Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God is extremely unlikely

zep73

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The only place where god and the like exist are in people imaginations. As ideas. The thing is they can be powerful ideas, dangerous ideas, ideas that can cause great harm. Which includes blowing yourself up in a crowd of people for God. 

Or sacrificing your self to save the lives of others.  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Were you raised on the bible? Or in a Christian home?

No. I was raised on the "book" of atheism if you will, in a secular home Jodie.

It's a double edged sword though. The experience has given me the ability to see things both ways but I'm not sure that it's a blessing lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Yep, think we've hit the point where the thread is lost.

That's probably true but only for those who are in it with only one eye open.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

So if God put his ultimate genius creation on Earth

This never happened.

Only a man made belief did.

9 minutes ago, Will Due said:

It's a double edged sword though. The experience has given me the ability to see things both ways but I'm not sure that it's a blessing lol.

Thank you, but I was actually asking sci-nerd.

I think we are all quite aware of where you get your ideas on god from.

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I hate to break it to you and everyone else. But there isn't a sane person on this planet. Everyone's got something wrong in the head. 

lol. Luckily this means that, being crazy yourself,  you aren't qualified to comment.  :) 

Evolution has given us minds adapted to our environment which have  leaned to respond effectively to elements of the environment,

If we think or believe things it is because these thoughts and beliefs have some survival value.   As times change, thoughts/ beliefs,  may go from  inherently producing  constructive outcomes  to destructive ones and lose their value  

• Like 2

So if God put his ultimate genius creation on Earth,

Who said He did?  Nothing in His word makes this claim.  It simply tells us we are created in His image.  You cannot disprove this any more than those of faith can prove it.  It all gets down to belief and one is as good as another.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

lol. Luckily this means that, being crazy yourself,  you aren't qualified to comment. 

Actually he is. 

We may not always be able to evaluate our own personal crazy, but we can observe and comment on others insanity.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Thank you, but I was actually asking sci-nerd.

I think we are all quite aware of where you get your ideas on god from.

Sorry Jodie, my bad.

• Like 1

Just now, Will Due said:

Sorry Jodie, my bad.

no worries hun. :)

25 minutes ago, Will Due said:

What book is that Will? 

25 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Then why do your analogies fail, and why don't you understand atheists or atheism? 

200 light years compared to the Milky Way galaxy

So if God put his ultimate genius creation on Earth, a fuzz of dust in the far corner of a universe so big, that no one can fathom it's size, what's the deal with the rest of the 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999....% of the universe?

Just wondering :rolleyes:

Now, if you will, friends, consider the maginitude of the universe as revealed by the URANTIA epochal divine revelation:

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/foreword

0:0.5 (1.5) Your world, Urantia, is one of many similar inhabited planets which comprise the local universe of Nebadon. This universe, together with similar creations, makes up the superuniverse of Orvonton, from whose capital, Uversa, our commission hails. Orvonton is one of the seven evolutionary superuniverses of time and space which circle the never-beginning, never-ending creation of divine perfection—the central universe of Havona. At the heart of this eternal and central universe is the stationary Isle of Paradise, the geographic center of infinity and the dwelling place of the eternal God.

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-12-universe-universes

12:0.2 (128.2) In principle, that is, in eternal potential, we conceive of material creation as being infinite because the Universal Father is actually infinite, but as we study and observe the total material creation, we know that at any given moment in time it is limited, although to your finite minds it is comparatively limitless, virtually boundless.

Do you see how important URANTIA is for all of us, and for any person here on earth (Urantia)...

Edited by Luis Marco
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

no worries hun. :)

You know, I know a lot of people here think they know where I get my ideas on God from. 

To me Luke 17:21 records the greatest thing that Jesus ever taught. He basically said if somebody tells you that God is here (like in a book or the words written in a book) or he's there, please don't get confused, because God is really within you.

This is also the main message of the UB and it's because of these two things, Luke 17:21, and the UB as well as everything else I happen to read, that I focus on what we are told there, that God is within, that I look within first for any and all directions about what's to learn about God, about me, about others and everything else. All based on my experiences with the divine presense that indwells me.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, and then said:

Who said He did?  Nothing in His word makes this claim.  It simply tells us we are created in His image.  You cannot disprove this any more than those of faith can prove it.  It all gets down to belief and one is as good as another.  

What about this? 

"The LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed. And out of the ground the LORD God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food.

How can anyone deny a God?? It's impossible to prove he does not exist. Proving seems easier. If there are multiple dimensions how can we see them. Maybe technology can't reveal them or maybe we just aren't meant to see those dimensions. Hating a being in the sky & denying him cannot coexist. If someone is bitter about their life & blame it on God that is an internal issue. If God is real he wouldn't have time to deal with people who don't believe. Why reach out to you when you completely deny him? We had to open up to technology to make it a reality. Sometimes that gift is waiting to be opened.

Edited by AllPossible
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Jupiter's fine. It's the Fartarians from Uranus that's the real enemy.:lol:

I thought the Klingons came from there. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AllPossible said:

Proving seems easier.

Then please, prove a god exists.

I, for one, am waiting with bated (NOT 'baited') breath

30 minutes ago, Luis Marco said:

Do you see how important URANTIA is for all of us, and for any person here on earth (Urantia)…

oh goody, another one.... <_<

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

What about this? 

"The LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed. And out of the ground the LORD God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food.

I was responding to this: "So if God put his ultimate genius creation on Earth"      Where does your example say that man was His greatest or single creation?  There is nothing inconsistent here.  A Creator can have an infinite number of creations and can certainly be beyond the capacity of His creation to understand His methods or means.  This is why I believe that those who vehemently deny a Creator are acting out of pride and arrogance or in some cases, fear.  It is the right of every human being to believe as they wish.  It is also their responsibility, IMO.  To each his own, so long as they do not demand the belief of others.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Actually he is. 

We may not always be able to evaluate our own personal crazy, but we can observe and comment on others insanity.

But if your own judgement is impaired then what ever you judge is also impaired.   He said everyone was not sane.

That then means/includes  himself, and thus his own judgement is  not reliable   ( but this was meant as a joke )

I actually disagree with you.

IMO  we are best able to evaluate  our own mental state, and least able to evaluate another's, because we know what's going on inside our head, while we can only observe the behaviours of another.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

oh goody, another one.... <_<

Lol. Just think. It hasn't even really started yet.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AllPossible said:

How can anyone deny a God?? It's impossible to prove he does not exist. Proving seems easier. If there are multiple dimensions how can we see them. Maybe technology can't reveal them or maybe we just aren't meant to see those dimensions. Hating a being in the sky & denying him cannot coexist. If someone is bitter about their life & blame it on God that is an internal issue. If God is real he wouldn't have time to deal with people who don't believe. Why reach out to you when you completely deny him? We had to open up to technology to make it a reality. Sometimes that gift is waiting to be opened.

Ive got to admit that is the thing that confounds me.  So many people say the y deny god yet  are vitriolic in their opinion of "him"  

I guess  that  what they are really saying is that  they hate the god construct forms worshipped or believed in by others. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

IMO  we are best able to evaluate  our own mental state,

Negative, else all those housed in mental institutions throughout the world would know that they were behaving in an irrational fashion.

4 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Most people are stupid

Statistically speaking, only half the people are stupid.

• The topic was locked