Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God is extremely unlikely

zep73

9 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Arguing the existence or non-existence of God is pointless, neither position is provable.

Yep, which is a point I've been trying to make a lot here lately. It's not the existence/non-existence of god, it's what you do with the idea of god. That concerns me. Some people use it to give value and meaning to their finite existence. So long as they do no harm I could care less. It's the fanatics that bother me.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 5

Just now, sci-nerd said:

The difference is that you attacked me in my thread. You did that despite holding a similar belief yourself. Not right.

I never attack people, I questioned the hypothesis you were posting about.

3 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

The difference is that you attacked me in my thread. You did that despite holding a similar belief yourself. Not right.

Yeah, I must've missed the whole attack part. I though a question was asked. Silly me.

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

I never attack people, I questioned the hypothesis you were posting about.

Alright. Arguing details is pointless.

23 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Any rational thinking person who is confronted with irrefutable facts, must make a decision between his/her current belief or the facts presented.

Denying that is fanatic. Those who deny are not rational. So in the public discussion they are redundant. To be ignored.

So we are agreed.

Jupiter shall henceforth be named an enemy planet.

• Haha 4

Just now, XenoFish said:

Yeah, I must've missed the whole attack part. I though a question was asked. Silly me.

He is talking about this thread, it's quite an interesting read to be honest. I liked the thread.

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Nevermind. Just a tiny flashback from another thread. My bad.

Alright. Arguing details is pointless.

Actually I got annoyed by your ' I know everything' and questioned it. Then I apologised I think, if I did not I apologise now, because I thought that was a dick move. I was in a bad mood that day I think.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

He is talking about this thread, it's quite an interesting read to be honest. I liked the thread.

Where the hell did that weird image come from???

2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

So we are agreed.

Jupiter shall henceforth be named an enemy planet.

Jupiter's fine. It's the Fartarians from Uranus that's the real enemy.:lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, danydandan said:

Actually I got annoyed by your ' I know everything' and questioned it. Then I apologised I think, if I did not I apologise now.

No need to apologize. I started it badly.

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Jupiter's fine. It's the Fartarians from Uranus that's the real enemy.:lol:

Leave his anus out of this.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

Where the hell did that weird image come from???

I don't know I just copied and pasted the URL from the thread.

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

I don't know if you can imagine the geometry of the universe, but I can.

It is so unbelievable huge. When we look at the night sky in clear weather without light polution, we only see a fraction of our own galaxy, the Milky Way. A fraction!

That's just our own! There is a MINIMUM of 200.000.000.000 (200 billions) of them.
Maybe even 2.000.000.000.000 (2 trillions)! And you can only see a fraction of 1 !!!

We have been transmitting radio waves, who travel at light speed, for about 100 years. That means there's a 3D halo of radio waves that covers a 200 light year diameter around earth. You'd think that is very very far, but it's not. It's very far from far! It's quite short, seen in the universal scale of things. 200 light years is nothing!

200 light years compared to the Milky Way galaxy

So if God put his ultimate genius creation on Earth, a fuzz of dust in the far corner of a universe so big, that no one can fathom it's size, what's the deal with the rest of the 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999....% of the universe?

Just wondering :rolleyes:

Geez, what makes you think earth is all that matters? Let me guess. You are taking the narrowest understanding of the narrowest thinkers and letting them define God and His scope and then arguing against that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Geez, what makes you think earth is all that matters? Let me guess. You are taking the narrowest understanding of the narrowest thinkers and letting them define God and His scope and then arguing against that.

No, I only focus on scriptures and those who believe in them. *Snip*

Edited by kmt_sesh
Ridicule
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

No, I only focus on scriptures and those who believe in them. *Snip*

So my guess was right.

1 hour ago, danydandan said:

Sorry to be pedantic but radiowaves only travel at the speed of light in a true vacuum. A true vacuum doesn't exist.

OK, I'm just a dumb bunny, but I thought radio waves traveled at the speed of sound.

Could you explain, in little words, how radio waves jump to light speed?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

OK, I'm just a dumb bunny, but I thought radio waves traveled at the speed of sound.

Could you explain, in little words, how radio waves jump to light speed?

Radio waves are in the electromagnetic spectrum, like light. They travel at approximately the same speed though a vacuum.

The vacuum itself is doublable, because most theories predict that there is no vacuum.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Most people are stupid

That is an ignorant attitude to have.  As long as one persons beliefs don't cause harm to another, why be so hostile?

Personally, I kind of envy those that can believe in an All-Father (or Mother).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Personally, I kind of envy those that can believe in an All-Father (or Mother).

Yeah, there is a kind of bliss in ignorance, but once you start to learn about how your beliefs actually function. The magic literally vanishes. Then you're left feeling empty and dead inside. That everything you ever believed in was a lie and life itself is meaningless......yep. I'd say that the first domino of that started for me in 2010.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Oh, THAT thread. Yeah, someone succeeded in placing both feet securely in their mouth.

28 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Actually I got annoyed by your ' I know everything' and questioned it. Then I apologised I think, if I did not I apologise now, because I thought that was a dick move. I was in a bad mood that day I think.

Personally, I don't think it was. Someone posts that they 'know everything about everything', then they need to expect to be challenged.

1 minute ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Oh, THAT thread. Yeah, someone succeeded in placing both feet securely in their mouth.

You just proved you know nothing about science, by comparing radio waves to sound waves, and you still feel confident?

That's hilarious! :D

You just proved you know nothing about science, by comparing radio waves to sound waves, and you still feel confident?

That's hilarious! :D

Except sparky, I never claimed to know everything. 

I am aware of my limitations, and really try not to speak on what I don't fully grasp. Unlike some people. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked