Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moon water

DebDandelion

Hello all. 

I am posting this on behalf of a friend. If I did it in the wrong section...mods please help then.

Background info: Long nasty divorce between this friend's brother and his (ex) wife. She ended up with all three kiddos.

So the eldest came to visit and told her aunt (my friend) that mom made them moon water. She didn't like it cause there were bugs in the water.

So friend googled the concept, and she tells that is magic related.( freaked out...)

I don't know enough about the possible explanations... So I am asking for help.

So what am I asking?

*Possibilities /probabilities of what it could be.

*Should there be bugs in?

* what is the purpose?

Would highly appreciate some thoughts .

Regards

Deb

• Like 1

To my understanding.. moon water is pretty much water that has been left to sit to soak up the moon's light. It's supposed to charge the water with moon-power, like how some people charge crystals by the moon. Some folks also do this sort of thing with sunlight too. What the purpose is kind of depends on the practitioner and what their view is on what the moons light is supposed to do or not.  So in and of itself, pretty harmless even if it is a bit spooky in nature. It is just water after all.

However, I'm also aware that some folks put stuff into their water to enhance particular properties- that could potentially be a problem. Not sure if the bugs are accidental, and just get caught in the water and the gal isn't straining them out, or if the bugs are on purpose, but bugs are IMO an icky thing to be consuming. Sometimes people like to collect water that may not necessarily be of a potable nature, and that can be a problem if people are consuming the water. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I honestly thought someone was selling water from the moon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, danydandan said:

That gives me an idea.

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

That gives me an idea.

Get an endorsement from an astronaut and you'd be sorted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There is also a belief in alchemy that moon water is used to help make the elixir of healing and longevity. 

It has healing qualities.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

This is a first. Never heard of moon water before. I suppose its a spiritual equivalents to holy water.:hmm:

In a way, yep. Just different styles of imbuing the water with whatever. Pretty harmless in and of itself. If the water is physically contaminated, that could be a problem in and of itself.

Honestly, I'm not too concerned with the woo factor here so far. The bugs are grossing me out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, danydandan said:

No jokes. My first thought was... How did they get the water (!?) From the moon?

Second thought...there is water on the moon?

Bugs are full of protein. 

Moon is full of shine. 

Water is full of life... not to mention millions of critters so small we just can't see them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, xYlvax said:

There is also a belief in alchemy that moon water is used to help make the elixir of healing and longevity. 

Do we have a resource for me to consult?

3 minutes ago, rashore said:

In a way, yep. Just different styles of imbuing the water with whatever. Pretty harmless in and of itself. If the water is physically contaminated, that could be a problem in and of itself.

Honestly, I'm not too concerned with the woo factor here so far. The bugs are grossing me out.

They ( friend and family) also didn't appreciate the bugs. The woo freaked them out a bit.

3 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

Bugs are full of protein. 

Moon is full of shine. 

Water is full of life... not to mention millions of critters so small we just can't see them.

For a moment I thought we were heading towards moonshine...

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, seanjo said:

I am always deeply surprised at what drivel people will believe.

There I am more liberal than most. As long as you don't hurt others...go for gold (with beliefs).

I am pretty sure that the shine itself cannot influence  the water. I dunno. For other people it is what they believe.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, xYlvax said:

Do people actually believe that?

I suppose, UFO's, Bigfoot, God, Jesus, Zeus, Alaska, Atlantis, Hell, Heaven, Infallibility etcetera. What people believe doesn't really surprises me any more.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DebDandelion said:

Do we have a resource for me to consult?

The Secret Teachings of all Ages-Manly P. Hall

Or you could probably find it online.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Do people actually believe that?

I suppose, UFO's, Bigfoot, God, Jesus, Zeus, Alaska, Atlantis, Hell, Heaven, Infallibility etcetera. What people believe doesn't really surprises me any more.

I don't really care what you believe. I'm just posting what I read. Doesn't make it a fact. That's why I stated it as a belief and not a fact. 

If you can't help or contribute why post 

Oh I am pretty sure somewhere someone will surprise u...there are new things daily @danydandan

I know religious Daoists (not the philosophical variety), will charge water for various intents, using moonlight, sunlight and energy from various constellations and elements in their talisman work.  Pagans also charg water through intention and the use of various elemental influences.  I'm inclined to agree with Deb here and if folks are not hurting anyone, who's to care? 

I'm curious if the kids drank the bugs?  For myself, I've eaten many varieties of insects over the years and enjoyed it.  Kind of an adventerous eater that way.  I love crickets seasoned three ways and some ants have a truly wonderful and utterly unique flavor similar to anise without any seasoning at all... in fact in many recipes, ants are the seasoning.

As for charged water... As part of my regular meditation/energy cultivation routine, I flood my body with negative ions by hanging out near, or under waterfalls or hanging out along the beach where the water is crashing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, xYlvax said:

I don't really care what you believe. I'm just posting what I read. Doesn't make it a fact. That's why I stated it as a belief and not a fact. 

If you can't help or contribute why post 

Relax. I see a sense of homour is something you don't ascribe to.

That's why I asked do people actually believe it?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

I know religious Daoists (not the philosophical variety), will charge water for various intents, using moonlight, sunlight and energy from various constellations and elements in their talisman work.  Pagans also charg water through intention and the use of various elemental influences.  I'm inclined to agree with Deb here and if folks are not hurting anyone, who's to care? 

I'm curious if the kids drank the bugs?  For myself, I've eaten many varieties of insects over the years and enjoyed it.  Kind of an adventerous eater that way.  I love crickets seasoned three ways and some ants have a truly wonderful and utterly unique flavor similar to anise without any seasoning at all... in fact in many recipes, ants are the seasoning.

As for charged water... As part of my regular meditation/energy cultivation routine, I flood my body with negative ions by hanging out near, or under waterfalls or hanging out along the beach where the water is crashing. 

The issue is if they are selling these 'blessed' waters to sick people it's wrong.

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

The issue is if they are selling these 'blessed' waters to sick people it's wrong.

I understood it was a mother, the one who got the kids in the messy divorce, giving said charged water to her children.

Did I miss something?

8 minutes ago, DebDandelion said:

Oh I am pretty sure somewhere someone will surprise u...there are new things daily @danydandan

Nah since I've been back on the site I thought I seen it all, but now I see people think moonlight can change water so I guess I've seen it all now.

• Like 1