Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God is extremely unlikely

zep73

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

True but it also gives humans a reason to act morally and ethically. Cant have one without the other

you can... it's innate in humans to look out for/ care for each other-- you don't need religion for that! if you do then you have a social problem...

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

but your words hurt me!!! i feel you're insulting my intelligence.. am i allowed to say that? is that politically/ forum incorrect!?

i feel you're bullying me via the rapid barrage of (what i class as utter BS)

it works both ways my friend;)

Sorry but the crime is in the intent.

In your scenario  you choose to get hurt, but i have no intent to hurt you.

Bullying is a persistent pattern of behaviour with an intent to hurt. 

Now if you seriously were hurt by things i said, and you told me this, and i believed you, and refused to stop, then I would be a bully.

But i would stop (ive done so in the past)  I'd probably stop even if I thought you were lying and just trying to shut me up.

However  i might ask you why you were hurt, by words which should not have hurt ,  and suggest that you might seek some therapy to stop yourself from being hurt 

You perceive my words as BS.

i perceive them as life wisdom's which could benefit you. I am not intending to hurt you but help you.

Explain what harm they do you,  (and how/why) and  I might consider, logically, if they could reasonably be considered to be bullying.

Some people are particularly fragile, from childhood experiences or other trauma , and need a little extra care and consideration .   

• Like 1

The facts are the facts. If they make no sense to your mind, it is because your mind is closed.

I'm fine with conventional facts, I just have a problem with your personal facts. 

Dan's points don't actually  disagree with mine I am speaking of an earlier period in human history.

So your making stuff up. 

Again. 

As humans lessen their dependence on the environment for their survival, through knowledge and technology, they can afford to look at the environment in new ways, sometimes without the living forces powers, spirits and gods, which ALL primitive humans believed were a part of their world . 

No they didn't. 

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Dont care what you think, your opinion is worthless. That's why your airways the minority and wrong 9.9 times out of 10. Will was, and is being an ass because he has nothing else to offer. 

Wills behaviour doesn't excuse bullying and harassment, even IF i agreed it was inappropriate, and i don't believe that  He just has a different world view which offends your rigid hatred of relgion. 

• Thanks 1

so for you that's a bad thing i take it?

Na i dont have a subjective opinion.

I am interested in demographics, sociology, anthropology and the cognitive construct of human beliefs.  

Atheism should logically rise  as humans separate  out the material from  the spiritual elements of their lives, yet it doesn't seem to be happening as fastas one would expect.

They are modernising and adjusting their spiritual thinking and theistic forms  rather than abandoning them   

That is down to the powerful evolved cognitive response of the human mind which constructs belief  and faith.

• Like 1

no fk off, answering a question with a question is the ultimate in disrespect in a discussion forum!!-- i asked the likes of you first!! you answer the question..........

That's how I find that poster too. 

• The topic was locked

This thread stopped being about God quite some time ago.

It also is the perfect example as to why posts should be reported rather than retaliated against.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1