Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ice confirmed at the Moon's poles

The Caspian Hare

16 hours ago, Astra. said:

Do you mean in general 'limitless' space, or water vapor around other planets ? 

Thanks Astra,......ya, out in space away from planets.        (I warned y’all it might be a stupid question)   

i assume there probably is water vapor in the atmospheres of Some planets. .....other than ours.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lightly said:

Thanks Astra,......ya, out in space away from planets.        (I warned y’all it might be a stupid question)   

i assume there probably is water vapor in the atmospheres of Some planets. .....other than ours.

If the planet has water and near enough to its sun, I'm sure it rains. Maybe those planets have a similar seasonal pattern. 

Correct me if I'm wrong folks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lightly said:

Mars have water vapour in its atmosphere, not very much though. 

Edit: Venus have a little water vapour too, but it interacts with the atmosphere, producing sulphuric acid. Venus is not a pleasant place at all. :(

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 2

Thanks Not,......ya, I was just thinking about a water molecule IN SPACE....far away from any planet.

i know there are Icey objects in space...( comets, objects in the Van Allen belt....etc.). .I guess space is too cold for liquid water to exist in? ....  But ,under certain conditions....In Sunlight...I'm wondering if ice might melt.....or if steam could happen....or condensation ....

i used to think that steam might dissipate ...and the water molecules might break up into hydrogen and oxygen atoms....but I Guess  that is never the case ?   (Without ionization)

......I dunno...just thinking,..... a somewhat iffy proposition for my feeble old mind to attempt.   ;o )

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lightly said:

No lightly, it's not a stupid question at all. In fact I learnt something that I had no idea about because of your query.

I found this interesting article where a water vapor cloud does actually exist in outer space and not only on some planets where we have already discovered water / or signs of (mainly in the form of water ice). There is possibly even more of these massive vapor clouds in other regions of deeper-outer-space that we have not discovered yet. 

Scientists have found the biggest and oldest reservoir of water ever–so large and so old, it’s almost impossible to describe.

The water is out in space, a place we used to think of as desolate and desert dry, but it’s turning out to be pretty lush.

Researchers found a lake of water so large that it could provide each person on Earth an entire planet’s worth of water–20,000 times over. Yes, so much water out there in space that it could supply each one of us all the water on Earth–Niagara Falls, the Pacific Ocean, the polar ice caps, the puddle in the bottom of the canoe you forgot to flip over–20,000 times over.

The water is in a cloud around a huge black hole that is in the process of sucking in matter and spraying out energy (such an active black hole is called a quasar), and the waves of energy the black hole releases make water by literally knocking hydrogen and oxygen atoms together.

https://www.fastcompany.com/1769468/scientists-discover-oldest-largest-body-water-existence-space

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 2

Wow. !   ....thanks a Lot Astra...we both learned something extremely interesting !

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, lightly said:

Wow. !   ....thanks a Lot Astra...we both learned something extremely interesting !

:tu:..

$10K a bottle, get your pre-orders ready.