Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moon water

DebDandelion

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Nah since I've been back on the site I thought I seen it all, but now I see people think moonlight can change water so I guess I've seen it all now.

Have faith Mate!  There's bound to be more :)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

I know religious Daoists (not the philosophical variety), will charge water for various intents, using moonlight, sunlight and energy from various constellations and elements in their talisman work.  Pagans also charg water through intention and the use of various elemental influences.  I'm inclined to agree with Deb here and if folks are not hurting anyone, who's to care? 

I'm curious if the kids drank the bugs?  For myself, I've eaten many varieties of insects over the years and enjoyed it.  Kind of an adventerous eater that way.  I love crickets seasoned three ways and some ants have a truly wonderful and utterly unique flavor similar to anise without any seasoning at all... in fact in many recipes, ants are the seasoning.

As for charged water... As part of my regular meditation/energy cultivation routine, I flood my body with negative ions by hanging out near, or under waterfalls or hanging out along the beach where the water is crashing. 

Thank u so much for sharing.!

The kids did drink the water. What bothers her (friend) is that it is(was) a variety of bugs in the water. Seems like it wasn't strained.

Why do u want to flood ur body with negative ions?

2 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

Have faith Mate!  There's bound to be more :)

Hope not, it would mean alot more people are suffering from insanity than assumed.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

I understood it was a mother, the one who got the kids in the messy divorce, giving said charged water to her children.

Did I miss something?

I just meant in general. The selling of snake oil.

• Thanks 2

Just now, DebDandelion said:

Thank u so much for sharing.!

The kids did drink the water. What bothers her (friend) is that it is(was) a variety of bugs in the water. Seems like it wasn't strained.

Why do u want to flood ur body with negative ions?

I appreciate the affect it has on my body and mind.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, danydandan said:

The issue is if they are selling these 'blessed' waters to sick people it's wrong.

Not in this instance. Seems like Mom was experimenting...

• Like 1

I respect that. But isn't negative ions (emphasis on negative) bad? Not sure how it works

8 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Hope not, it would mean alot more people are suffering from insanity than assumed.

Never assume:rofl:

4 minutes ago, DebDandelion said:

Not in this instance. Seems like Mom was experimenting...

I suppose with all the bugs in it, it's kinda like a natural protein shake? Blend them buggies up into a paste add water, boom protein shake.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

I suppose with all the bugs in it, it's kinda like a natural protein shake? Blend them buggies up into a paste add water, boom protein shake.

I don't like wings and legs in my shake...u?

4 minutes ago, DebDandelion said:

I don't like wings and legs in my shake...u?

It's in a paste, you wouldn't have a clue.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, danydandan said:

It's in a paste, you wouldn't have a clue.

We need an eeeeeuw button:ph34r:

But true... U won't

If you eat canned food, you eat some bugs.

The FDA has a list for the acceptable amount of insect parts allowable in canned foods created in giant vats for mass consumption, where it is nigh on impossible to keep all the bugs out.

I contend we could do a lot toward wiping out hunger if we began to farm and use insects as protein.  Could make them into palatable patties with no hint of the original source visible.

As to negative ions.  They are atoms/molecules that carry a negative electrical charge, most readily found near heavily thrashing water, like waterfalls and on the beaches.  When present in vast quantities they can cause a state of euphoria in those sensitive to such and can alleviate depression in some, but even if the mood effect is not felt, their charge will attract dust and allergens and can cleanse the air indoors for those with intense allergies, negative ionizers are sold to help create more negative ions indoors where there typically are none.

• Thanks 1

Here's a brief WebMD article on negative ions.

Negative ions are odorless, tasteless, and invisible molecules that we inhale in abundance in certain environments. Think mountains, waterfalls, and beaches. Once they reach our bloodstream, negative ions are believed to produce biochemical reactions that increase levels of the mood chemical serotonin, helping to alleviate

depression, relieve stress, and boost our daytime energy.  <snip>  

Ions are molecules that have gained or lost an electrical charge. . They are created in nature as air molecules break apart due to sunlight, radiation, and moving air and water. You may have experienced the power of negative ions when you last set foot on the beach or walked beneath a waterfall. While part of the euphoria is simply being around these wondrous settings and away from the normal pressures of home and work, the air circulating in the mountains and the beach is said to contain tens of thousands of negative ions -- Much more than the average home or office building, which contain dozens or hundreds, and many register a flat zero.

"The action of the pounding surf creates negative air ions and we also see it immediately after spring thunderstorms when people report lightened moods," says ion researcher Michael Terman, PhD, of Columbia University in New York.

<snip>

Generally speaking, negative ions increase the flow of oxygen to the brain; resulting in higher alertness, decreased drowsiness, and more mental energy," says Pierce J. Howard, PhD, author of The Owners Manual for the Brain: Everyday Applications from Mind Brain Research and director of research at the Center for Applied Cognitive Sciences in Charlotte, N.C.

"They also may protect against germs in the air, resulting in decreased irritation due to inhaling various particles that make you sneeze, cough, or have a throat irritation."

that's the basic jist of negative ions, where they come from and what they do...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's a brief WebMD article on negative ions.

I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

Which is nothing more than a placebo.

I don't see how telling your kids the moonwater is special is any worse than telling your kids about Santa.  People have been doing this for hundreds of years, and they know it's not true.  But, the mom may believe in the moonwater herself.  

Placebos work.

PS.  Technically, there's no such thing as moonlight....it's just reflected sunlight.....but I guess everyone already knows that.  Hopefully.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

If you eat canned food, you eat some bugs.

The FDA has a list for the acceptable amount of insect parts allowable in canned foods created in giant vats for mass consumption, where it is nigh on impossible to keep all the bugs out.

I contend we could do a lot toward wiping out hunger if we began to farm and use insects as protein.  Could make them into palatable patties with no hint of the original source visible.

Sorry to snip the second half of your post, but I wanted to address the top half only. The bugs in tinned food, and other foods sometimes for that matter. It's allowable and particulate happens. But I think in this instance it would be more like finding half a grasshopper in your green beans or a chunk of frog in your salad, and mom made you eat those along with the rest of it. Even though you didn't want to. Yuck.

Though I don't know the family in question like Deb does.. I would hazard a guess that if mom had strained the gunk out of the water before handing it to the kids, the whole thing would have possibly been less commented on it to dad. Or maybe not since Deb said this seems to have been an experimental thing.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rashore said:

Sorry to snip the second half of your post, but I wanted to address the top half only. The bugs in tinned food, and other foods sometimes for that matter. It's allowable and particulate happens. But I think in this instance it would be more like finding half a grasshopper in your green beans or a chunk of frog in your salad, and mom made you eat those along with the rest of it. Even though you didn't want to. Yuck.

Though I don't know the family in question like Deb does.. I would hazard a guess that if mom had strained the gunk out of the water before handing it to the kids, the whole thing would have possibly been less commented on it to dad. Or maybe not since Deb said this seems to have been an experimental thing.

For me, if mom strained it and gave them the water it might have helped this side of the family (this side -close to me) to take it better. 

The fact that she (ex wife) now gets busy with a lot of 'weird' things (their words) don't bother me. Like I said, I am liberal there.

But the bugs...:lol:

• Like 1

The experience I had with the mom was that she is a free spirit, and she does embrace alternative (Christianity in this case the norm).

I have always liked her. She is like that refreshing breath of air with her views and habits. Different to what I am used to but @ peace with herself.

So, for me this is just part of her. But to calm the emotions from the other side I promised I would ask and get info.

U guys rock BTW.

I can actually calm nerves tomorrow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danydandan said:

Get an endorsement from an astronaut and you'd be sorted.

I was more thinking along the lines that some aliens gave me water from the moon. My consumer target being New Agers.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, DebDandelion said:

So what am I asking?

*Possibilities /probabilities of what it could be

Note there is no explanation what an appropriate source is, so it could well mean, 

Bottled water

Tap water

Bog water

Sea water

To create moon water, simply collect water from an appropriate source and place it in a transparent glass or silver container that has been washed well and cleansed in whichever way you see fit

. http://www.witchipedia.com/def:moon-water

It also does not say how to wash it well, so my initial thought would be to wash it in fairy liquid or bung it in the dishwasher.

So to your question:

It is just water. You could have the same effect mentally by drinking a glass of any other drink,  if you truely believe in this tosh.

The moon does have an effect on our seas, but you would not want to be drinking sea water, so someone had an idea of using drinkable water, throw in moon and magic and people will fall for it......and they were right, people did fall for it:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

I was more thinking along the lines that some aliens gave me water from the moon. My consumer target being New Agers.

People will buy anything. They sell cans of fresh air in China.

4 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

How about  set up a bar in Roswell and sell it on tap? 

Can you imagine that! People will love it, (moon)  water out of a tap. 

9 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

How about  set up a bar in Roswell and sell it on tap? 

Can you imagine that! People will love it, (moon)  water out of a tap. 

Irish up, that moonwater and you'll have a hit.

• Like 1