Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God is extremely unlikely

zep73

I don't know if you can imagine the geometry of the universe, but I can.

It is so unbelievable huge. When we look at the night sky in clear weather without light polution, we only see a fraction of our own galaxy, the Milky Way. A fraction!

That's just our own! There is a MINIMUM of 200.000.000.000 (200 billions) of them.
Maybe even 2.000.000.000.000 (2 trillions)! And you can only see a fraction of 1 !!!

We have been transmitting radio waves, who travel at light speed, for about 100 years. That means there's a 3D halo of radio waves that covers a 200 light year diameter around earth. You'd think that is very very far, but it's not. It's very far from far! It's quite short, seen in the universal scale of things. 200 light years is nothing!

200 light years compared to the Milky Way galaxy

So if God put his ultimate genius creation on Earth, a fuzz of dust in the far corner of a universe so big, that no one can fathom it's size, what's the deal with the rest of the 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999....% of the universe?

Just wondering :rolleyes:

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 1

"  I don't know if you can imagine the geometry of the universe, but I can.   "

8 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

don't know if you can imagine the geometry of the universe, but I can.

but I can.

?

Interesting.

We can't see anything.

Slugs in the bottom of the sea, in the most agonizingly slow frequencies.

Edited by MWoo7

3 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

It is so unbelieveably huge. When we look at the night sky in clear weather without light polution, we only see a fraction of our own galaxy, the Milky Way. A fraction!

That's just our own! There is a MINIMUM of 200.000.000.000 (200 billions) of them.
Maybe even 2.000.000.000.000 (2 trillions)! And you can only see a fraction of 1 !!!

We have been transmitting radio waves, who travel at light speed, for about 100 years. That means there's a 3D halo of radio waves that covers a 200 light year diameter around earth. You'd think that is very very far, but it's not. It's very far from far! It's quite short, seen in the universal scale of things. 200 light years is nothing!

200 light years compared to the Milky Way galaxy

So if God put his ultimate genius creation on Earth, a fuzz of dust in the far corner of a universe so big, that no one can fathom it's size, what's the deal with the rest of the 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999....% of the universe?

Just wondering :rolleyes:

You can comprehend the universes size? Pretty sure no one can considering it's infinite.

Sorry to be pedantic but radiowaves only travel at the speed of light in a true vacuum. A true vacuum doesn't exist.

C = 1/sqrt(Permeability * Permativity) with that being said they travel very very close to the speed of light.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

god is a waste of time

Bingo,

back of the cave

yes,

turn around, we are all over here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

You can comprehend the universes size? Pretty sure no one can considering it's infinite.

Sorry to be pedantic but radiowaves only travel at the speed of light in a true vacuum. A true vacuum doesn't exist.

C = 1/sqrt(Permeability * Permativity) with that being said they travel very very close to the speed of light.

You are right, but this is not a peeing contest :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

god is a waste of time

Everything if you honestly think about it is a waste of time.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Everything if you honestly think about it is a waste of time.

Absolutely.

But some things entertain me or give me pleasure. god, or even the contemplation of a god, does not fit into any such category. We are so far beyond such paltry needs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

We are so far beyond such paltry needs.

By the looks of this section and the one above, apparently not. I guess some people just need faith in god or whatever.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

god is a waste of time

Not for everyone.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

By the looks of this section and the one above, apparently not. I guess some people just need faith in god or whatever.

Most people are stupid

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

See above

I'd say insane, rather than stupid.

6 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I'd say insane, rather than stupid.

Eh.. it could go either way, and one could simply be the consequence of the other.

• Like 1

The only place where god and the like exist are in people imaginations. As ideas. The thing is they can be powerful ideas, dangerous ideas, ideas that can cause great harm. Which includes blowing yourself up in a crowd of people for God. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Eh.. it could go either way, and one could simply be the consequence of the other.

Scary thought, that about 60% of the population are insane.

I believe in God, so I'm probably insane.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I hate to break it to you and everyone else. But there isn't a sane person on this planet. Everyone's got something wrong in the head. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Welcome to the club

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Any rational thinking person who is confronted with irrefutable facts, must make a decision between his/her current belief or the facts presented.

Denying that is fanatic. Those who deny are not rational. So in the public discussion they are redundant. To be ignored.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Any rational thinking person who is confronted with irrefutable facts, must make a decision between his/her current belief or the facts presented.

Denying that is fanatic. Those who deny are not rational. So in the public discussion they are redundant. To be ignored.

Are you trying to say you have irrefutable facts that God doesn't exist?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Here I was thinking that it could never be known either way.......Does god have bird hands?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

God is what you have stated to dislike on multiple occasions "unfalsifiable". Dany, you're a hypocrate!

I only have logic evidence that contradics scripture enormously.

Just now, XenoFish said:

Here I was thinking that it could never be known either way.......Does god have bird hands?

Arguing the existence or non-existence of God is pointless, neither position is provable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

God is what you have stated to dislike on multiple occasions "unfalsifiable". Dany, you're a hypocrate!

I only have logic evidence that contradics scripture enormously.

God is unfalsifiable, so that means people can't believe in it,him or her? I don't care if I'm a hypocrite, I certainly don't go around trying to covert the masses. I'm an Agnostic Theist.

If your calling me a hypocrite then you are too, by stating you don't believe. Considering there is no evidence for either position. Also let's be perfectly clear you ascribe to a Holographic Principle of our universe with exactly zero tangible evidence. Care to tell me what the difference in either belief?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

God is unfalsifiable, so that means people can't believe in it,him or her? I don't care if I'm a hypocrite, I certainly don't go around trying to covert the masses. I'm an Agnostic Theist.

If your calling me a hypocrite then you are too, by stating you don't believe. Considering there is no evidence for either position. Also let's be perfectly clear you ascribe to a Holographic Principle of our universe with exactly zero tangible evidence. Care to tell me what the difference in either belief?

The difference is that you attacked me in my thread. You did that despite holding a similar belief yourself. Not right.

• The topic was locked