Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained noises in our house

Emotional4u2

So my family is from Stockton CA, we moved to Mexico 4 years ago. We have just recently moved to a larger house and scince we moved, at night my 2 girls who share a room told me that someone is trying to get into their room at night.  So I just reassured them that it was the wind from the window down the hall  being slightly ajar pulling the door.   So I also told them to use their night light and always say your prayers. We have had experienced things of this nature before but my brother passed and I know it's him. By the things that happen. But yesterday at 10 pm I did in fact go to their room and lie on the bed and wait, as I said ok it's been 10 minutes it's nothing I heard the knob twist and then a release and it snaped back in place.      Also someone told my husband oh, you live in the scary house, so he said, what do you mean? And the guy said well no one. Ever lives their long.  I don't feel uncomfortable here at all, however, the other night while my kids were all visiting my mom in Stockton. My husband and I were sleeping, and I heard a noise as if someone was running in our house from the 3rd floor to our girls room, and it woke me up so I told my dog go get them, and he ran to my older daughters room and sat there crying all night. Anyhow, I have an open mind to everything, and I'm not afraid, I just wanted to share my experience with others and see if anyone else has something similar. 

Edited by Emotional4u2
Misspelled
  • Like 1

I never had any experience like this but it does sound like something paranormal is going on in your house.

I don’t think anything that’s happening is harmful (as you said you think it’s your brother), but the things are interesting.

The most paranormal experience I have had is in my grandparents’ house. It was said that somebody died or killed themselves in the house, and my aunt said she’d always see ghosts in the hallway or in her room. I never really saw anything until I saw one thing that looked like a shadow in the hallway. However it disappeared shortly after. No strange noises or anything though.

• Like 1

I think rather than focus on noises that you hear in this house (where ones imagination can go into overdrive). Concentrate on the more important things in your life and your families lives instead. There can be a myriad of mundane reasons why houses make noises (especially older houses). It's not a good idea to encourage and fill your children's heads with anything being related to the paranormal etc whilst living there. It's all hocus-pocus nonsense IMHO. 

Thanks for your responses, oh yes I definitely focus only on my family, and no I do not put all of my attention into listening to noises.   But it's when you close the closet doors  and your the only one home, and when you go back upstairs and it's wide open. You must know that your really in the company of something.    At 10 pm I was wide awake and watching TV. So when my girls asked me to come and show me, after 10 minutes the door knob twisted and released. I knew it was something.   As I said I'm open minded. My brother used to make all my lights go on in my truck and flicker lights, since he passed so I told my girls it's just uncle watching over them earlier today when we were discussing this. But again I always tell them to say their prayers at night and never be afraid to share our world with others, in presence and other. 

Hi Emotional, and welcome to the forum.

I agree with Astra to do nothing to seem to pay any attention to this in front of your children. Assure them you listen and hear them, but reassure them they are fine and safe. They are so very impressionable.

On the other hand, apart from them you can clean your house to be rid of this phenomenon easily. Ask a priest to come in and bless the home, or else do it yourself with olive oil or holy water, or you can use the LBRP I think it is called on youtube - a banishing pentagram ritual.

If all else fails and the kids are away order it out and away from your home and family. It will work to the extent you are serious. I generally have observed that when people get serious about this banishing and wanting an end to it, it stops. Literally, just order it out and away same as if some burglar crawled in, scream, cuss, whatever feels good to you and throw it OUT. Repeat if needed. When you mean it, and lose the fear, it will end.

• Like 1

I think its definitely paranormal.As you probably know animals pick up on these things,they aren't overburdened by a complicated mind like ours.I'd go with Not a Rockstar's advice on this.

• Thanks 1