Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Animal Spirits

openozy

I've experienced a few dog spirits in my time owning dogs.One a very loyal staffy who I had to have put down due to an injury.A few weeks after, I called the other dogs up to the house and she was with them,stood at my feet,looked up and disappeared in front of me.A mini chihuahua after dying of old age came to me when I was getting into bed and jumped up and down to be picked up then vanished.A pup which escaped my yard and was run down,I carried him into the yard and put him on the grass to check him but he died,as he died I saw a bright greenish light ascend out of his body into the night sky.These spirits made me feel sadness and joy at the same time.

• Like 4

Most mediums say that animals can live on for a short time after physical death, based on the amount of love we gave them as pets.

Personally, I'm on the fence about Animal Spirits.

• Like 2

After we had our lab Jake put to sleep I thought I kept hearing his nails clicking on the tile floor. 

A few weeks after he was put to sleep I was outside with the other dogs and all of a sudden I see a chocolate lab walking up my driveway, I almost freaked out thinking it was Jake’s ghost. Turns out it was a new neighbors lab that just happened to look just like Jake. 

• Like 2

After my cat, Cuddles, died I woke up one night was getting a drink from the fridge, I happen to look in the living room saw her on my computer chair. It was her spot and none of the other cats would lay on it, even though she was gone.  I walked over and as I got closer I could hear her purring. I reached out to touch her and she disappeared, but I could still hear her purring.  I like to think she came back to say goodbye.  After that, my other cats started using the chair. 

• Like 2

I think animals also have an astral body that continues for a time after death. Animals that grew an attachment to humans may be experienced after death just like human ghosts.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

After we had our lab Jake put to sleep I thought I kept hearing his nails clicking on the tile floor

I feel it was your lab.

over the years we have had 5 basset hounds all of them passed due to cancer and all of them have returned upon occasion. I heard one of them last night. they always come back to my dads place I always see them laying on a couch or a chair. it startles me no end when something that sounds faint and echoy, says wuff right next to my ear. especially when I am the only one who heard it.

• Like 3

Sadly I had my dog put down recently. His toenails on the floor, his enthusiasm at greeting me, his smell, his love and affection his energy to sing even on the last day of his illness, his very being is greatly missed and I think I have slipped into illusion that he might come 'visit' one day, but he has not, it is empty and now lonely is me.

We had 14 and a half years of adventures together, he was my shadow but his time came before mine.

I know he didn't want to leave me, but he has never returned to me only as a dream.

If your pets return to say farewell or hello again, that sure is beautiful :innocent: