefathers went with a president instead of a king.

Political corruption is using government power for personal gain.  Punishing personal critics is personal gain and nothing more.  It should be real amusing to see what happens if he follows through and removes Mueller's clearance.  I'm not so sure that it will happen.  He needs more supporters like you and less detractors like me for that to fly.

Since there is no higher office than President I have a hard time imagining what he stands to gain in the political world.  He has not silenced or punished Brennan in any way.  Clearances are a tool of the job.  It's amazing to me that they endure after their usefulness is over.  Removing them, for whatever reason, is no different than an employer asking for the return of keys to the store when an employee separates.  I've had access to many things necessary for my job that I no longer have.  I don't feel punished by their loss. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
On 8/19/2018 at 7:38 AM, preacherman76 said:

I was surprised to find out people who no longer work for the government still have security clearance. That just seems like a foolish thing to do, and can only bring negative consequences. Let alone someone keeping clearance who works for the media. Everyone should get their clearance revoked the second it's no longer relevant to them.

And yes Raptor, he is here to destroy something. The satanic pedo cults that have been running institutions all over this country and world.

You don't actually believe that crap do you?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.