Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Germany lacks plan in case of alien contact

The Caspian Hare

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-lacks-plan-in-case-of-alien-contact/a-45126643

The German government has "no plans or protocol" should first contact with aliens occur, according to a report by German daily Bild.

The government considers such an event "extremely unlikely according to current scientific knowledge," the Ministry of Economics said when responding to a question from Green MP Dieter Janecek.

Read more: Germans believe in aliens

"Concrete cases that could have been the subject of bilateral or multilateral talks with other states are not known," the ministry's statement continued.

• Haha 5

From the article:

It aims to train US, joint and allied military forces for combat with "space-capable adversaries." The Air Force squadron regularly conducts drills designed to simulate what a space attack might look like if an otherworldly adversary attempted one.

Sweet, isnt it?

• Haha 2

Not much of a news item I think. I'm sure that my country (Sweden) doesn't have a protocol for that either. It would be a much bigger news item if a country actually had a protocol in place to communicate with extraterrestrials.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think a bosomy Bavarian Barmaid and a couple of kegs of German beer will suffice should it come down to that ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Well yeah, that's just it. While contact with aliens could happen, there is, at this point, no reason to expect it to happen in the foreseeable future, so there's no real reason to work out a plant for this event right now. Though we did have plans for what to do in the case of WW III in, like, the 80s and stuff.
And I guess if it happens the whole thing would be dealt with on a Europe-wide level rather than on a country level, due to Germany being a bit too small and all.

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, toast said:

From the article:

Sweet, isnt it?

Yeah, their training video consists of clips from Independence Day. 

*facepalm*

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The British Government has plans on what to do in the event of alien invasion.

I think ours actually does have some good advice in it...

like if an alien craft appears...

don't immediately shoot at it and set off an interstellar war. 

Lol. 

You know it would happen, anyway, but still.

Edited by GlitterRose
  • Haha 1

If aliens do show up and wanted to take the planet. I don't think there would be whole lot we could to about it. If they have the technology to get here they are going to be so far above us, we might as well just hope they are benevolent and save our money for other more important things like mitigating and preparing for climate change.  

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

Yeah, their training video consists of clips from Independence Day. 

*facepalm*

Ok, if understood correctly, the US Air Force drill squadron has a sober alcoholic who will run the show. Q: is there a sober alcoholic sacrificed at every single drill for the reason of authenticity?

• Haha 2

Germany has been dealing with "Alien invasion" for over a decade. 

It's response ? Lie down and let them walk all over you. :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Americans have the art of wasting dollars down to a exact science. :lol:

We didn't invent the concept of spending "OPM"  but we darned sure turned it into an art form.  We've even accelerated the concept into spending "other people's CHILDREN's money", briefly, then began to spend money that can never be paid back and acted like that was not a problem.  

I gotta say, I'm with the Germans on this one.  I'll take a wait and see stance and keep some valium on hand just in case  :w00t:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Yeah... invite them in and offer them benefits :( 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

If aliens do show up and wanted to take the planet. I don't think there would be whole lot we could to about it. If they have the technology to get here they are going to be so far above us, we might as well just hope they are benevolent and save our money for other more important things like mitigating and preparing for climate change.  

There is a strong, though not total consensus on the effects of EMP and the catastrophe it would mean for our country.  Mitigating that danger by hardening our electrical grid would be a pittance compared to some programs that are funded now.  There are some estimates from government sources that upwards of 90% of the population would be dead after one year without power.  If our government won't fund THAT, do you really think they'd do anything for ACC?  

4 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Too right...BTW, shouldn't you be at WORK?!  You have expenses to pay for those unfortunates! 

45 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I think a bosomy Bavarian Barmaid and a couple of kegs of German beer will suffice should it come down to that ...

As foreigners who plan to operate a vehicle on German soil and/or in German airspace must have international insurance card for the vehicle, and its probable that the alienz have no clue what that is, the vehicle would be confiscated on the spot. So they would have to continue their invasion by using public transportation service.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, toast said:

As foreigners who plan to operate a vehicle on German soil and/or in German airspace must have international insurance card for the vehicle, and its probable that the alienz have no clue what that is, the vehicle would be confiscated on the spot. So they would have to continue their invasion by using public transportation service.

Yup ... then point that bus straight at Austria ...

:D

~

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I thought that was what the United States did? :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

Yup ... then point that bus straight at Austria ...

:D

~

Horror for the alienz because the Austrians are more German than we Germans are.

:lol:

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Is it as good as their plan on how to leave the EU ? 

(Sorry I couldn't resist it :rolleyes:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, toast said:

Horror for the alienz because the Austrians are more German than we Germans are.

:lol:

Why .. that's the whole idea Herr Toast ... interesting prospects is it not ?

~ :yes:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

If aliens ever get here it I think they will be benevolent, so no need to fight them in the first place.

What is on Earth that they couldn't get somewhere else ? This idea of aliens conquoring and/or looting planets doesn't make much sense in the real world.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

If aliens do show up and wanted to take the planet. I don't think there would be whole lot we could to about it.

Intelligent interplanetary high speed stealth cruise missiles with anti-planet warheads operating with predator logic, launched at a distance of hundreds of AUs. No chance for us. We cannot even parry a stupid ****ing big stone heading us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

The plan didnt worked well for the House of Commons.

• Haha 2